It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expected Patriot Sale Panics Pakistan

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Ok, now this is interesting. Why would we sell the Patriot Missile system to India?

Is it to piss off Mushariff or to possibly force him from office by giving India the upper hand in the nuclear arms fight between these two countries?

India, over the past few decades purchased military weapons from the Russians or the Chinese and now we are going to sell one of the most advanced weapon systems to arm itself against a friend and ally on the WOT.

This could be the turning point in US / Pakistan relations and the hunt for OBL.

I think we, the US knows the Pakisanies are harbouring OBL, protecting him and we are calling the bluff by selling the Patriot system to India.

Look for Pakistan to hand over OBL and or top AQ leaders soon to keep India from getting the Patriot.

February 21, 2005
By Anwar Iqbal
UPI South Asian Affairs Analyst
World Peace Herald

WASHINGTON -- Pakistan is expected to take up with the U.S. administration the expected sale of Patriot missile defense system to India, diplomatic sources told United Press International Monday.

A U.S. defense team began briefing Indian officials in New Delhi Monday on the Patriot missiles. In Washington's diplomatic circles the visit is seen as a prelude to the sale of the advanced capability anti-ballistic missiles to India.

www.wpherald.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Reasons
1. Money talks - and India has/will soon have more of them than Pakistan.
2. India could be usefull ally against China in the future (much more than Pakistan)
3. Pakistan are muslims. (yes they are allies now, but remeber they also burned US embassy in the 80ties)

Conclusion: Expect much more US military sales&investments to the India in the future.

[edit on 23-2-2005 by longbow]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Who needs 'em! It's apparent that they are harboring terrorists and protecting them within their own borders. Recent news reports indicate that the Pakistanis are now permitted to fire upon (NOT warning shots) American troops that breech their borders while in hot pursuit of terrorists. If they cannot watch out for our best interests then why should we watch out for theirs!?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
the Paksitan US dilemma is quite complex...
India HAS MUCH more money than Pakistan
THe US only took Pakistan on as an all fro two reasons:

1. To stop soviet invasion into central asia if afghanistan fell
2. To balance out the Indo-soviet ties..

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Why not?

They aint the only people were selling Patriot Missil;es to.

We sold em to Saudi Arabia. We also once sold Patriots old predecessor, the Hawk, to Iran.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
[India, over the past few decades purchased military weapons from the Russians or the Chinese and now we are going to sell one of the most advanced weapon systems to arm itself against a friend and ally on the WOT. ]

plz correct you refrence that india is not buyer of chines military product it is pakistan.

and pakistan is always act like child he never grow since separtion from india

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Money money money..... I think time will come when US will dump pakistan. US requires strong presence in South east asia. Now afghanistan in hands of US, US cares less abt pakistan.

Its known to world that pakistan harbors terrorist but just US wants their help to find OBL, they ignored all other bad activities of pakistan.

India will acquire missile defence system. If US won't sell Patriot Missile system to india then India will look either Russia or Israel (Arrow is better than Patriot )

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by longbow
Reasons
1. Money talks - and India has/will soon have more of them than Pakistan.

the US should just change the stars and stripes into a bar code
since its more of a corporation now

Originally posted by longbow
3. Pakistan are muslims. (yes they are allies now, but remeber they also burned US embassy in the 80ties)

very right you cant trust muslims

apc

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The US gov has plans for pakistan.. it has plans for india.. it has plans for china, korea, iran... whatever, whoever. The variables have been calculated, the courses plotted. Deviance from expected outcomes will be low. The intended synthesis will succeed, as usual. Can't wait until someone forgets to carry a 1

Btw, if given a choice between trusting a common day muslim and an orthodox christian, I'll stand by the muslim ANY day.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Muslims are not untrustworthy ..
See Mirza is a muslim but he is from India and its pretty eveidnet he detestes Pakistan..
Infact India has the second largest muslim population in the WORLD after Indonesia..I bet many didn't know that..
And where did orthodox christian come from?? !!

And btw ALL countrise are plotting "courses" wrt other countries..
Its called foreign policy!!

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I wonder what they would say on the forums of Pakistanidefense.com, probably something like " you indians can give those patriots a nice local pantjob to make it look like Indian technology, just like that russian BRAHMOS"

Too bad we don't have much Pakistani here on the board to give their version of the story , would make for most amusiing threads.....

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   
hehe...there was one paki guy..i forgot his nick..but there's enough of amusement on ATS anyways..so its okay.!!

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
read all sections in www.armyinkashmir.com

pkaistan is a military dictatorship that sponsors terrorism, proliferates nukes.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
To be honest, a lot of Countries sponsor 'terrorism' or have done in the passed. Pakistan's just one of many that does it and like America, it'll come back and bite it one day.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
True True... India initially backed/ formed the LTTE and then withdrew support which then caused the LTTE to go assasinate indian PM Rajiv Gandhi

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Isnt the US Patriot missile system a load of s**t anyway!
Are these not the same missiles that were supposed to be bringing down the scuds heading for Tel Aviv durin the Gulf 1?

I remember reading several sources saying that the claimed number of scuds shot down compared to the real number brought down was very different.

If this is true then isnt America just unloading a bunch of missiles that dont work very well???

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
When read those "panic" this and "trembling" that stories, i get picture of wimen and children purposely running around and screaming in the kasbah

[edit on 5-3-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Woman:"Ahh....the Patriot Missile System is coming!" as she runs off into the distance.

It's a shame India are foolish enough to look at a system that 'does not work', it has failed so many tests both real and staged. Only thing it did do, is shoot down a plane...allied plane.

They'll go with the Russia system or they might as well invite China, Pakistan, etc, to fly planes over their air space.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   

It's a shame India are foolish enough to look at a system that 'does not work', it has failed so many tests both real and staged. Only thing it did do, is shoot down a plane...allied plane.

Beatifully written.

Like i said in my post above, the US are mearly offloading a pile of missiles that dont work! I think Pakistan will be extremly grateful to the US for wasting Indian money and making sure that if they ever fire missiles at India, they'll defnitly hit their target!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   

He's even nice enough to give a 'round of applause' to India for doing it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join