It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reddit bans Qanon threads!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   
The war on free speech continues to heat up! After reading this article From NBC News, its quite apparent free speech is a thing of the past.

Granted, death threats are no joke, I think it would be more appropriate to ban the ones doing the threatening than the entire thread.
Anyone have a better solution???

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Banned by my count:

/r/cigarmarket

/r/scotchswap

/r/beermarket

/r/beertrade

/r/gundeals

/r/pipetobaccomarket

/r/Stealing - well I expected that one.

/r/shoplifting - yeah

/r/canadagunsEE

r/rcsources

/r/gunsforsale

/r/airsoftmarket

/r/fakeid

/r/darknetmarkets

/r/dnstars

/r/DarkWEBforum

/r/SecretSniper

/r/BrassSwap

/r/gundealsFU

/r/DankNation

/r/DIY_Classifieds

/r/DNMAus

/r/ardeals

/r/AKMarketplace

/r/noveldissos

/r/xanaxcartel

/r/gunnitforward

/r/darknetmarketindia

/r/DarkNetMarketsNO

/r/darknetmarketsOZ

/r/airsoftmarketcanada

/r/gun_deals

/r/swapsell - RIP 😢😢😢

/r/KratomCowboys - RIP 😭

/r/DBZDokkanMarketplace/

/r/morethanetizolam

/r/clonazolam

Oooops, that was 5 months ago.. So what?
Subs getting banned is .. subs getting banned. Go and make a new sub. Or a better sub. Or on another site, I heard that voat is hot for alts right now.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

People are already working on other platforms.

Twitter, facebook, youtube and all the main ones are being hardcore censored and people are sick of it.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Reddit just like Google system is quick to shadowban users. Reddit Karma system allows bots to trigger the shadowbans on users. Once that happens, you will be stuck with 5-8min timeout between post, none of your comments will show up if you logout. You question the chemical attacks in Syria or the Russian narrative on articles posted on Reddit, you will be down voted and called a Russian bot.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Topato

I am not going into "censoring" and "people getting sick of it", because that leads into the useless depths of having to define "censorship" which are highly subjective.

But the good news is that everyone can always go to other sites to post their content. Nobody stops you.

Just that some corporations have different views on what should happen on their property. *shrugs*

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Something that happens on a corporation property and might affect a few thousand people (at the very most) and censoring speech that affects hundreds of millions (or more, around the world) are two completely different animals.

Those of you who can’t see this? I’m sure the NWO has a place for you in their coming “utopia”...well, as long as you remember, and stay in, your place.

Farewell First Amendment to the US Constitution, it was nice knowing you over most of my life...

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

I am not going into "censoring" and "people getting sick of it", because that leads into the useless depths of having to define "censorship" which are highly subjective.

Like "Enhanced Interrogation Techniques" right? It all depends on how you interpret that.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Vamps in control and Q just a bunch of text , who can't look the guy in the eye ?

BigTech controls the internet , BigTech bans people. So cut out the middleman right ?

Trumps base is being nuked and still big-tech in control.

Looks to me that NWO is winning this one , if there isn't some change really soon (like in the next 2 days).

Look at it from the sunnyside we arent alowed to C , we can always go back to BBS'es and fidonet , Guess what I'm a angry old guy now

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

They're what?

The powers that be are shutting down any free speech they don't agree with, what is subjective about that?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

When you own your own company, you get to pick what services/products/image you provide.

Freedom of speech and expression work multiple different ways, it's not just for us, but also business owners who decide what image they want for their companies.

This thread is going to be closed and moved, because of the choices of ATS decision makers.

Your freedom of speech/expression doesn't mean you get to dictate who others use theirs.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

According to the r/TopMindsOfReddit subreddit, these subs were banned:

/r/The_GreatAwakening

r/thegreatawakening

r/AFTERTHESTQRM

r/BiblicalQ

r/TheCalmBeforeTheStorm

r/CalmBeforeTheStorm

r/qproofs

r/QAnon_Serious

r/WWG1WGA

r/GreatAwakeningII

r/TheGreatWakeUp

r/greatest_awakening

r/great_awaken

r/QClearanceAnon

r/greatawakening2

r/TheStorm

r/QAnon

r/Quincels

r/quqanon

r/GREATqAWAKENING

r/QAnonUK

r/thestormishere

r/The_SwampWatch

r/QanonTools

r/QGreatAwakening

r/QanonandJFKjr

r/WWG1WGA01

r/ThankQ

r/ThePatriotArk

r/PatriotsFight

r/Q4U

r/BiblicQ

Source

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

What's funny about this is that now the Q cult is on Voat and the super racists over at Voat don't want to strain the hamster their servers are running on by giving bandwidth to these guys. It's funny watching two sets of haters yell slurs at each other because they don't hate hard enough:
/r/GreatAwakening's Great Migration isn't exactly going... smoothly (NSFW)
edit on 14-9-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Anyone have a better solution???

Nope.This one sounds just about right.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

no...we are sick of the Q bullshlt.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Echo007

bull. What rabbit hole is this happening down Alice?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Who's we? And the way things are going you'll have your echo chamber soon enough.

My uncle got into Q after being a life long Democrat and he sends me links all the time. Luckily I'm a grown up and I just ignore it. No need for censorship

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Well if you aren't sick of it yet, just mosey on over to Voat and hang out with all the super racists and nazis. It's not like it has been scrubbed from the internet.
edit on 14-9-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

No, you're not. Everyday you go to the Q thread to spew your cognitive dissonance garbage.

Who's putting a gun in your head and ordering you to read anything about Q?

You probably should call someone.

Maybe a psychiatry.
edit on 14/9/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

It's gonna get a hell of a lot worse before it gets better, SweetPea, so either buckle up, or bend over.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

No, you're not. Everyday you go to the Q thread to spew your cognitive dissonance garbage.

Who's putting a gun in your head and ordering you to read anything about Q?

You probably should call someone.

Maybe a psychiatry.

Both extremes in that argument want censorship.

All Q related threads are closed and sent to the main Q thread. Most of the time if people go there and question the validity of an unknown unvetted 4chaner, some people flip out and claims the person is a paid shill. Then people on the flip side of the coin just want all Q conversation to be banned.

I'm in neither of the camps that think that speech should be blocked, but I do understand private companies not wanting people to use their platforms for it.

I think that it's just a matter of time before some lunatic takes the larping too seriously and does something crazy.
edit on 14-9-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join