It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fort Worth cop dies after gunshot wound to head

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I’ve been hesitant to post this for many reasons, but I thought I would share.
On September 13th my fire company responded to a shooting 3 blocks down. He passed away today on September 15, 2018.
I am no good at posting links or pictures so if want to read on your own you can search it.

I have stated many times before that our officers show great restraint in bad situations on scene. I would have unloaded my firearm more than once by now, I guess that’s why I drive the Firetruck instead. These guys are amazing at what they do, and are beaten up by the very people they work so hard for. Some even give their life.

The way I was told, they were tailing suspects that may be involved in a group of black men targeting Hispanic bars. These bars are run down dives. You may wonder why them like I did. Hispanics in our area do a lot of construction and work in cash. These people figured out they are notorious for having wads of cash and started hitting the Mexican clubs.
As they were following them undercover the group stopped and held up the bar by our fire station. As they tried to arrest them the gunfight started. (From what I heard). The officer was hit in the head and the shooter went down dead right there by the other officers on scene.

Now to the really disheartening part... This cop killers father went to social media claiming his son was murdered by the police, and said “I need yalls prayers. My son was killed by the cops, they shot first and he shot back hitting one in the head. That cop in the hospital right now, y’all know what to pray for.. (fist emoji)”
So this man is hurting, I get it. Zero responsibility, or total lack of sympathy I do not. That is what is being perpetuated by the victim game we have all seen in news and being promoted in the Hood. It’s sad and it sucks. I have made many shootings trying to save someone while being yelled at by the locals.
Washing the scene down was kinda odd. Watching the blood from both come together and go down the drain.

Prayers for this father and husband who paid the ultimate price. As for the other, well..

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

abcnews.go.com...

it sucks and i am not clowning but this kind of things happen right?
sometimes cops get killed.

sorry dude. might be rough on you cause it is close to home

not trying to come off as callous man. i know i am but i dont mean anything by it.

just saying this this reads as some line of duty # that went the wrong way for the cop.

in a perfect world no cop would get shot in the head ever

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Yep.....I'm a combat commander.....I do it differently and there are no protocos that allow that these days....mainly the lack of common Sense or apostasy....right out Scripture

The lack of respect for the seasoned leaders is the problem....it takes street smarts to interrupt the Latinos....God love em.....it's not them being drunk....it's the paradigm....it's the modern model....

I carry an XDM in 45 and my long time bear gun......44 Mag SW 6 inch with a red dot and Garrett Hammerheads

Clear out the surrounding alley and parking areas......light up the entry....video the groups.....they are local.....

Then make friends with them.......when trouble visits on foot or in cars......have a way to identify the invasion by randoms.....

Yo habla mucho Espanol....comprende Todo.....

edit on 15-9-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It's a thankless job and LEOs have my respect for the most part. The media always runs with the exceptions that gets people riled up, but overall I think officers show amazing restraint and tolerance for the bad behavior they encounter.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I have been watching this on local news but had not seen this today. My heart sank when I saw your title.

Prayers for his family as well as PD family.

Sympathies for the man who lost his son, but shame for trying to politicize the death.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

One more fun item.....the gangs have one leader....and they're not real smarti

And have an 18 volt cordless drill....not an impact driver....with a drill bit about 3/16 or smaller....can't say what for

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

One more fun item.....the gangs have one leader....and they're not real smarti

And have an 18 volt cordless drill....not an impact driver....with a drill bit about 3/16 or smaller....can't say what for

Good lord man! You are playing a different game than I am. Lol
Sounds like you’ve been in the trenches yourself. 18 years on here and still learning. For “the most part” we enjoy a different report in the Hood than the Police are given. Not always (Katrina evac’s were the worst), but I’ve had several toddlers screaming bloody murder with a death grip on their parents, only to hear “that’s the firemans they ain’t taken daddy no wer”. Sad they have that outlook on the police.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I’m not going to post this cop killers fathers social media post on here but they are being put out there.
The comments are all about this good kid who was a victim of the restraints put on him by the white man, he is a hero, good kid went down fighting, be proud he fought back, that pig just died prayers answered, and pictures of the dad with White Lives Don’t Matter, and a F* the Police shirt on (from before the shooting).
Also a send donations to the family post, a don’t forget it’s Friday promo for his chicken joint, and another call for money for his kids he left behind. It goes on and on with the most horrible stuff you can imagine being said. They are showing all their cards with no hope for an entire area of people.
God help us all.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Thanks for posting the link.
And you are right, this does happen, fireman die, mechanic’s die, farmers die, artist die, car wrecks, illness, everybody dies. But words of, well it happens are not comforting. I get you are being a realist, but it doesn’t help or win people over. I think if we sat down and shot the poop, we would get along just fine. Sometimes words are taken out of context

edit on 15-9-2018 by TexasTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
My respects to the officer and sympathies to his family.
What galls me is the number of people on social media who think this is ok.
Cops will shoot first if you pull a gun on them.
I would too frankly.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Dude no offense but your posts come off as from a schizo and or completely illiterate person and I truly hope you do not carry a weapon anymore. Just saying.

