It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 More Solar Observatories closed/Ufo sighting

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

Nice lens flare.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
a reply to: JerykoOo

Oh, NO. Those pics are fake, and I can prove it. Especially that 'UFO'.

You can see clearly the reflection of the light source (I'm guessing flashlight) on the object, on the table, and the small area of shadow between the table and the thing that was photographed. Instagram or Snapchat filters applied to the point of nausea.

For crying out loud- I could produce a better fake. The rest of those are just garbled garbage.

Yes - Doesn't even have to be faked. Just a biproduct of trying to photograph the sun with an iPhone and a crappy adapter-thingy. Lens flares 2.0. The person taking the photograph may be convinced it's Nibiru, Satan Clause or whoever, but it's most likely just reflections and light leakage.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Lens mechanism not coming into physical contact with the phones lens. The phone is really taking an out of focus picture of the outside of the external lens. IMO

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   
The whole FBI/closing thing in NM is a bit weird, but I doubt it is related to anything UFO-like observed (though it could be some inadvertent launch/flight data captured). There are a ton of elements out there "observing" where I can't imagine something UFO-ish being exclusive to them. It is likely, as mentioned earlier, espionage or possibly security-spill (intentional or not) related and they are in there scrubbing the systems and don't want the scientists in there mucking about at the same time.

Whatever the case, I wouldn't give much credence to the official story if/when it comes out. Eeven though it is likely a mundane thing, they wouldn't have closed the site if it was public-worthy.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

im going to go and take some photos of the sun

What is this 'sun' you speak of? Stupid tropically depressing storm.
Stupid Florence.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I may get walloped for this- but I couldn't resist.
I... discovered an anomaly on your pic!

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
www.youtube.com...

interesting video, not sure if someone else has posted it TLDR

guy went and checked out the observatory.. its totally abandoned

Hahaha!!! They trolling with Xfiles!

Well played. Well played.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
www.youtube.com...

interesting video, not sure if someone else has posted it TLDR

guy went and checked out the observatory.. its totally abandoned

Now that is VERY strange. WTH?

It looks like what we called "buggin out" when I was in a Medical Unit as a National Guardsmen. We practiced tearing down and leaving in 30 minutes several times a day.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Lens mechanism not coming into physical contact with the phones lens. The phone is really taking an out of focus picture of the outside of the external lens. IMO

Yep and is distracting the main story I think.

Maybe, as was suggested already, this is to call attention to the fake photos and not the story of police tape at the entrance and the USPS being closed also. The Sheriff had made a comment, at least initially correct me if I am wrong, that he didn't know why this happened.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Looks like the National security theory may be the correct one , the director of the Sunspot Solar Observatory gave this answer when Gizmodo reached out to him.

Now, James McAteer, director of the Sunspot Solar Observatory, has seemingly ruled out one of those theories. McAteer told local news outlet KOB that the “telescope did not see aliens. All data will be made public in its unaltered form. Nothing is hidden or kept secret.” McAteer, a professor at New Mexico State University, clarified to Gizmodo that we probably wouldn’t even find extraterrestrials with a telescope. “Any aliens in our vicinity of the Universe are very likely microbial,” McAteer told Gizmodo.

He also dispelled other theories. “There was no killer solar storm. Solar storms happen all the time. No observations of an imaginary planet.”
www.gizmodo.co.uk...

How depressingly mundane.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Where did we land with this? Are other observatories truly closed or was it online rumors? I watched Linda Moulton Howe’s yt livestream a few nights ago and she spoke with Peter Lavenda and he said he found no evidence the others were actually closed.

Just curious if anyone knows for sure now that it has been a few days, thanks!

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Looks like the National security theory may be the correct one , the director of the Sunspot Solar Observatory gave this answer when Gizmodo reached out to him.

Now, James McAteer, director of the Sunspot Solar Observatory, has seemingly ruled out one of those theories. McAteer told local news outlet KOB that the “telescope did not see aliens. All data will be made public in its unaltered form. Nothing is hidden or kept secret.” McAteer, a professor at New Mexico State University, clarified to Gizmodo that we probably wouldn’t even find extraterrestrials with a telescope. “Any aliens in our vicinity of the Universe are very likely microbial,” McAteer told Gizmodo.

He also dispelled other theories. “There was no killer solar storm. Solar storms happen all the time. No observations of an imaginary planet.”
www.gizmodo.co.uk...

First we have to step back and look at the entire picture.

The area was shut-down, they stone-walled news media for over a week, and anyone that asked questions.

Then they come out with a bunch of words minced together, that are an insult to even people that are half-aware.

Now while I don't buy the aliens hype BS, it appears a campaign to diminish/discredit something that maybe transpiring, and that something is way off based on logical contradictions.

"Nothing is hidden or kept secret.”

Huge red flag.

I was looking at that absolute statement, in disbelief. Yea, I'll buy that from a government agency. lmao!
edit on 15-9-2018 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

6 More Solar Observatories closed/Ufo sighting

Bollocks.

There is no actual source for that.

The blog links to a Zerohedge article as it's source, bot the article says nothing of the sort. Neither does anyone else, as far as I can see.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

www.gizmodo.co.uk...

And comically predictable as exactly what they would say when they saw giant alien spaceships with a telescope.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Wow, pretty amazing!

Ignore the idiots that ooze out of the deep sewer, they should be on Ariana Grande Instagram than whining on here.

Keep us real enthusiasts updated.

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

First off, thanks for sharing: up:

Second, I kinda wish you would've just made a seperate thread for the UFO fleet, and you could have just mentioned or left a link to it. They can only really be examined individually, seperately, so this thread is like two threads occupying the same spacetime. Plus the UFO Fleet is just a reflection of a bunch of speckles of dust on the phone case, and the camera lens itself, but whether you agree with this or not, my other reasons are enough for this to have been a seperate thread.

Of course, you also have a reason or reasons to have done what you did and you had every right to do so and I respect your decision. I just wish you made it a seperate thread.

Anyway, the first link clarifies that there were 6 WEBCAMS shut down, which means A) we can probably verify this for ourselves, online, which is cool, and B) there may be some other, offline function of these telescopes still operating on site and perhaps it was only the public online access which was shut down, which is still concerning, but there may be a way to get someone on site to find out what's happening!

Again, thanks for sharing bud!

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Aside from the ahem questionable pics it doesn't explain why the FBI descended on this observatory and shut it down and removed everything from it. To me right there that throws a pretty big red flag up. Couple that with the UFO flap thats been going on in the last week or two...

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Looks like a door knob photographed with a flashlight. a reply to: wylekat

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ressiv

What is a haunebu fleet?

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brian4real
Pretty interesting!
Here's your pics for everyone else.

This was my first impression.

(I wish I had a filter to knock down the glare )

Here's a picture with my finger partially obscuring what I think it is .

I'm pretty sure it was a door knob Rose Cap. Look at the hole in the center and how the neck rises .

edit on 15-9-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join