It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microbes produce spherical sand grains on Mars.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

They are not hollow. No aliens in Earth ooids. Martian microbes were in Martian ooids.

Original post has a link to an article. Its Figure 10 marks many nuclei of ooids.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FossilLin

Sorry I didn't see the nuclei of ooids, didn't see the genetic/DNA material

I will have a look again, do you have better evidence?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Nucleus of ooids has nothing to do with DNA.
However, DNA is in modern ooids, because modern ooids contain numerous various organic matter, including various species of cyanobacteria (in different ooids), remains of other organisms.
Ooids are dwellings built by microbes. Microbes lived in ooids. Microbes stored food in ooids. Ooids do contain inorganic matter.

Images of nucleus in ooid: www.quekett.org...
the second photo in phys.org...
www.trowerlab.com...

edit on 20-9-2018 by FossilLin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Quote from the third paragraph in phys.org...

"Co-researcher Dr Bob Burne from ANU said the new study found that ooids were made of concentric layers of mineralised microbes, debunking the popular 'snowball theory' that ooids were formed by grains rolling on the seafloor and accumulating layers of sediment."
Note the news story was published in 2018.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   

So grains rolling on the seafood gain mass, ahem

We disagree, sorry

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   

"So grains rolling on the seafood gain mass, ahem

We disagree, sorry"

I said ooids were made by microbes, not by rolling on the sea floors.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
We pretty much had this info in ALH84001. Found in 1984 they did not analyze it until 1996.
Just bringing it up outside of that research is problematic for me, because some very important scientists almost had fist fights over it. The way things are today, the new tech will get the credit.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

You said it excellently. I also found ooids in meteorite ALH84001. Dr. David McKay did not call them ooids. He called them carbonate globules. They are the same thing. In 1996, no one was sure that microbes made the carbonate globules (ooids). Now new technology shows ooids are made by microbes. So, meteorite ALH84001 did contain ooids, which are signs of past Martian life. Scientists are afraid to take another look at the meteorite, because many TOP scientists are afraid to lose the debates.

edit on 20-9-2018 by FossilLin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: FossilLin

You said it excellently. I also found ooids in meteorite ALH84001. Dr. David McKay did not call them ooids. He called them carbonate globules. They are the same thing. In 1996, no one was sure that microbes made the carbonate globules (ooids). Now new technology shows ooids are made by microbes. So, meteorite ALH84001 did contain ooids, which are signs of past Martian life. Scientists are afraid to take another look at the meteorite, because many TOP scientists are afraid to lose the debates.

A real top scientist has to have an open enough mind to debate it objectively.
Did you actually get to do research on that piece?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I am calling confirmation bias
Pretty good if you want grant moneys

It floats well on a conspiracy site

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

"So grains rolling on the seafood gain mass, ahem

We disagree, sorry"

I said ooids were made by microbes, not by rolling on the sea floors.

Concentric layers can be made by annual flooding and mineral deposits in the water attaching to...

whatever, aliens

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   

"A real top scientist has to have an open enough mind to debate it objectively.
Did you actually get to do research on that piece?"
I wrote an article about ooids found on Mars: www.omicsonline.org...

By the way, I don't like debates, because debates produce bad feelings.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Hear that, but if those you debate are professional, egoless and people concious, the world would be a better place for sure.
That is great about your article! I am downloading the pdf now, but it is taking a long time. Cannot wait to read it, thanks!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join