It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Achilles heel of the Republican Party is the gun issue

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

You don't fall in line of smaller government, less taxes and personal responsibility? I am not talking about republicans in the government I am talking about true conservatives. Because the republicans in government are not conservative they are all in it together, republican and democrat alike.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
A tax on the right to own a fire arm. That should go over quite well.

Can you imagine having to pay a 'tax' every time you wanted to exercise your Constitutionally protected rights? Free speech tax? Right to NOT be unreasonably searched? Oh, yeah, that would be a terrible idea.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Starr...I sum it up on a grander scale.......apostasy has come to visit but turns out

ITS THE COMPANY THAT visits BUT NEVER LEAVES
edit on 15-9-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

You don't fall in line of smaller government, less taxes and personal responsibility? I am not talking about republicans in the government I am talking about true conservatives. Because the republicans in government are not conservative they are all in it together, republican and democrat alike.
I vote for you and your school of thought

The locals are best suited to handle their obstacles
edit on 15-9-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Defending the second amendment of the constitution is one of the things the right has gotten right.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Galacticsun

I'm not saying to ban guns, I'm saying to limit gun ownership to people deserving of it.

Every citizen in the USA barring felons and a few other issues has the right to bear arms. I cannot believe youre in any way a conservative. This isnt a republican issue, its a constitution issue. Ridiculous
edit on 15-9-2018 by BlueJacket because: eta

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

are two-faced asstard dickweed cow-humping douchebags, and they lie.

Tell us how you really feel, be specific!

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: DBCowboy

are two-faced asstard dickweed cow-humping douchebags, and they lie.

Tell us how you really feel, be specific!

I'm sorry, sometimes I'm too subtle.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Well OP if we just abolished the 1st. Amendment and allowed nobody to "express" themselves. We wouldn't have any disagreements?

But that's what the 2nd. Amendment is for. For when things become so intolerable due to the anti-Americans. We can defend free speach.

Like those, that see guns and a free people, as a threat to their social space.

OP. Reading your post was painful yet at the same time made me proud to be American.

I won't be back on this thread to see any replies. Went target shootin today. Gotta go clean my AR.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Sir, we don't need your permission to search your vehicle. You didn't pay your no search and seizure tax this year.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

that it then?

how do they feel about the wall
gay marriage
abortion
legalization
gun control
travel ban
religion in school
that being forced to stand for the flag bull#
doctor assisted suicide

these kinds of things

i am asking cause i dont know how a true conservative feels
im all ears

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: wirehead

Wire head, I'm writing this reply with the assumption that you are a reasonable person as I believe myself to be. So you basically think I'm in Lala land for believing the other "accomplishments", and believe that it's a defense mechanism for my ego. I should first say with the most emphasis, I believe hatred to be the most corrupt and blinding emotion on this planet, and believe that no good comes from hate. I try very hard to not have hatred in my heart. I'm someone that tries to look at things as objectively, and rationally as I can, but I'm still a human being which means I'm sure I still carry some biases no doubt.

So...

North Korea: Have you noticed that North Korea has not launched a nuclear test, missile, or made it's usual threats of death and destruction in a year? Do you honestly believe this is coincidence? I always knew that we had way more leverage on NK than they had on us and felt that they were basically trying to bluff their way to being a intercontinental ballistic nuclear power. I would wonder with past administrations why we would act so afraid of them and cow tow, and was very proud of trump (Knowing that NK was bluffing), that he called their bluff.. it absolutely worked and when NK realized we might actually go to war with them, they backed down big time as I knew they would. Please tell me where I'm wrong on this?

Illegal immigration: Google illegal immigration numbers now vs historical numbers. There are tons of articles including NPR (very liberal news station) citing historic low numbers... again... not sure how this is my own brand of propaganda.

Iran: Iranian roubel currency plunges after Trump reinstates sanctions, many European companies cancel business deals with Iran. Protests have been popping up in greater frequency as a result of an unhappy populous struggling to have a decent wage while cost of living goes up. Again... google this my friend... I know they don't discuss these things on CNN and MSNBC but that makes my point.

