It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollow Knight on PS4

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
youtu.be...

I am a massive fan of the Metroidvania style of games and Hollow Knight looks like its gunna take the cake for this years releases on PS4.
For those that don’t know you play a little insect knight set in fantasy style insect kingdom. The art style is very similar to that of Tim Burton.

Other games in the same vain that I enjoyed playing and you might too.

Chasm,Deadcells,Hyperlight Drifter,Sundered, and Axiom Verge.
edit on 21-9-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon should certainly be mentioned as well. I, for one, would like to see some new Castlevania going on, but yeah, Hollow Knight is a great game. It is hard, even for veterans of the genre, so buyer beware, but if you love Metroidvania, it is more than worth the price tag. Happy exploring!

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Thanks for the suggestion that one missed my radar some how I’ll be diving in shortly! Might keep my appetite at bay until I can play Hollow Knight.

a reply to: MisterMcKill

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I love the challenge currently on 3 boss cells on deadcells and beat chasm on mortal so no deaths!

Now you have got me truly excited!

I meant to edit my post not to reply to myself.....derp

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Hollow Knight is #ing awesome. I picked it up off steam a few weeks ago. Haven't beat it yet but i've got almost 60 hours on it. It's the first new game i've bought in 8 years and it was definitely worth it. It's the only game i've played that gave me the same feeling as playing through super metroid the first time as a kid.

There's so much to explore, it's frustratingly difficult but the controls are smooth and it's not cheap difficult, i'm a really big fan of the artwork and armosphere, it's genuinely creepy and fairly terrifying in some parts.

It's probably my second favourite game after super metroid. About the only metroid sequel after that came close was the first prime game, i enjoy the castlevania series but it's just not the same. Hollow Knight's really the first game dince that's recaptures that feeling of being lost and alone in a strange dangerous place.

Also, is your username from Axiom Verge? I picked that up fairly recently too and while it's no Hollow Knight it's fairly great so far.

I just wish more metroidvanias would come out for linux, there's a bunch more newer ones i hear are good i wouldn't mind trying.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Super Metroid is my holy grail of games😩.

You guys your hyping me too much.
I am getting a switch just for Prime 4
a reply to: dug88

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
got a half hour in at lunch, blown totally away,the world is so rich and enchanting. Can’t wait to
Learn all about the lore.

edit on 25-9-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
68 hours in at 110%,
Going for the pantheon of Hollownest achievment.
11/10 would recommend to anyone who games.
Only costs 25$ and this game is a absolute masterpiece.
40 cents an hour for solid entertainment and mysterious,dark and tragic story.

top topics

join