It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do not click on this thread unless you want to be Rick-Rolled

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Do not click on this unless you want to hear Rick Astley

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

Dont know why I never got in to him. Love 80s music. As I graduated in 89. I was into Depche Mode, Erasure, U2, Ministry, Madonna, Simple Minds, the Cure, Information Society, and many more.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Wow! Who'd a thunk it? He really can sing. A great shame it took him so long but, I like it.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Wow! Who'd a thunk it? He really can sing. A great shame it took him so long but, I like it.

True that. The video is only 4 days old.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

That's what surprised me. I'm glad to see he reinvented himself. To be fair to Rick, back in the day all his songs were written by some UK hit makers and when he was asked about his big hit, he described it as "a bit naff." He always seemed like a down to earth guy though, I couldn't imagine him blowing his fortune of fast women and fast drugs.

I wish him all the best.

ETA This is from 2 years ago, also easy on the ears.

edit on 17/9/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I was hesitant to click on this thread cause I don't want to get rolled, again. Glad I did though, wasn't half bad.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Dont know why I never got in to him. Love 80s music. As I graduated in 89. I was into Depche Mode, Erasure, U2, Ministry, Madonna, Simple Minds, the Cure, Information Society, and many more.

Madonna, thousands are still waiting on their bj's lmao, but I'm sure she will get to them eventually. Smdh.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy

Do not click on this unless you want to hear Rick Astley

Holy crap man!
That is simply pure gold for the ears. Thank you for sharing this gem.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth

originally posted by: kurthall

Madonna, thousands are still waiting on their bj's lmao, but I'm sure she will get to them eventually. Smdh.
Is there a line somewhere?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Starred and flagged just out of respect for your clearly posted warnings if nothing else, but, I am pleasantly surprised that my curiosity was rewarded with the knowledge that Rick Astley is not only still releasing albums, but that his voice and talent has aged very well. Thanks for posting.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I'm rick and I make rolls. I never heard of Rick Rolls till my daughter mentioned it back a year ago when she was at dinner eating rick rolls. Must be something from a younger generation than me.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
He have always had a strong voice, even when rick rolled. Sound of his voice was a bit too strong and deep in 80´s videos and i totally hated those, those were disgusting.
Now it fits well.

Metal is still better

edit on 18-9-2018 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I sense a christian music theme (nttatrwt). He was always background music for me usually from MTV back in the day.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

top topics

join