It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the sun supposed to appear as a silver/white while not seeing it within our own atmosphere?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
accuweather.brightspotcdn.com...

Is the sun supposed to be a different color while not in the Earth's atmosphere? I remember pictures from the past from orbiting platforms where the sun was clearly a yellow color, vs this white/silver color I see in this picture. Is this not the sun, maybe it's a light coming from the satellite?

Also I have not posted many things to ATS so please excuse the link vs a picture, can I post a direct picture?

edit on 092018America/ChicagoSat, 15 Sep 2018 12:37:16 -05002018960 by moeron60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: moeron60

not sure if this helps and i dont understand how this could be but i was reading a bunch of factoids about the sun the other day and i read the sun is all colors at the same time we just see it as the one.

so maybe if you view it from somewhere else other than our usual point of view it appears a different color?

solar-center.stanford.edu...

It is a common misconception that the Sun is yellow, or orange or even red. However, the Sun is essentially all colors mixed together, which appear to our eyes as white. This is easy to see in pictures taken from space.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

It’s white from within our atmosphere too.

Reason why we go with yellow is because of this...

ETA: Just in case that wasn’t clear enough. You can’t draw a white sun on white paper. It’s literally that simple.

edit on 15/9/18 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Al I can say is that there is more to what we think we understand. Our atmosphere is changing the visible color and it should be happening with our cycles. The thing is - are our density still the same? Not talking about percentages.

Then we think we understand gravity and magnetism. No chance

I edited my post to see why I'm struggling today/night because of my own mistakes and miscalculations of my signal strength. Happy now? this is a test
edit on 1C182018-09-15T12:55:50-05:00SaturdayAmerica/Chicago2 by ICycle2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

The Sun is:

1. Bright

2. Hot

This means we have to image it through filters.

The color of the image of the Sun is entirely dependent on the filter used and the frequency sensitivity of the media.

The picture posted is most likely a composite because the Sun would be so much brighter than the Earth as to make the image of the Earth nearly invisible.

edit on 15/9/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

The Sun is billions, trillions of nuclear furnaces all fired up at once, it emits
E-M radiation which is strongest where it is gushed out in Solar flares around
the magnetic filament loops which play along the surface. Little is known of
the core of the sun, just the outermost layers have been well studied.

The above infrared in frequency comes visible light. The Sun emits its peak power in the visible region, although integrating the entire emission power spectrum through all wavelengths shows that the Sun emits slightly more infrared than visible light.[18] By definition, visible light is the part of the EM spectrum the human eye is the most sensitive to. Visible light (and near-infrared light) is typically absorbed and emitted by electrons in molecules and atoms that move from one energy level to another. This action allows the chemical mechanisms that underlie human vision and plant photosynthesis. The light that excites the human visual system is a very small portion of the electromagnetic spectrum. A rainbow shows the optical (visible) part of the electromagnetic spectrum; infrared (if it could be seen) would be located just beyond the red side of the rainbow with ultraviolet appearing just beyond the violet end.

Electromagnetic radiation with a wavelength between 380 nm and 760 nm (400–790 terahertz) is detected by the human eye and perceived as visible light. Other wavelengths, especially near infrared (longer than 760 nm) and ultraviolet (shorter than 380 nm) are also sometimes referred to as light, especially when the visibility to humans is not relevant. White light is a combination of lights of different wavelengths in the visible spectrum. Passing white light through a prism splits it up into the several colors of light observed in the visible spectrum between 400 nm and 780 nm.

If radiation having a frequency in the visible region of the EM spectrum reflects off an object, say, a bowl of fruit, and then strikes the eyes, this results in visual perception of the scene. The brain's visual system processes the multitude of reflected frequencies into different shades and hues, and through this insufficiently-understood psychophysical phenomenon, most people perceive a bowl of fruit.

At most wavelengths, however, the information carried by electromagnetic radiation is not directly detected by human senses. Natural sources produce EM radiation across the spectrum, and technology can also manipulate a broad range of wavelengths. Optical fiber transmits light that, although not necessarily in the visible part of the spectrum (it is usually infrared), can carry information. The modulation is similar to that used with radio waves.

(source Wikipedia)

edit on 15-9-2018 by ThatDidHappen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

You should start looking directly at it, every hour, and get to the bottom of this enigma.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

The only way to be sure is to take a mirror and hold it at an angle that you can see the sun. Then look at the “sun” for about 15 min. Only after that will you know the truth........

