It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If youre not mexican you cant wear mexican sweaters. remember that

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
stop the world - i want to get off

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: projectvxn
Cultural appropriation is one of the most regressive complaints I've encountered.

We should want to share and explore each other's culture.

Kinda kicks that ole progressive whining about diversity right in the ole sac dunnit? roflmao

Ummm...strangely enough...it’s the progressives pushing both diversity...and...cultural appropriation...

One wonders what the real message is hidden in the center of that particular conundrum...

YouSir
edit on 14-9-2018 by YouSir because: Of the definition of is...is...

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: seeker1963

Cultural appropriation is one of the most regressive complaints I've encountered.

We should want to share and explore each other's culture.

Kinda kicks that ole progressive whining about diversity right in the ole sac dunnit? roflmao

Ummm...strangely enough...it’s the progressives pushing both diversity...and...cultural appropriation...

One wonders what the real message is hidden in the center of that particular conundrum...

YouSir

Yea, that is what I was getting at! Would be a freaking hoot to see em take their stand and call each other Nazi's! roflmao

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
a reply to: projectvxn

As a Cuban man, I culturally appropriated an Irish redhead, and I ain't giving her back.

I'm having "I Love Lucy" flashbacks. Used to watch the reruns.

Yours isn't as insane as Lucy, is she?

Worse and oh so worth it.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I wouldn't wear that ugly ass sweater anyway.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Are we all just going to gloss over the fact that the Huffington Post wants us to believe that Mexicans wear sweaters? I'm pretty far north of Mexico and I don't wear sweaters.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Cultural appropriation is probably one of the most retarded of all the retarded things that has come out of extreme left.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I totally agree with you, this is absolutely ridiculous bloody nonsense. They are just clothes. Designers take influence from all countries and cultures and so do consumers. To say you are not allowed to wear or have something that is not traditionally part of your culture is insane. What happened to the 'everyone must be included in society' ethos?

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   

every damn store in that mall had dashiki's for sale

And Nehru jackets/shirts as well
That is West Africa and India

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
As long as it is not a wool sweater. Arghhh... How anyone can wear one directly on skin is beyond me. I would have to take benadryl. 100% Cotton and leave the poor sheep and lambs alone. Let's not even get into Alpaca.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
a reply to: projectvxn

As a Cuban man, I culturally appropriated an Irish redhead, and I ain't giving her back.

I'm having "I Love Lucy" flashbacks. Used to watch the reruns.

Yours isn't as insane as Lucy, is she?

Worse and oh so worth it.

ROFL.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   

And I bet actual Mexicans are proud other people like their styles.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
This makes me miss my old Corona jerga.
I appropriated it until it was threadbare.
edit on 15-9-2018 by tjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I'm gonna wear one of those with my luchadaor mask on Cinco de Mayo while I eat the best, the very best taco bowl at Trump Tower.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Back in September 2015 the University of East Anglia in Norwich banned the wearing of sombrero's as they were afraid it would offend Mexican students.

My brother went to UEA and I visited him lots of times, went to some great parties.....never saw a single Mexican.

www.independent.co.uk...

The PC Brigade and their offspring SJW and Generation Snowflake are probably the single biggest threat we face at present.

'Cultural appropriation' has existed since the dawn of civilization and hasn't offended anyone, till now?

Moronic imbeciles.
edit on 15/9/18 by Freeborn because: Insert link

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

So Mexicans can't wear Mexican clothing because it's offensive to ... Whom exactly?

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Um...

Where the hell am I going to find a Cherokee/Hopi/Irish sweater?

ETA... the coloring and style appears to be a Pendelton knockoff... which is made in Oregon and established by a British weaver.

Cultural appropriation indeed.

Ive been trying to come up with a Comanche/Scottish style but the kilts keep coming out all wonky

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm gonna wear one of those with my luchadaor mask on Cinco de Mayo while I eat the best, the very best taco bowl at Trump Tower.

Make sure your spandex is dark colored to hide the after effects

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Better not see anyone ever wearing denim jeans, they were created by and for American cowboys!

Yippy Kie Yay Mofo!

Wait... I'm a metal head. I'm not a cowboy, Cowboy. Welp... I guess I better just go round in my undies.

Hey, does that mean none of you guys can make Cajun food? Every cafe or restaurant that claims to be Cajun can no longer advertise the food? ....you know they aint!

Sides, I thought this was a law that only applied to India.... errrr Native Americans

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

As a woman, I will not miss panty hose at all.

But I confess that I would miss the sprouts.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join