It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Android box or Firestick. how do you roll?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

i have ip vanish on my android but i do not have it on

You want to protect yourself when using Kodi regardless of the current or future state, ISPs still monitor your IP, and copyright solicitors can still acquire the IPs of users who stream or download content that is copyrighted. If you would like to stop a note in your letterbox, you want to register to get a VPN.

A VPN keeps you anonymous when you are using the internet. UK law allows ISPs to monitor, store and share your IP address along with other people, which means that what you do online may always be noticed. A VPN reroutes you, revealing another IP and which makes you untraceable.

Using a VPN is just good practice, it makes sure your information, that ought to be private, remains that way. If there is a way to keep your anonymity, you should not think twice about using it.
www.entertainmentbox.com...

If a vpn needs to be used or an 'ip vanish'...then it is probably not legal.
What do you reckon?
edit on 16-9-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

You Tube streams in 4k but if the movie or video was not shot in 4k then it's not 4k. A couple of recent releases have actually used 4k like the new Predator.

However, if the tv station or service is not broadcasting in 4k and at the moment exactly zero are then it's not 4k. No broadcast content in 4k is available at this time and it may be awhile.

It was expensive for the industry to convert from analog to digital. This was mandatory and the government helped with subsidized equipment, but there is no forthcoming help for 4k conversion.

Some markets may find it financially acceptable but both regular and the new signal would be required in order to provide service to everyone under current FCC rules. And we are at the threshold of current tech anyhow so, don't look for it soon

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'm on the firestick. Modbro is good, kodi not so. I installed Terranium TV which was by far the best for streaming films and tv shows and was also the best layout imo. Then about a week ago Terranium was shut down, then a couple of days later a "new" terranium tv was released. It looked the same but I am having real problems getting a lot of the films or it will find films but they are in a different language even though you could get them on the original Terranium, so am not sure if someone has released a new streaming app and just copied Terranium TV's layout and skin??

Getting tired of hearing "Daddy Littlefoot/Peter Rabbit are talking all strange again"

If anybody knows any better streaming apps I will reward you with 2 ATS beers

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: fenian8

Tv streams now. They have a 3 day free trial and if you like it its 25 bucks a month. But you cant go wrong with 3 free days either way.

All the good no buffering ones make you pay something.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: Allaroundyou

this is the one dude
70 bones

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_3?s=tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1537098688&sr=1-3&keywords=android+tv+bo x

you can get one on there for 35. 1 gig with a regular remote and you can buy one of those keyboards for 13 bucks.

OOOOO....That looks like fun! Thanks for the info. This bad boy is going in my bedroom......

That doesn’t sound right but I assume you get my point........Wait a second that was bad also...DAMN

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

i reckon it is legal as i understand it just like i said

your link says you should use a vpn

look man i dont want to debate it cause i dont know for sure. i said as much. as i understand it which means i could be wrong.

so use one
dont use one
i dont really care. was not really the point of the thread

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Terrarium has finished mate.
Use Show Box instead.
For channels, movies etc you don't need a android box or firestick. You just need a Smart TV with the Smart IPTV app (comes with most smart tvs app store)
Then get a good iptv provider and get them to add you Mac address or you can do it yourself.
BTW I have a Nvidia Shield, and they do offer everything you need and more

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I use Kodi on my PC, runs better than on a box, IMO. I mostly use the Placenta and Fantastic for TV and movies, then I use Planet MMA for... MMA.
edit on 16-9-2018 by Autorico because: added stuffs

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsealad

i have show box on the android as well. have not tried it yet.

when did terrarium go down? why did it go down?

bummer cause just a couple weeks ago a dude at work convinced me it was awesome which is why i bought this box

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
I use Kodi on my PC, runs better than on a box, IMO. I mostly use the Placenta and Fantastic for TV and movies, then I use Planet MMA for... MMA.

what type of content is on planet mma?

would i be able to get the new ppvs?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Yea you can get the new stuff. There was a fight night last night that I watched today.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

hey dude can you check your pm's please

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Sorry, not getting mail notification icon for some reason.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

Sorry, not getting mail notification icon for some reason.

i hit you back.
none of us are getting alerts.

that feature is down

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Just FYI you get all the ppv MMA and WWF and boxing fights live on tv streams. And they actually come in .

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Just FYI you get all the ppv MMA and WWF and boxing fights live on tv streams. And they actually come in .

how much is that one?

i went to the site and clicked pricing but nothing was there
edit on 16-9-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
what i really want is the flo grappling content.
anyone know about that?

they are locking up the jiu jitsu market. they have the exclusive for ADCC and the pan am games. they charge 20 a month and they are notorious for crappy streams.
everyone that has it or has had it that i talk to on reddit says their streams are very unreliable.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: notsure1

how much is that one?

i went to the site and clicked pricing but nothing was there

25 bucks for 30 days. Alot of times my 30 days will run out and I wont renew it for a week or so .

But you get 3 codes so you can have it on 3 tvs for 25 bucks.

But the free trial is well worth it . The app download is easy as hell too.

They even have a live chat that always online if you have questions or problems.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I dont if know anyone remembers or had "Set TV" but the tvstreams now is waht they switched too.

Set tv was the one Amazon and all the cable companies and Netfilx and Hulu all sued and got shut down.
edit on 16-9-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
so far from what i have seen with my box placenta seems to be the one with the most content.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join