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

There will always be those that contest this but back in the 70's the sky did look more blue and the sun more yellow golden in color but the central disc was always too bright to look at directly.
We have lost a lot of Ozone, have a lot of pollution up there in our upper atmosphere and increased levels of sulfur as well as exotic man made chemical comounds which will perhaps take century's to break down or finally leave the atmosphere so perhaps that is all it is.

Now for some outlandish thought's.

Near Earth unidentified object's some apparently huge and doing Something? to the sun.

Evacuation of Solar Observatories.

You seeing the sun somehow looking odd to you.

Predator civilization wanting to eradicate all life and evidence of life within the solar system by prematurely triggering a solar event?.

Or just using our sun as a convenient filling station for there interstellar station wagon's.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The Sun:
Is a G2 type star and its lifespan is estimated at ±10 billion years.
It currently is fusing Hydrogen. Over many years it will expand and will cause the rising of temperatures on Earth.
Solar forcing (heat) is the total radiation effect at a given point due to the balance of all possible forces at play including Cosmic radiation and Magnetic field orientation.
Sunspots are generated and seen in the Photosphere. Radiation output is proven to fluctuate depending on their numbers.
Variations in the Sun’s behavior come in cycles and are caused by the angular motion of the planets in our Solar System. The dominant cycle is the 11 year cycle which gets amplified by the positions of the other planets causing Super and Hyper cycles. Although studies are still in progress enough was done to prove the planetary connections.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The Sun is a G-type main-sequence star (G2V) based on its spectral class. As such, it is informally and not completely accurately referred to as a yellow dwarf (its light is closer to white than yellow).

It looks very yellow at sunset though because of the atmosphere.

A star's temperature makes it's color. The sun is 6000 Kelvin well above yellow into the white.
A star that is 40,000 Kelvin would be Blue. The color of a star is a function of its temperature. If a star looks red, that means its surface temperature is approximately 2,500 Kelvin.
edit on 15-9-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

i always thought the sun was white.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ICycle2

The Sun has entered a quiet cycle for the past few years
and is continuing.

Sun Observation
Sun analysis
edit on 15-9-2018 by ThatDidHappen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The Sun is blindingly white. However, many solar images are colourised.

The Sun is definitely not yellow (or any other colour). It's white. The earth's atmosphere can make it look yellow or red, depending on the amount of atmosphere the sunlight has to go through.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDidHappen

Thanks for this informative information.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDidHappen

Which I could give you a flag and more stars.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

The problem is all the Stratospheric Aerosol Injections occurring, ie: Geogengineering.

This is not a small topic and probably (short of nuclear devastation, probably the most important)

Even though the EPA attempt to blame it on the typical citizen and the use of aerosols (CFC)/milk/dairy industries, etc (these are huge and do deplete the ozone- the farming=deforestation) |but the biggest problem today is the UN, EPA and CIA practicing their Stratospheric modification.

Just like a prescription drug- it may cover up the symptoms,
but it doesn't cure anything and in the long run makes the condition much worse/more toxic.

Many years ago it was said: "If you can change the weather you can Rule the World" Well, they are pretty much doing this.
They use "weather warfare" They can create droughts, fires, famine, Floods, volcanos, hurricanes, etc.

It's a joke how much "research" they have done- but still won't admit that their aerosol injections of silver oxide (among one) is toxic to the planet. repository.law.umich.edu...

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Interestingly our atmosphere has thinned it is compressed it did use to be more yellow to us because the atmosphere was thicker.

For example if the atmosphere was twice as thick as it is now ( or twice as dense), the sky when the sun is directly above you would be a stronger blue and the sun would look yellower. The red coloration of the sun at sunrise and sunset would begin earlier at sunset and last longer in the morning.

www.quora.com...

The Earth’s atmosphere is extraordinarily thin – and it is in serious danger. Consequently, researchers are working on methods to counteract anthropogenic climate change. At the same time, a legal framework for such large-scale experiments must be establish

PDF
www.mpg.de...

This was 2003 things are worse now.

According to a study by the Naval Research Laboratory, the density of the thermosphere has decreased about 10 percent over the last 35 years

earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 1stDragonGirl

Thanx. this info counts to me.

We must research and not become copy/paste clowns

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

We must research and not become copy/paste clowns

That is research reading official stuff because we are not scientists, listing where you get your information.
Otherwise, a clown may have made it up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join