My apologies for harshness. Perhaps you just like extreme shorthand when communicating digitally.
edit on 15-9-2018 by Lightdhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
My respects to the officer and sympathies to his family.
What galls me is the number of people on social media who think this is ok.
Cops will shoot first if you pull a gun on them.
I would too frankly.

I’m with you. Like I said, the cops in our territory show great restraint that I can’t, or haven’t been trained to show. As a fireman I’ve been shoved and yelled at many times, and a few if I had a gun, it would be drawn and ready. These guys keep em holstered.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
To tiny sick tears:
Once again you totally missed the point. Or if you did get the point of the black family praying for revenge instead of taking responsibility of their criminal son you ignore that and instead you say cops get killed sometimes. Then say you know you’re being callous but sorry? I’ve said it before and I’ll call you out on it every time. Tiny sick tears from a tiny sick mind
edit on 15-9-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-9-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

I have been watching this on local news but had not seen this today. My heart sank when I saw your title.

Prayers for his family as well as PD family.

Sympathies for the man who lost his son, but shame for trying to politicize the death.

Sorry I’m just getting back. As a fellow Texan I know you feel the same way I do. Everybody thinks of Texas and the Wild West, but although it’s like that in some places, we still have our hoods. And that’s not being discriminatory it’s fact. I have black cowboy friends, I’ve had black neighbors in the country, but the Hood crowd is a different breed. They place blame and play the race card every chance they can. And it’s 100% justified in their mind.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
It's a thankless job and LEOs have my respect for the most part. The media always runs with the exceptions that gets people riled up, but overall I think officers show amazing restraint and tolerance for the bad behavior they encounter.

I agree totally Metallicus. The lady cop in Dallas that walked in the wrong apartment and shot the guy? Guilty! Wether an accident or not she should be held accountable. We all agree, yet they protested and shut down a main freeway in Dallas during this cops fight for survival. I’m sure the cop that was killed would agree!
That’s what the uneducated Hood doesn’t get. We don’t want to be enemies, we want to coexist and interact in a kind way. How can I see their side if they can’t see an armed robbery with shooting a cop in the head a justified shooting? Uneducated race baters with zero accountability.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Dang ....... drilled knees eh?
Nasty business, the Irish are real fond of that too.

edit on 16-9-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lightdhype

Dude no offense but your posts come off as from a schizo and or completely illiterate person and I truly hope you do not carry a weapon anymore. Just saying.

My apologies for harshness. Perhaps you just like extreme shorthand when communicating digitally.

The only thing I understood was he likes the bigger calibers. But study after study, ballistic test after test show that Once you get bigger than a .32 the stopping power is virtually the same. Personally I’d take a 9mm over a 44 mag anyday. 17 rounds versus 5. 12 more chances to hit my target. But what do I know, I’m in the business of saving lives not taking them

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
38 special it just feels right.
That what i perfer to shoot.

a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

There ya go. That’s all that matters. And statistically there’s just as much stopping power and lethality as a .45

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   
We honor Garrett Hull, a hero who sacrificed his life for Fort Worth

By the Star-Telegram Editorial Board

September 15, 2018 02:21 PM

Fort Worth police Officer Garrett Hull is a hero.

He is a hero not only to grieving fellow officers, and to a heartbroken family, but to everyone in Fort Worth, a city he has bravely helped protect for 17 years.

Hull, 41, died Friday at John Peter Smith Hospital. He was shot when he and nine fellow officers confronted suspects outside a bar that had been robbed in the south side neighborhood of Worth Heights, the latest in a series of robberies.

Hull and the undercover unit had been tracking the group of suspects when they robbed the bar and its patrons. According to Fort Worth Police Chief Joel Fitzgerald, the chaos made it difficult for Hull and his fellow officers to differentiate between the perpetrators and innocent customers, a task requiring skill and good judgment. They honed in on their suspects and a dangerous pursuit ensued. That was when at least one of the suspects pulled a gun, tragically ending Hull’s watch.

The exchange of gunfire also resulted in the death of one suspect. Two remaining suspects were arrested.

Fitzgerald was visibly shaken during a Friday news conference, where he praised Hull and his fellow officers for “the level of heroism that took place” during the early morning operation.

If not for the painstaking surveillance and dangerous undercover work by Hull and his team, the suspects — who are tied to at least 17 other cases — would still be at large.

They are alleged to have committed increasingly violent robberies for months in Fort Worth and surrounding communities, terrorizing residents and targeting establishments in predominantly Hispanic neighborhoods.
Thanks to Officer Hull, our streets are now safer.

These days, it’s increasingly popular to criticize police work, to regard officers with suspicion and to feed the narrative of mistrust between law enforcement and the communities they protect.

We sometimes forget that despite the rare exception, our police officers are good people doing noble work. Like Hull, they are protecting communities where they and their families have lived for years, serving friends they love.

Most would sacrifice everything to protect us. Even their lives.

Because he did his job and performed it well, Officer Hull will never again come home to his family.

Our Fort Worth family owes him a debt of gratitude, and a promise to never forget.

top topics

join