It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA’s Dana Loesch Rants About ‘Thomas & Friends’ Characters, Puts Tanks In KKK Hoods

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: narrator

The point is the obvious attempt at racial pandering in a situation where it is obviously unnecessary.

There is a theme with you all.
Seems like change is bad.

A diverse kids show. Bad. Not necessary
A cereal company changes their slogan. Bad. Not necessary.
Neutral bathrooms. Bad. Not necessary

It sure does seem a lot of you would be happier in the 50s. That's how it comes off.

So many of you get so broken up about this little #.

Transgender
Pronouns
And on and on.

It's the same basic tone for the point of view.
Back in my day
In my dad's day

How far do we go back to optimum conditions?

link   

Generally, it isn't.

The point Dana was making is that nobody cared about race on that show until someone decided all the other trains were white people.

link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

She's an entertainer and this was an entertaining segment.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Transgender
Pronouns
And on and on.

I don't pander to the leftist wishlist of made up bull#. That must mean I wanna live in a Norman Rockwell painting.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: narrator
a reply to: projectvxn

Racial inclusion, not pandering.

If I were a 6 year old African immigrant and found out that my favorite TV show is going to have a train that comes from where I was born, I'd be psyched.

Why's that a bad thing?

It's not bad. It's just a change.
These people do not like progress.

You look at the cereal thread?
Lots of crying going on and it's all right leaning people. Cause a little girl wrote a letter.

The parents are being called bad parents.

Cause a mega company took note of a child's letter.

Its hilarious.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

It sure does seem a lot of you would be happier in the 50s. That's how it comes off.

I assure you, I would have been far happier in the 1950s. Society was sane, the middle class had the strength of a thousand suns, crime was punished, bull# was rejected, and fools were not suffered for long. I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

These people do not like progress.

Injecting racial tones where they don't belong is not progress.

You look at the cereal thread? Lots of crying going on and it's all right leaning people. Cause a little girl wrote a letter.

Why haven't you figured out that what makes NORMAL people upset isn't the diversity, it's the pandering BS, accusatory tones, and constant lying for the sake of the advancement of identity politics?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

She's an entertainer and this was an entertaining segment.

Her wiki says political activist.
Talk radio host
Author
Spokesperson for nra and by the way it used to be spokesman. Bad change.
Former editor for breitbart

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I just don't see what you see.

Sometimes yes
Not in these instances

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
And when the gays kept it in the closet, blacks were 2nd class and women had no careers.

That's also your special 50s

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I just don't see what you see.

That's fair, and I wish you had lead with THAT tone instead of following the MSM down what is clearly bull# alley.

They made the argument for her instead of allowing Dana to make her own case.

Sometimes yes
Not in these instances

The MSM created this one.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I did see it, but left pretty quickly. It's disturbing how easily people get up in arms about ridiculous things.

It seems like there's a feeling nowadays that everything under the sun is political, and you absolutely have to be upset about half of it, or there's something wrong with you.

People need to chill with the fake outrage. It's cereal (and a kid's show). They need to find something better to do with their lives than complain about a TV show most adults probably forgot even existed.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I'll repeat, if no one cared about race on the show, why does it matter now that there is a non-white train?

Being honest, if I would've personified the trains when I was a kid, I would've thought of them as white people. I'd guess most people would. Clearly they aren't people, they're trains, but again, it's a kids show. Kids have imaginations. If the show wants to provide an obviously non-white train so African-american children can feel included in imagining themselves as a train, this is not a bad thing in any way, shape, or form.
Someone that works for the show decided that they should probably make it obvious that not all of them are white, and added a Kenyan. Good for them.

This doesn't matter at all. It would've been nothing, had she not had her fake outrage moment, now it's a thing. People need to quit finding ways to be upset about everything.
This should be looked at as a positive change, for the betterment of the show, and by extension, the betterment of society. No one on earth should be upset that a kid's show says that one of their trains is Kenyan, and the fact that people are is ridiculous.

edit on 14-9-2018 by narrator because: spelling

edit on 14-9-2018 by narrator because: eta

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

I'll repeat, if no one cared about race on the show, why does it matter now that there is a non-white train?

Because they do care. This lady cares. The right wing nra dudes care too.

I do not believe them for a second when they say the issue is pandering. I could be wrong but it's what I think.

Do you think she would have done this if they added a Finnish train painted Finnish flag colors?
A nice pasty white train.
I don't think she would have been bunged up and neither would the members here

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

Again.
Way off
Per usual

And why be ashamed?
It's satire
It's comedy

I’m ashamed because she should have known that all it would take is a still image with those tanks in those hoods to defame us.
I think it’s more than your tears that are tiny and sick

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I'm straight, white, and my wife is a stay at home mom which affords us the joy of homeschooling our children... make of that whatever you will, but again, I'd have done quite well in the 50s.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

There was never a "white" train to begin with.

This is closer to Thomas the blackface engine.
edit on 14 9 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Talk radio host
Author

I'd say these both qualify as "entertainer," ya?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Dana Loesch is spot on with her commentary on the ridiculous nature of PC society.
Let trains be trains. We don't need black ones, white ones, muslim ones, chinese ones... they can just be trains.
Whoever decided they needed to make Thomas the Tank Engine more inclusive is a complete moron.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I'm straight, white, and my wife is a stay at home mom which affords us the joy of homeschooling our children... make of that whatever you will, but again, I'd have done quite well in the 50s.

Well other people are alive too.
Try thinking about everyone.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join