It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metaphysical hacks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damla
For now, i dont believe ether doesnt distinguish good intention and bad intention. Thank you, i like remembering my life incidents.

You are using ether in another context, i.e. where everything is recorded, karmic consequence, etc.

Given your avatar, I should have been careful in using the word "Ether" loosely. Forget I used it. Think astral or mental dimension instead

edit on 16-9-2018 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: crowdedskies

I dont know, you need to talk this with vatican maybe.I have no idea. the guy even talked about some business with them that he put to sleep for now.. I havent seen such mad talk all my life.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I used it only because it isnt the first time i heard it. But ok.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I dont know much of magic, but I do totally understand what you are saying. Indeed, I seem to have a knack for it. If the "law of attraction" or ESP is considered magic then I might as well be a wizard. That being said I have become curious about how I can learn more about this and am myself extremely curious as to how much magic or "strong-will" may be a factor in my journeys. Good intentions and following your heart works well for me.

Thank you for sharing.

-Driver

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Z32Driver

I dont know much of magic, but I do totally understand what you are saying. Indeed, I seem to have a knack for it. If the "law of attraction" or ESP is considered magic then I might as well be a wizard. That being said I have become curious about how I can learn more about this and am myself extremely curious as to how much magic or "strong-will" may be a factor in my journeys. Good intentions and following your heart works well for me.

Thank you for sharing.

-Driver

Thanks for contributing .

I have deliberately used the word "hack" rather than Law of attraction or ESP . Just like those Youtube videos showing how to hack your cell phone and discover unknown features, I want to present magic as no more than a tweaking of the planes and energies.

What books on magic do not tell you is that there is a prerequisite before you start to delve into it. The prerequisite is that you must have already noticed that you are different and have already tried little tricks that you are good at. Different people have different strengths and different talents.

Therefore approaching magic with a cheeky attitude and a little bit of mischief (not to mention a bag of salt) is not a bad way to start. If your heart is in the right place , you will not get lost.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Science Is The Root Of All Evils TODAY for those who View it as a Religion.............

Signed - Joe the Hobo behind a Walmart going through the Dumpsters........

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Science Is The Root Of All Evils TODAY for those who View it as a Religion.............

Signed - Joe the Hobo behind a Walmart going through the Dumpsters........

I could not have put it better.

In every respect it is....and that is due to its one-sidedness.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

" Science Must Always be Challenged and Judged when it comes to it's Applications and Overall Benefits to Humanity "

Signed - Joe the Hobo's Friend Milton , behind a Walmart , going through the Dumpsters
edit on 17-9-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: crowdedskies
At the end of the day, material progress is purely a battle of wills; one man's win is another man's loss.

Materialism is a waste of time and potential. Actually, it's worse:

Materialism—A Deadly Philosophy (1965)

The materialistic philosophy embraced by godless communism, namely, that ‘the highest values of living lie in material well-being and in the furtherance of material progress,’* [*: Webster’s Third New International Dictionary.] is as closely adhered to in Christendom as it is in Communist lands. Observed a news commentator in U.S. News & World Report (October 19, 1959): “America stands self-hypnotized hugging the Communist philosophy of life with all the zip and gusto of a parvenu nation. . . . America, in clear violation of her own past traditions and the beliefs of her Founding Fathers, has today accepted this deadly philosophy in toto.” Not only is this materialistic outlook prevalent in America; it is characteristic of much of the world.

edit on 18-9-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

At the end of the day, material progress is purely a battle of wills; one man's win is another man's loss.

Do not denigrate materialism. It can mean many things to many people.

For some , it is just having a roof on their head and working towards that goal. For others it is a need to be materially successful so as to give back. Of course, there are those who seek riches just for the sake of it.

Even the greedy self-made entrepreneur , who ends up with a business that employs 10,000 people , is indirectly doing some good.

We were born in a material world for a reason. If we cannot reconcile good deeds with materiality then we might as well retire from the world and live as a hermit on water and roots.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

Do not denigrate materialism. It can mean many things to many people.

One of the reasons I quoted the dictionary on which usage or meaning I was using. As it relates to what you said about "material progress":

The materialistic philosophy embraced by godless communism, namely, that ‘the highest values of living lie in material well-being and in the furtherance of material progress,’* [*: Webster’s Third New International Dictionary.] ...
Not only is this materialistic outlook prevalent in America; it is characteristic of much of the world.

Here's another related way of phrasing it, from another dictionary (and an article that's a bit more recent):

What Is Materialism? Awake!—2003

The Love of Money

One dictionary defines materialism as “a preoccupation with or stress upon material rather than intellectual or spiritual things.” Thus, materialism is rooted in our desires, our priorities, and our focus in life.
What is the point of these two accounts? They help us to see that an individual is materialistic, not because of how much he has, but because of putting a priority on material things. The apostle Paul stated: “Those who are determined to be rich fall into temptation and a snare and many senseless and hurtful desires, which plunge men into destruction and ruin. For the love of money is a root of all sorts of injurious things, and by reaching out for this love some have been led astray from the faith and have stabbed themselves all over with many pains.” (1 Timothy 6:9, 10) It is the determination to be rich and the love of material things that cause problems.

