It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Horror Story Season 8 - Apocalypse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
So who has been watching? The first episode was pretty good, I had to watch it 2x to really get a good understanding of the characters but I was a little disappointed I didn't find anything "good" that I had missed the first time around, so it wasn't real complex, unless I'm missing something so far.

The second episode was better and much more mysterious. I have to say that in this whole show series there are many times I have to minimize the screen and turn the sound down as I don't like to see some of the stuff or have it on-screen, and this season is no exception, especially in episode 2. I can't see how this could be on a network show like Fox or FX (IDK what it is on really) or if I'm seeing something that is a different version that isn't aired on the "normal" network. I know cable networks don't have the same FCC regs as those that broadcast over the air, but still I would think this is more in the realm of HBO, Showtime, etc with how intense it gets sometime.

Spoiler alert

The very last scene of the episode when the person gets shot was very revealing and I'm wondering where they are going to go with this. Any speculation about this? Is she the only one?

Also that thing in the suite (on the ceiling) what the heck is that? Is it real, imagined, etc?

Also, the bowl of soup that came back to life - any speculation about that?

Do you think there really was an attack or apocalypse or is something else happening here where that was just an excuse to get the people into this place?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I'm an AHS fan, and yeah, it's pretty intense at times for a basic cable show. This season so far...eh. It's only two episodes in, so I'm going to reserve total critical opinion for the moment. The thing on the ceiling is (I think) a reference to the leather demon in the "Hotel" season. Pretty sure I read somewhere that this current season is going to cross-reference with some of the previous seasons. Cheers!

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
So far only watched episode one. I think the character development is weak with the exception of Sarah Paulson and Kathy Bates secretly being power hungry freaks that are killing and torturing at will and making the others think that they are only abiding by the rules.

I have a feeling that is going to be the axis on which this series spins.

More than likely all characters (even in places we haven't seen yet) are having the same issue. I also supposed that maybe the guy with the horses at the end isn't really there to pick anyone up new and take them to a "better place" but is actually a serial killer himself and has murdered the others in some sick quest to destroy humanity. Or something like that.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

I haven't gotten to Ep. 2 yet but the first was interesting. I've come to learn that with AHS, if the first episode intrigues you, the rest of the season will. I've seen 4 seasons, this will be the fifth, but I've tried to watch them all but a few didn't pass the grade.

I didn't even know it was starting, I searched something on my satellite and saw that AHS: Apocalypse was the top search so I watched the first episode on Demand. They dropped the f-bomb a lot which isn't normal for FX so I didn't know if it was normal for this season or just the commercial free Demand episode I watched.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

I figured that guy was either Satan or one of his henchmen.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

How can character development be weak after the first episode.
By definition there has been no character development yet

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

How can character development be weak after the first episode.
By definition there has been no character development yet

I can say it because it was weak. The easy way to look at this is which character can the audience identify with? Sure they are setting up the characters that need to be disliked (practically everyone) and liked (the young couple) - but in my opinion none of them have been all that interesting to the plot.

I think this was meant on purpose as it is the end of the world and anyones character would sort of be forced to float on the ocean of that but there were many places where they could have made the "bad" characters quite a bit more complex than they already have.

For instance, it was not necessary to make the billionaires daughter so sociopathic in the scene where her bf was left behind. She had no choice anyway so it would have made much more sense to let her have some humanity if only to trick the audience later.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

I figured that guy was either Satan or one of his henchmen.

That is a definitely good thought in his regard. Thanks because that hadn't came to me yet.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Whatever the season or the rubberman is about, i bet it will not make any sense, still gonna watch.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Just the amount of creepy I like in a show like AHS.
Oh yea and Coven has down right messed up!
edit on 20-9-2018 by watchandwait410 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

cool.
it was weak

still has been no character development yet

thats my point

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I watched the 2nd episode today. Interesting, to say the least. I am left wondering, and looking forward to episode 3! Hope it doesn't get stupid, like it can.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   

So far so good. I am a little disappointed I thought that it was going to be a mash up of previous seasons. So far we have the gimp suit. But as for as your questions. When Kathy bates got shot I was thrown off. Is she some kinda of robot who didn’t know she was one? Which also leads to the question are there any other robot type things.

The soup was odd. As far as if it was really an attack, I hadn’t thought of that angle. I would assume so with the shots of the outside word as well as the horse when the pretty boy showed up.

But it’s still early and normally ( except for roanoke) it’s a hell of a ride. Looking forward to seeing what comes next.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
the rubberman is a throw back to season 1 Murder House.

*spoilers*

Tate Langdon donned the suit in that season as a ghost, murdering folks.

Michael Langdon in the new season is supposed to be his offspring after raping the mother from season 1. So a child half of the spirit realm half of the earthly realm. Was said to be the upcoming anti-christ. So I'm assuming that's what Michael Langdon is supposed to be, the Anti-Christ who probably started the "Apocalypse."

As for the soup coming back to life, Michael I would assume has supernatural powers so that could have been something he did. As for Kathy Bates, I have no clue. She seems to be half natural, maybe transhumanism? I dunno, be she did not seem happy about getting shot and having her insides (prosthetic?)exposed and damaged. I assume she doesn't have the necessary supplies at the compound to fix herself. So I guess we'll see what happens.

I just want Paulson and Bates to be put in their place for instituting the ridiculous no fornication rule. And to still be trying to sentence people to death for it even when the leader of the organization is there with the knowledge of what their doing, telling them it's not within the rules, yadda yadda. Just put those two old controlling bats in their place already. sheesh. lol
edit on 21-9-2018 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

Maybe they are both AI (paulson and bates) and they instituted the rule so that humans wouldn't spread again?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
This is on netflix already?

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

I watched the 2nd episode today. Interesting, to say the least. I am left wondering, and looking forward to episode 3! Hope it doesn't get stupid, like it can.

opposite for me

i am sure i will watch the rest eventually but after 2 episodes i am really just not interested at all.

seems super lame

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
It's a pretty messed up season alright.....

SPOILERS****************************

OK, so we know Langdon is certainly the antichrist. He seems to have no love for humanity of course, probably only arriving there just to take out the outposts one by one, personally.

Since they survived his Armageddon. I seriously doubt any previous ones were overrun. He simply took them out. There is no "sanctuary". He used magic for the apples. (and before, the snakes in the soup). He's simply toying with them.

So, he had fun getting Paulson to kill all the other humans. Knowing that his robot former nanny would actually kill Paulson in the end, anyhow.

But, the wrinkle....is that obviously some witches survived the Apocalypse too. They've obviously been tracking Langdon, and found the dead witches, so brought them back. One of them, (Fisher's daughter) is obviously the counterpart to Langdon's evil (i.e. Jesus like)...as even without knowledge of her power, she was able to hold him off... But no match for the poison.

No matter though, since the other witches raised her, the gay guy (who will undoubtedly be related to Michael and the guy in the rubber suit), and the other witches.

Interesting to see where it goes, but sometimes, this show just gets too weird, even for it's own sake.

join