It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What worries you most these days?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
My son was born Sept 14'th at 2:57 AM, that narrowed a lot of my fears down to the hate and looming instability inside the US.

Couple that with the inevitable economic problems (since neither party in congress wants to do its job) my son faces an uncertain future and that scares me more than anything else.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
My son going to war and not coming back.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: JAGStorm

The only thing I worry about is my wife dying before me. If we could go together that would be perfect.

What I can control is taken care of, everything else is beyond my control, so why worry about it?

I worry about hubby too, we are at the age that we check to see if the other is breathing.

I don't want to leave my children.
I do worry about emp attack too, or chemical warfare.
I worry about people suffering,

I worry about falling, like a child, I fall a lot.

And I worry about dementia.

Aging is a real trip.

link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

that is major

link   

Dr. James Gates Jr. hypothesis that strings of bits of ones and zeros can be found when we dig as deep as we can go into our reality.......

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
My son was born Sept 14'th at 2:57 AM, that narrowed a lot of my fears down to the hate and looming instability inside the US.

Couple that with the inevitable economic problems (since neither party in congress wants to do its job) my son faces an uncertain future and that scares me more than anything else.

Out of all the answers in this thread your answer struck a chord in my heart. My only advice is let go and live.

As per the OP, a family member being murdered is my greatest fear.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I'm not worried about anything. I'm living the dream just one day at a time.

Even ATS isn't enough to bring me down.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

that is major

He’s just joined the army

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Come on............ you all know me...

I suppose running out of PEZ refills... PEZ

The cares of the world are not going to keep me on the edge of my seat ever again.
They have always been false flags in the past. I've lived a long life, I would like to see my maker and experience the Splendor of the afterlife.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Bills!!!

Every time you think you've caught a breath of fresh air and finally gotten on top it... you get goddamn bombarded from every direction!

Its relentless.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I really don't worry about to much. Probably why I am in almost perfect health at 53.
Worrying is useless. What happens , happens. Just live your life.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Bills!!!

Every time you think you've caught a breath of fresh air and finally gotten on top it... you get goddamn bombarded from every direction!

Its relentless.
Seems everything I own has or is breaking down this year. Washing machine, lawnmower twice, chainsaw, and on and on. Ready for 2019 to see if it will be better than 2018.

$500 for a new washer and $4000 for a new lawn mower just for starters.
edit on 20-9-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Congratulations to you!

It is amazing how your life flips upside down once you have kids. New fears you never had before surface.
I find that is when a lot of people start caring about the environment and our food a lot more.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
For me right now is paying the rent/bills. Me and the misses shared a vehicle and now it just broke, so no job anymore for me until I figure out how to get it fixed. Fun stuff. Hard to worry about war and other things when the "street" is right around the corner.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
What worries me sometimes is water disappearing, I have had a few dreams about that. I am sure aliens could do that to wipe us out but I am sure there is a easier way if they wanted to.

Also EMP's, if the Sun makes a powerful one or a nuke at high altitude we are screwed...

I guess there is other stuff but that is it for now.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

that is major

He’s just joined the army

OH wow, lets hope the nations get along.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I worry of the planets and odd objects in our sky,and old prophesy,if they are right we only have a few more years,sad but may be true,sure to devastate our planet

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I am very concerned about putting billions upon billions of tons of trash in the earth and heaping it up until it becomes a trash mountain with a layer of dirt over it.
This is happening in practically every other county and many times every county in the USA.

Every trash mountain that is constructed will be an expensive maintenance issue from now on.

Left abandoned on its own, erosion will take its toll and wash the soil away exposing trash and washing stench and rot down into the creeks.

I know we have to have a place to place trash and I'm happy to have a place every Saturday to take mine.
It goes strait out to our local trash mountain and gets buried on some of the finest hunting land there ever was. Now this once glorious land stench's for miles.

What I'd like to see in the future is for every dump truck load of trash that gets brought to a landfill, that it gets burned into non existence even before the truck gets out of site that dumped it.
Leaving only ashes to deal with.

I have cut my own trash nearly in half by burning all paper and card board. I'd bet there's a law against it and that wouldn't surprise in the least.

edit on 20-9-2018 by Trucker1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The replacement of journalism with propaganda worries me most. We are now fed disinformation 24/7 on every topic from the weather to politics....I used to be a news junkie 9-10 years ago---now I don't believe anything that comes from the mainstream media and I never will again. Worse yet, the purpose of the propaganda is to divide us by race, sex, age, intelligence---you name it, the puppet masters want to divide and conquer, rather than face a well-informed public who demands justice for all---especially the political criminals and propagandists.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join