Self-Examination Needed

Just a reminder. No implications concerning you personally or what you said in relation to "material progress" and/or materialism whatsoever (e.g., not saying or implying that what you said about "material progress" was a materialistic philosophy or view of the matter).
edit on 19-9-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Thank you for explaining the reason you quoted from the dictionary. It was a means of establishing whether we are on the same page.

It is unfortunate that "Materialism" made its way into the modern dictionary. Any form of excess is bad and for someone to focus on the material world , at the expense of spirituality and consideration for others, is bad. So I would agree with you on that aspect. But I feel that people misuse the word "Materialism" very often.

What I am promoting is to play with universal laws to better our life whilst keeping things in perspective and in balance.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
In my limited experience, people who have obsessions are generally the most likely to be "successful" as determined by the rest of society. But it only works if they have obsessions that are worth something positive to somebody else. For instance, serial killers don't qualify, but some dude who is obsessed with pretty much anything positive (skateboarding, playing guitar, the way numbers fit together in a theorem, etc.) will benefit from the focus he puts into the project, along with those people who are entertained or employed by him.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

yes, unite the gamers.

my take on this is that. if i am worth it, you ..all of you do some magic for me. i am really unwilling after this point.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I think intense concentration allows people to enter an altered state of consciousness, and that tends to influence the reality of all the other people around them. It could also be done through other means such as fasting or the self-infliction of pain, or possibly (the easiest way) with drugs.

However, drugs are bad and people especially kids of all ages shouldn't do them.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
As I mentioned earlier, I used the word "hack" in order to get away from the usual discussion on Law of attraction. As some of you would have realised, it is about LOA but I am just trying to give it a new perspective.

An experience I had today reminds me to mention an important distinction .

Yesterday night , I was browsing youtube for some nice 70's music. Two video clips captured my attention. It was a Tony Orlando (Dawn) song and a Mikis Theodorakis song. I played those clips (only those two) repeatedly as it felt like food to my soul. This afternoon , I was walking on the high street and felt compelled to go inside a second-hand shop that sell old clothes and bric-a-bracs. My legs seemed to take me straight to a table that had a stack of old 33" LP (vinyl record). I pick up the top sleeve and it was Dawn and right underneath was the 30 Golden hits of Miki Theodorakis.

I am quite used to such things happening to me all the time.

In order to put it all into context , it is necessary to have a spiritual doctrine. That is where the Tree of Life works for me. It is a great mapping tool.

People such as Crowley and Regardie have done a lot to bring magic down to earth. For example , Crowley , in one of his works, makes allusion to a mental filing cabinet that you should use to classify and categorise your experience and log your successes. You should develop an understanding of corespondences and use that cabinet as a mapping tool. From there you can learn to assign every experience to the paths of tree Tree of Life.

Sadly, Crowley who has never killed anyone is regarded as the most evil man that ever existed. We are expected to believe that serial killers and people who commit genecide are better people than him. All this because he was an adept and could conjure up various entities of the zone girdling the earth.

So to get back to the OP, tweaking the forces underlying matter is a natural way to get started on the journey. By thinking of it as hacks , you bring the playfulness into it. With a bit of success behind you , you can then consider what doctrine to follow and how your little hacks fit in.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
In my limited experience, people who have obsessions are generally the most likely to be "successful" as determined by the rest of society. But it only works if they have obsessions that are worth something positive to somebody else. For instance, serial killers don't qualify, but some dude who is obsessed with pretty much anything positive (skateboarding, playing guitar, the way numbers fit together in a theorem, etc.) will benefit from the focus he puts into the project, along with those people who are entertained or employed by him.

You are correct ! Obsession is Passion and Passion leads to success in the matter you are passionate about.

I am , of course, talking about the good obsessions.

edit on 21-9-2018 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I think intense concentration allows people to enter an altered state of consciousness, and that tends to influence the reality of all the other people around them. It could also be done through other means such as fasting or the self-infliction of pain, or possibly (the easiest way) with drugs.

However, drugs are bad and people especially kids of all ages shouldn't do them.

A lot of occultists in the 19th century and early 20th cheated and got there quickly by using drugs. In fact, it is safe to say that most conjuration were effective because of drugs. It is a little bit harder to do when sober.
edit on 21-9-2018 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I'm getting a check next week and ATS hasn't earned not as much as even one penny from me.
Since 2009.

Before you make anymore suggestions. Give them some money. First!
edit on 21-9-2018 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   

no body alone has that much of passion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join