It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

65 women defend Kavanaugh as 'a good person' amid allegations

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Exactly. Which leads me, inescapably, to that conclusion.

A fair investigation, or a call for one, should it not have mentioned those other women? 65 to 1 are pretty slim odds. Yet they're not mentioned...I find that odd.

Is she lying? Don't know. Is he lying? Don't know. Are all those other women lying? Don't know. A call for a fair, unbiased investigation, which that statement by Ms. Thomas most assuredly is not, would say that, would it not, should it not?

I don't much care about partisanship, I don't like it, but I can, generally, see through it. This is pure partisanship attempting to masquerade as a hunt for justice. Any "justice" done, will be by complete accident.

People need to stop pretending otherwise.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It's a strategically-planned, confirmation delay tactic from the activist Left.
This case couldn't be prosecuted now, even if it HAD actually occurred (for any number of legal reasons).

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
You folks are all partisan wishful thinkers.

The lady in question passesd a lie detector test and had therapy over it.

That doesn’t mean she’s telling the truth but it does mean they ought to give her a fair hearing.

Just because 65 women probably said hello to him once or twice doesn’t prove anything.

Are you telling me he was really close to 65 women?

That in itself is odd

edit on 16-9-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Who else, man, knows - - in a romantic (or sexual) way 65 women?

And all these 65 women come forward to defend your honor?

Aquaintances? Sure - - but, 65 women defending you against sexual aggression?

That's more of a fairytale than accusing him of aggression.

edit on 16-9-2018 by Annee because: spelling

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I’m in no way claiming that this isn’t about trying to stop Kavanaugh from being confirmed. That doesn’t mean the Ford woman is lying and Kavanaugh is a saint. The two concepts aren’t mutually exclusive.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Just because a women with Very Questionable Credibility probably said hello to him once or twice doesn’t prove anything Either.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Is This Smuck a Piece of Work or What ?

" Chuck Schumer Calls for Delay of Kavanaugh Confirmation Vote to Investigate ‘Rape Attempt’ Accusation "

' In the wake of the accusation, Schumer called for a postponement of the Senate confirmation vote for the “serious and credible allegation” to be “thoroughly investigated.”

“For too long, when woman have made serious allegations of abuse, they have been ignored. That cannot happen in this case,” Schumer said.'

www.breitbart.com...

“To railroad a vote now would be an insult to the women of American and the integrity of the Supreme Court,” Schumer contended.'

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

No, it doesn't mean they're lying. I don't believe that I said that I thought they were... I said I found the timing, for lack of a better word, convenient.

None of us, save the people involved, Mr. Kavanaugh, and Ms. Ford, and I suppose the other boy whose name I don't know, what really happened that night.

For anyone to conclusively state that he's guilty, or not guilty, of any sort of crime is to reveal they're more than slightly off the mark, and are letting their biases out to play.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Who else, man, knows - - in a romantic (or sexual) way 65 women?

And all these 65 women come forward to defend your honor?

Aquaintances? Sure - - but, 65 women defending you against sexual aggression?

That's more of a fairytale than accusing him of aggression.

This whole story doesn't pass the sniff test, not even close.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk... well fbi is declining to investigate even with her being named and it seems even if they were deemed to be true its way past statute of limitations and with finestine waiting since summer to release it looks like an attempt at a last minute hail mary to delay his inevitable confirmation

Trump Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh is expected to be confirmed by October 1 when the court begins its next term Top Judiciary Committee Democrat has mysterious letter alleging Kavanaugh of something in high school but she won't show it to other senators Top D.C. #MeToo attorney is believed to be representing the woman at the center of whatever allegations the letter might contain Letter came from someone the woman knows and was sent to a California congresswoman, who shared it with Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein Sen. Dianne Feinstein got it over the summer but chose this week to hint at sexual misconduct accusations at an inopportune moment for Republicans An FBI official told The Washington Post hours later that it wouldn't open a criminal probe, but instead would hand the material to the White House It's likely whatever Kavanaugh's accuser believes he did falls outside the statute of limitations in whatever state or district it allegdely occurred

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Were not those 65 all, at one time or another, a law clerk for him?

They'd all know him fairly well after clerking for him for any length of time. I know/knew most of my bosses fairly well after certain amounts of time, and interaction. Don't you?

Behavior comes out eventually. In a close working environment like a judges office, there are no secrets.

Why are we partisan wishful thinkers? Like you're not? Spare me. If this weren't a favorable position to you, you'd be screaming to high heaven about rushing to judgement or some such thing, please don't pretend otherwise.

Give her a fair hearing? Sure. You going to give those other women a chance to tell their stories, too?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Now I’m in no way comparing this guy to Ted Bundy, but lots of women worked with Bundy and thought he was a swell guy. Just sayin’, it is possible to act one way in certain situations and another way in other situations.

Like you, I’m not saying he’s definitely guilty or definitely innocent. Either scenario is possible.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Yeah , just Like the Moon being made of Green Cheese one minute , then just Plain Rock in another........Hmm....

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I’m in no way claiming that this isn’t about trying to stop Kavanaugh from being confirmed. That doesn’t mean the Ford woman is lying and Kavanaugh is a saint. The two concepts aren’t mutually exclusive.

Sorry, in America we don't go around believing things with no evidence.

He is possibly guilty like you are possibly a pedophile. A letter written by an unnamed person on behalf of an anonymous person who refuses to say diddly about it. This is all about politics. Oh and they had the letter for months and held on to it until now.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

They dont know his character.

They knew him professionally. That doesn’t mean they know whether he’s capable of this kind of act.

It's naïve to think otherwise.

We all thought we knew Bill Cosby

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
If the GOP just brushes this aside then they will get a knuckle sandwich from the female vote something they were going to get anyway.

They would be stupid to just brush this woman allegations under the rug and rush to approve him

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
If the GOP just brushes this aside then they will get a knuckle sandwich from the female vote something they were going to get anyway.

They would be stupid to just brush this woman allegations under the rug and rush to approve him

Last I checked we have comments from 66 women. 65 whom are named and give him 5 star ratings.

Then we have a woman who says this ...

"I thought he might inadvertently kill me."

Sorry, the more I hear on this the more nonsense I think it is.
edit on 16-9-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

They dont know his character.

They knew him professionally. That doesn’t mean they know whether he’s capable of this kind of act.

It's naïve to think otherwise.

We all thought we knew Bill Cosby

False. They know him going back to High School. They know his character.

We are women who have known Brett Kavanaugh for more than 35 years and knew him while he attended high school between 1979 and 1983.

edit on 16-9-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Bill Cosby got 10 star ratings

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Let me ask you a Question Mr. Dubya . Suppose , Just Suppose , her Allegations are Somehow True . Are there ANY Other Reports of Mr. Kavanaugh acting like that with Any other Women Since the 1980's ? If Not , then Her Story begins to Sound more like a Yarn...........Hm....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join