It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An oddity tower.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
There is a tower some distance from me. It has always seemed shorter- but I figure it was down a hill or something. To the right, a 'regular' tower. It's high, it has red lights, It's your run of the mill transmission thing. The tv tower is to the far right, and not in my field of view, and isn't being discussed

This past week, the light has been flashing white- and also flashing red. Looks just like the flash on a camera- where it turns orange/ red, and then, the flash goes off, but not as bright- and it doesn't strobe like a flash. The light has been brighter/ and I swear, it looks *closer*. I also have this problem, where I have gone on a search to find it- and simply can't. I go towards what *should* be a downhill, and well... no such critter. I cannot see it if I move 40 feet left or right. In fact, it's just plain *gone*, and I'm left guessing where the hell to look. I tried using Google maps, satellite view, street view- Nothing. Not so much as a damn tower anywhere in the line of sight I draw at up to 3 miles. I figure after that, Trees and simply distance would be a factor- not that there's anything anyways.

Would anyone know what a short tower with a bright red/ white light that flashes regularly be? And why in the hell it's so hard to track down as a curiosity, yet? As an aside- no military bases, nothing of any importance (except Wal Mart behind us. Yay).

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Can you get a decent picture of it? I wouldn't know what it is, but someone probably would.
edit on 9/20/2018 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Very confused as to what you are saying but interested. Are you saying that when you walk towards the tower, the light disappears and that you can't see it from other locations? If you move 1/2 mile parallel to the light (if the bisecting line formed a 90 degree angle) would you still be able to see it?

Is the light on every night?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Can you get a decent picture of it? I wouldn't know what it is, but someone probably would.

I've been trying. Getting the camera to do its thing when the light is on is a pain in the rear, going to try video tonight. I think my timing is just crappy enough to miss.

Also odd- when I have the thing in the viewfinder, white light, red light, it looks exactly like an IR emission (like from a tv remote).

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
Very confused as to what you are saying but interested. Are you saying that when you walk towards the tower, the light disappears and that you can't see it from other locations? If you move 1/2 mile parallel to the light (if the bisecting line formed a 90 degree angle) would you still be able to see it?

Is the light on every night?

I didn't see it last night, so we'll see tonight if it is.

And yeah. Forget a half mile. It goes away if I shuffle the wrong direction. I chalked it up to a tree in the way, but when I got close enough that the tree wasn't an issue- no light. Left, right, down the next street, sideways, up the road. Wife suggested a decorative garden light- but what nut mounts a light high up in the air? All the decorative lighting I see is like 2-3 feet tops off the ground.

Are you saying that when you walk towards the tower

Well, I'm *guessing* it's a tower. So far, finding the actual thing has been almost impossible. I can find the other one, and know where it is. This thing... not so much.
edit on 20-9-2018 by wylekat because: Left out a thing

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

... This past week, the light has been flashing white- and also flashing red. Looks just like the flash on a camera- where it turns orange/ red, and then, the flash goes off, but not as bright- and it doesn't strobe like a flash. ... Would anyone know what a short tower with a bright red/ white light that flashes regularly be? And why in the hell it's so hard to track down as a curiosity, yet? As an aside- no military bases, nothing of any importance (except Wal Mart behind us. Yay).

This link might be of some help to you ...

Or maybe this one ...
:

edit on 2018 9 20 by incoserv because: added info.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Are you by a broadcast company...Local news

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

After I film this thing, the search is going to be on to nail it down. I know there was a flashing white light that has been off in the distance, but I figured it was just a transmission tower. What I thought was odd was well- it was white. It was "Huh. Weird" and life went on.

What are the chances they upgraded the bulbs to the point it looks that bright now? The thing looks downright directional.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
Are you by a broadcast company...Local news

I am right next door to a tv station. High winds now make me nervous. ;P

But- it's to the immediate right of us, like say the 3 O clock position. This thing is at 12 ish.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

weird. could it be an accessory antenna from the station? that is used in times of poor reception

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Do you have a ladder you can use? Maybe get up on your roof or a ladder on the roof (feeling lucky??). Other option is to find a long pole, get some duct tape, and tape your phone onto the pole and stick it up in the air and record the video of it.

Maybe find someone who has a drone that can come out and point the camera at the light and then have it fly straight up. then look at the video and then fly towards it after analysis.

Also, could it be a reflection off of something? Possibly a reflection of a reflection even?
edit on 9 20 2018 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
a reply to: wylekat

weird. could it be an accessory antenna from the station? that is used in times of poor reception

You'd think I could find it on a walk, tho.
Or a google search. That's the part that has me up a wall. Big, bright light, and nothing attached to it.

Tho a recent post has me wondering if the thing isn't miles away, and the lighting's been upgraded to obnoxious levels.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
Do you have a ladder you can use? Maybe get up on your roof or a ladder on the roof (feeling lucky??). Other option is to find a long pole, get some duct tape, and tape your phone onto the pole and stick it up in the air and record the video of it.

Maybe find someone who has a drone that can come out and point the camera at the light and then have it fly straight up. then look at the video and then fly towards it after analysis.

Also, could it be a reflection off of something? Possibly a reflection of a reflection even?

I don't feel that lucky, and I wish I knew someone who had a drone. All I got is a cheesy little affair that blows away when you sneeze. It'd have to be a long, *long* pole. What I wish I had was binoculars. Nice, strong ones.

As for a reflection.. the sun is slowly creeping behind the house during the day, so a reflection would have the sun almost blinding in the windows.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat>>>> No too far from me there's a farm, I'm thinking a pig farm, that has a run of the mill grain silo. For corn, the place is surrounded by acres and acres of corn fields. But on that silo are about a half dozen satellite antennas and radio dishes. I used to think that maybe they rent it out as a cell phone tower. But other actual cell phone towers are straight with no dishes. So maybe he's a TV junkie. But I get this feeling that its a front for the government or maybe a weekend getaway for some high income big wig. Of which there are some large farms very near to it that have been sold to NYers as weekend retreats. I call it " The Enclave." They give me a bad vibe, honestly.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl

That would make me jittery, too. I wonder if the corn is real. No, seriously.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Well, I have video- or what is going to have to pass for video. I have noticed that the light *is* directional. Which is weird. It's aimed almost directly at kid's window.

Now, to get the thing off the phone and onto Youtube. This is gonna be... fun. :/

top topics

join