It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North and South Korea Open Full-Time Liaison Office at Border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Good news for the world it seems.

Sept. 14, 2018

SEOUL, South Korea — North and South Korea on Friday opened their first joint liaison office, a facility that will be staffed by personnel from both countries, marking another advance in the rival states’ rapidly improving relationship.

The liaison office, in the North Korean border town of Kaesong, establishes the first channel for full-time, person-to-person contact between the Koreas. The countries have technically been at war for decades because an armistice, not a peace treaty, halted the Korean War in 1953.

South Korean officials consider the office another important step toward ending decades of enmity and hope it will eventually lead to the establishment of diplomatic missions in each other’s capitals.

They said the new facility would reduce the chances of dangerous misunderstandings along the heavily armed inter-Korean border. It will also serve as a venue for meetings as the two countries consider joint economic projects and other matters, they said.

“From today, South and North Korea can hold face-to-face discussions 24 hours a day and every day of the year on matters concerning improving inter-Korean ties and promoting peace and prosperity on the Korean Peninsula,” Unification Minister Cho Myoung-gyon, the South Korean official who oversees relations with the North, said during a speech in Kaesong, according to pool reports from South Korean journalists there.

South Korea has dismissed concerns that it is opening up to the North too quickly, and that it should insist on more concrete steps toward denuclearization in return. Mr. Moon argues that improving inter-Korean ties will encourage, not deter, the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.

Let's hope Kim Jong-un do not take any steps back and keep moving towards denuclearization. We've had enough conflicts already.

Just thought you guys wanted to hear some good news for today.

The New York Times

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Trump factor is so amazing.

He's moving the world to peace, even with all the people attacking him 24/7

Unless you want to say this just happened, under Trump, like the economy roaring, and the unemployment rate dropping

(post by NthOther removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
A couple of months ago it was peace on the peninsula, no nukes and someone was going to get the Nobel peace prize.

What happened.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I guess things take more time than previously planned. You don't think this is great news?

Should we just go back in time then to when there were missiles flying over Japan?

I really don't get you guys, praising a war instead of being happy for what we're witnessing.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

progress is good, so is peace. Giving someone credit where not due is crap.

I bet the progress is due to NK leader, not President Trump.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

F# OFF with giving Trump credit for this.

You people are as bad as the leftists you hate.

Oh look... Triggered!!!!!

Who else would you give credit for this... Santa Claus, perhaps?

All the work that Obama did to get us to this point?

And for the record, we don't "hate" the left.

We pity them, mostly. However, just like any other spoiled child, you don't get rewarded for being wrong.

To the OP, wonderful news! I am feeling better and better about Trump's foreign policy.

S&F!

edit on 14-9-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
a reply to: roadgravel

I guess things take more time than previously planned. You don't think this is great news?

Should we just go back in time then to when there were missiles flying over Japan?

I really don't get you guys, praising a war instead of being happy for what we're witnessing.

Anything Trump does that is good makes the left look bad.

That's all it really is, since the left now appear to not give a crap about US citizens, world peace or a stable economy.

No... they just want to stay in power and it looks like they are losing their grip.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

No fact to back up the ad hominem attacks? Check!

Dropping the F bomb right out the gates? Check!

TDS confirmed.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Anything Trump does that is good makes the left look bad.

Thats their own fault for dying on a hill that is made of any and everything that is the opposite of Trump

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

progress is good, so is peace. Giving someone credit where not due is crap.

I bet the progress is due to NK leader, not President Trump.

WHAT? I truly hope this is sarcasm. You the Kim suddenly got a crazy notion to be peaceful wit SoKo?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

LOL! And who should get credit for this exactly?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

This is all Trump stupid..

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

LOL! And who should get credit for this exactly?

Obviously all the previous presidents and their amazing efforts to end the 50 years conflict.
edit on 14/9/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

How does Trump not get credit for this?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

This is good news for everyone. And in a way you could give Trump some credit for this. But some users to give him complete credit and others to discredit him are both stupid. His threats very possibly made the NK regime rethink their stance. Also the secret meetings between NK, Japan and SK are what really made this happen.

I am sure China had a big part also along with Russia. Seeings how they both want us out of that very specific region even though NK was a great distraction at a time but not so much anymore.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
This is all due to policies set by Jimmy Carter !!

Without him, this would never happen 😎

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Next a starbucks

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I give Gary Cohn credit for stealing the papers off trumps desk that would have ended US S Korea relationship.

new topics

top topics

join