It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canelo beats GGG

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I dont watch a lot of boxing matches. I didnt even get to watch the Mayweather v McGregor match. But I watched wvery second of the Canelo v GGG fight tonight and I’ll never watch another boxing match, probably as long as I live.

The fact that the judges think Canelo won this fight is ridiculous. The stats indicated that Canelo landed more power punches. I refute that claim! I dont care what type of system was used to measure power punches, that system is BS. The judges are corrupt or bias or both. GGG won that fight. In my eyes, GGG won at least 8 rounds.

Im left shaking my head in disbelief. Simply obvious corruption which I imagine no one is surprised by. I wont watch another boxing match after this mindboggling “decision”.

Did anyone else see this match, and see it in Canelo’s favor??

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
I dont watch a lot of boxing matches. I didnt even get to watch the Mayweather v McGregor match. But I watched wvery second of the Canelo v GGG fight tonight and I’ll never watch another boxing match, probably as long as I live.

The fact that the judges think Canelo won this fight is ridiculous. The stats indicated that Canelo landed more power punches. I refute that claim! I dont care what type of system was used to measure power punches, that system is BS. The judges are corrupt or bias or both. GGG won that fight. In my eyes, GGG won at least 8 rounds.

Im left shaking my head in disbelief. Simply obvious corruption which I imagine no one is surprised by. I wont watch another boxing match after this mindboggling “decision”.

Boxing is dead... the “Golden Boy” can’t fix what “The King” (Don) killed...

Woohoo... a doper won a fixed match... and this is as good as it gets...

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
That's a bummer. I haven't watched a boxing match since Tyson ate human flesh. I like GGG's style. I do believe you with your assessment but judging can be a misunderstood formula. That and corruption decides winners.

I prefer UFC. At least a majority of those fighs are decided by knock outs or submissions. There may be some corruption in MMA, but you can't fix a fight if you choke your opponent out.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Yea they where gonna give another draw or decision to canelo either way for the Mexican fans. Canelo is a bigger draw for boxing. I didn't watch since the last fight was a robbery anyways.

Yea, boxing is dead and the judges are a big part of it.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I watched wvery second of the Canelo v GGG fight tonight and I’ll never watch another boxing match, probably as long as I live.

What's funny is this is exactly how I felt after the Canelo/Mayweather fight, except reverse the roles. I too vowed to never watch another boxing match.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I had Canelo winning the fight, 7 rounds to 5, including the pivitol 12th round.
The two judges that scored it for Canelo also had him winning the 12th.
The first three could have gone either way. I was rooting for GGG, but he didn't do enough to win the fight, in my opinion.
GGG decisively won the first fight. This one was closer, and it's a shame GGG has to loose all his belts on such a close fight, but it is what it is.
I would have been OK with scores that had GGG win by two rounds, Canelo by two rounds, and everything in between.
Good fight, but even if your GGG, you will never beat Canelo when you only land 6 body shots the whole fight. Canelo is just too hard to hit flush upstairs.

top topics

join