It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wermen In Black

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I went to the closest Western Union to pick up some cash that was being sent my way.
Wal-Mart...uggghhh.
I showed up early.
8 a.m.
They didn't serve cash until 9 a.m.
'Planet of the Clocks.'
So...I'm bored and waiting.
I pick up a piece of chalk and start doodling on the sidewalk.
I lost time and next thing I know...I'm drawing bat-winged weiners and titties with nuclear mushroom clouds.
This woman, looks like she is on her way to or from a funeral...
Black dress, dark sunglasses...she just walks by and drops a case.
Nice case.
Full of art supplies.
Pencils, acrylics, oil pastels, some top-notch paper.
I was ...umm...confused.
"Is this for me?"
She disappeared into the parking lot.
Angel or Demon?
I'm going to draw a dick with titties and ram horns and catch it on fire while drunk on whiskey.
"I'm coming in. I am the Sky Chariot."
Hoo-boy.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

God, I remember when I had my first beer.

Star for the laugh on the art supplies.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

I had my first shot of whiskey before I was a kitt-gardener.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Sounds like something my late mom would do. She had an Art Centre called Ellis House in Bayswater west Oz. She would encourage everyone to learn to draw (no matter how "bad" they were.

She was about five feet tall

Edit: grandfather thought sherry was a good nightcap for us preschool age kids in the sixties. Sherry sends the littles off to sleep quick smart.

chug-a-lug

edit on 21-9-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: added edit

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I lost time and next thing I know...I'm drawing bat-winged weiners and titties with nuclear mushroom clouds.

I don't know about nuclear mushroom clouds but the Romans were very partial to winged phalli.

In ancient Roman religion and magic, the fascinus or fascinum was the embodiment of the divine phallus. The word can refer to the deity himself (Fascinus), to phallus effigies and amulets, and to the spells used to invoke his divine protection.[1] Pliny calls it a medicus invidiae, a "doctor" or remedy for envy (invidia, a "looking upon") or the evil eye.

en.wikipedia.org...

They came in all shapes and sizes, as you would expect. The British Museum has a substantial collection. At one time, they were housed in the Secretum of the museum, a special room dedicated to those things thought too shocking for people, specifically us weak-minded women, to see. You could only view it by special appointment. The books that it once contained, detailing the phallic worshipping cultures, the Greek and Roman martial cultures amongst them, are now available to be viewed in the British Library. Still by appointment, but we ladies are nolonger excluded. The secretum also housed images of the female reproductive organs, and "titties", as well as the act of copulation, symbolically and literally. These are all now freely available to all who wish to engage with them for the purposes of study, though donations I believe are always welcome.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

I can get all that on the interweb.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Beartracker16

Yes you can, the creative commons is a wonderful thing enhanced, as it is, by the internet. And it is good to be able to demonstrably see that progress has been made. Books and objects that we're once seen only by an elitist bunch of white men are now freely available to all to consider and to comprehend what role those beliefs have played in our social evolution. As well as how the with-holding of them caused a deeply detrimental effect on both the collective human psyche and the environment that we have taken upon ourselves to manage.

Now, I speak largely of Europe in this, the exclusion of women from certain bodies of knowledge, the US at that time was not similarly afflicted, which is what made the "land of the free" such an attractive prospect for women who wanted to be more than just someones wife (without having to give up the option of being someone's wife, in much of Europe, at that time, a woman needed her husbands permission to be educated or to engage in any sort of profession). In Europe, if a woman wanted to pursue her education she had to effectively crush her sexuality, femininity and maternal instinct whether she entered the convent or not. In America not so. Women were opening schools, universities and medical schools, and teaching each other, setting themselves up as equals to their men, while in Britain, women were having to prove themselves over and over and over again before they were even allowed to matriculate (and there's an irony in that word). So from America, contemporary to the time of the Secretum, we get the beginnings of excellence in female scholarship while Europe is still dragging itself out of the Reformation.

And still, the US is leading the way in gender and women's studies, everyone else is still dragging at their heels, but then it was in the US that the first ever organised political action by women for women took place. In 1649-50 the Mistress Alice Tilley, a midwife who was tried and convicted by the Massachusetts Bay Colony's Court of Assistant, was released following the submission of six petitions from 217 women from the Massachusett and Dorchester regions who had used Alice's services and found her to be "The Ablest Midwife that wee knowe in the land".

In that case it was decided that in matters relating to women (at least), women should be involved in the decision making process and their voice respected. An enlightened view at that time indeed and one that all women of the world can turn to for inspiration. In Europe women like Marie Stopes had to go to the British Museum to learn about sex, and a generation before Anne Besant had been imprisoned for publishing a book on the birds and the bees (from an American, though male author, Charles Knowles I think) and lost custody of her children to boot.

In short, while Europe placed it's women on pedestals, objectified and metaphorically chained to a single idealised and objectified archetype, in the US they were much freer, offering a greater diversity of role models to inspire the next generation.

Eliza Gamble Burt is one of my favourite early authors on the subject of gender, and her astute observations lend light to the ignorance of those elite white males who's homo-hegemonic predispositions wholly distorted our understanding of our own social and cultural evolution, effectively severing us from our environment through our own conceited ignorance of evolutionary superiority, leading to the widespread destruction and over-exploitation of that which should sustain us.

Also on the internet.

www.authorama.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

You can put all the information in the world on the internet, but without a brain willing to engage critically with it, it's just...

edit on 22-9-2018 by KilgoreTrout because: gah

new topics

top topics

join