Trade deals: Both Mexico and Europe have made major trade concessions and Canada is right on their heels. China will eventually cave as we have all the leverage, not them. Research this... just because they don't report these things on CNN doesn't mean it's not true. I genuinely hope that you research these topics with an open mind my friend as I believe you will find that it isn't me that's consuming my own brand of propaganda. I'm a very independent thinker, as you can see by my post knowing I would get flamed by people in my own party. I'm not a follower of where the current flows, I go where I truly believe the truth hides. Do I have an ego? Sure I do, as do most, but if the truth leads me to let go of long held beliefs, then the truth is where I desire to go. I'd be interested if you do research on any of these topics. Would be great to hear your response. Either way I wish you well in your journey wherever it leads.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

Murphy I'm going to let you in on a little secret. I also am a gun owner and go target shooting! Just the other day I shot an AR. I'm slightly surprised at how unreasonable so many posters on here find my suggestion to be. Should anyone be allowed to own a bazooka? A grenade launcher? An anti tank gun? Stinger missile launcher that can bring down planes? I don't see what's so unreasonable about only responsible law abiding citizens owning guns? I suppose if someone isn't in that category then it makes sense that they wouldn't be happy about it.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   
BTW, religion is the Achilles heel of the Republican Party. As long as you have to try to argue things like "Abortion should be illehal because GAWD says so!" you're going to have a really rough time being accepted by rational people.

Which also leads to the point that abortion should NOT only be legal but encouraged in cases where the parent(s) have ANY doubts about anything whatsoever. The VAST majority of the problems that are not already being addressed by laws that have been on the books for decades are caused by irresponsible and thoughtless breeding.

edit on 16-9-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The achilles heel of the Democrat party is their obvious hatred of the Bill of Rights. It turns out that it just plain scares the # out of people when you try to delete something from the Bill of Rights and call it progress.

I don't know. What is it about people that makes them want to keep their rights? Crazy people! What's wrong with them? Why can't they just be British?

edit on 16-9-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

that it then?

how do they feel about the wall
gay marriage
abortion
legalization
gun control
travel ban
religion in school
that being forced to stand for the flag bull#
doctor assisted suicide

these kinds of things

i am asking cause i dont know how a true conservative feels
im all ears

The wall-Build it,not just because of illegals,but also to slow down drug running and terrorists gay marriage,who cares?Abortion-after the fetus is formed and can survive out of the womb,its murder.Legalisation-depends on circumstances.Gun control-never work,civil war for sure .Travel ban-yes.Religion in school-no teaching it,but give kids a minute of silence if they want to prayStanding for the flag-shouldn't need to be forced.If your employer says to show respect yes you shoud
octor assisted suicide-personal decision.There you go,I might be a little more moderate than some,but I think I`m pretty conservative and theres your answers for what they`re worth

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Gun rights is probably the main cornerstone of the Republican party.

It's hilarious to call it an achilles heel. Out of touch much?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

how do they feel about the wall - We need it, we have a right to define our national property and control access to it.
gay marriage - Don't care let 'em have at it.
abortion - Paid for one, but don't really care if it was banned. Has gotten far out of control and used as BC.
legalization - Rock on with it.
gun control - My aim is fairly good so I control it I guess.
travel ban - See item about the wall
religion in school - should not be there, but not the job of teachers to ban it either. There is a happy medium.
that being forced to stand for the flag bull# - No one is being forced to stand for anything.
doctor assisted suicide - Liberals should practice it often.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

That's some condescending stuff there and typical leftist.
Its not because "GAWD said so" its because they consider it murder.
Most civilized people consider murder to be immoral and UN-civilized.
You may not consider abortion murder and that's fine you can take that stance, but don't attempt to disparage someone who believes it IS murder by attacking them based on your dismissal of religion.
It does not matter what their belief is based on, we cant have come to the place where a rejection of religion leads us to reject the obvious objective truth that Murder is immoral?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Why all the animosity towards gunowers and the gun curious? Blatant gun-a-phobia.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join