It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reddit bans Qanon threads!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Yeah. You may be right... Now that these easily manipulated dupes are headed over to hang out with hard core racists the racism, bigotry, and general hatred is only going to get worse with that crowd.
edit on 14-9-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Both extremes in that argument want censorship.

Yes. Extremes. It's a pretty small percentage of the "Q followers".

All Q related threads are closed and sent to the main Q thread. Most of the time if people go there and question the validity of an unknown unvetted 4chaner, everyone flips out and claims the person is a paid shill. Then people on the flip side of the coin just want all Q conversation to be banned.

When you say "everyone" it really does seem like you're generalizing. So no, it's not everyone. Most people are open to a healthy discussion.

Being on the Q thread since the first one, I've seen Q believers and skeptics have mature conversations with solid arguments. The problem is, on the most recent threads, most of the talk is directed to personal attacks towards the "Q cult". The people who believe Q is actually real do not go somewhere and just attack the non-believers and the people who are doing actual research on the subject do not incite violence.

I'm in neither of the camps that think that speech should be blocked, but I do understand private companies not wanting people to use their platforms for it.

Agreed.

I think that it's just a matter of time before some lunatic takes the larping too seriously and does something crazy.

I think we've seen some cases already. Nut people will do crazy stuff with or without a larp.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: JDmOKI

Well if you aren't sick of it yet, just mosey on over to Voat and hang out with all the super racists and nazis. It's not like it has been scrubbed from the internet.

We get it Q is racist for some reason and you endorse censorship if it doesn't follow your ideology. You win Krazy

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Hmmm? Where did I say anything of the sort? I just told you where you can go get your Q fix now that reddit doesn't like you guys. And if you don't think Voat houses a lot of super racists then you've never been there before.

I, personally, don't care if you want to willingly dupe yourself with idiotic bull#. I've been laughing at /r/GreatAwakening now for a LONG time on r/TopMindsOfReddit. Banning them is stripping me of my comedy time.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Sorry about that, I didn't mean to say everyone, that's why I aimed it at the extremes at first. I was wrong to generalize and say everyone, I'll go back and edit that so I don't spark a thread drift.

And yes there have been some nuts, and those exist in any large group.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Yeah. You may be right... Now that these easily manipulated dupes are headed over to hang out with hard core racists the racism, bigotry, and general hatred is only going to get worse with that crowd.

So we should ban all Q conversations because there are racists on the internet, and some of them are part of the Q threads?

I really don't get your point.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

My point is that I'm agreeing with you saying that things are going to get worse. How is that confusing?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Hmmm? Where did I say anything of the sort? I just told you where you can go get your Q fix now that reddit doesn't like you guys. And if you don't think Voat houses a lot of super racists then you've never been there before.

They don't have to go to Voat, there is a large thread here, which is not super racist, or at least isn't the few times I've popped my head in there.

I think you are embellishing that a little bit to the point of hyperbole to make the case that we are going to have a new super racism epidemic.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Well if you aren't sick of it yet, just mosey on over to Voat and hang out with all the super racists and nazis. It's not like it has been scrubbed from the internet.

Super racists and Nazis!?! They're everywhere Ahhhhhhh call Antifa!

Geeeze.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

True. But that is where the conspiracy moved to. It wasn't my decision. It was the mods of the various subreddits that got banned's decision to do so. The home of the Q conspiracy is no longer Reddit and is now Voat. Just because secondary conversations exist on minor conspiracy forums like this one doesn't mean that isn't true. If you want to go to the source of the conspiracy then you have to go to Voat. That's just how it is.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

Super racists and Nazis!?! They're everywhere Ahhhhhhh call Antifa!

Geeeze.

Have you been to Voat by any chance? You should click on that NSFW link I posted in the thread earlier then come back and say that there aren't racists and Nazis there. I'm guessing you won't because you want to keep your head in the sand and pretend I'm overreacting or something.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: vinifalou

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Topato

no...we are sick of the Q bullshlt.

No, you're not. Everyday you go to the Q thread to spew your cognitive dissonance garbage.

Who's putting a gun in your head and ordering you to read anything about Q?

You probably should call someone.

Maybe a psychiatry.

Both extremes in that argument want censorship.

All Q related threads are closed and sent to the main Q thread. Most of the time if people go there and question the validity of an unknown unvetted 4chaner, some people flip out and claims the person is a paid shill. Then people on the flip side of the coin just want all Q conversation to be banned.

I'm in neither of the camps that think that speech should be blocked, but I do understand private companies not wanting people to use their platforms for it.

I think that it's just a matter of time before some lunatic takes the larping too seriously and does something crazy.

That is the problem. This "Q" stuff is related to the same topic(s) that led to the guy going in to the pizza parlor with a firearm in order to save all the kiddees from the evil democrat pedos.

There are many potential legal liabilities that could come out of all this and I can see why some forums/websites would not want that sort of content on their servers.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
So Krazy is attempting to make this thread about where the QAnon people went, not about the censorship at Reddit.

He can't defend that, so he's changing the subject.

You guys see this, right?

Don't let him get away with it.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

What's to defend? It's within Reddit's legal right to do it. Don't like it? Too bad.

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Never been there but I sure as hell been hearing a lot about super racist Nazi boogeyman lately, enough to make my ears bleed. That crap got old a couple years ago. I've never even met one of these boogeymen. I have however met a ton of liberals whom accuse people of such just for simply wanting borders etc.

link   

Predictable.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Well. Then you are talking out your ass if you aren't willing to verify for yourself if I'm speaking the truth or not. I'd prove it, but I literally can't post pictures of the crap on Voat because it all deeply violates ATS' T&C's.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Predictable.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

My point is that I'm agreeing with you saying that things are going to get worse. How is that confusing?

Had to reread my posts to find where I ever stated that.

Could you enlighten me on this one?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

a reply to: Wookiep

Well. Then you are talking out your ass if you aren't willing to verify for yourself if I'm speaking the truth or not. I'd prove it, but I literally can't post pictures of the crap on Voat because it all deeply violates ATS' T&C's.

edit on 14-9-2018 by Wookiep because: Redacted. Someone can't take a joke.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join