It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA’s Dana Loesch Rants About ‘Thomas & Friends’ Characters, Puts Tanks In KKK Hoods

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

NRA TV’s Dana Loesch attacked “Thomas & Friends” for introducing an African tank named Nia, going so far as to show the children show’s characters with Ku Klux Klan hoods on their heads.

During a segment on her show “Relentless,” Loesch criticized the kids program for adding girl trains and a character from Africa

In Loesch’s heated segment, the gun advocate was incredulous as to why a show like “Thomas & Friends” would need diversity. She called the move “awful” and said the tanks’ next stop is “Virtue Town” all while the banner below her read: “SJW’s now ruining childhood.”

i guess this is more of the change = bad thing

thomas was always gray and clearly male before.
bad change

oh a cereal slogan was changed cause a 10 year old wrote a letter
bad change

what is peoples problem?

are the same people that criticize a 10 year old(and her parents) for writing a letter because apparently she was offended going to criticize this lady for apparently being offended at a childrens cartoon?

i know i know. this is somehow different.

i an oh so interested in hearing how

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Why doesn't the offended party (whomever they may be) draw up their own children relative show with whatever trains they want?

Instead, as also in the cereal drama, we have this low risk, high reward behavior that stems from, IMO, some sort of virtue signaling or entitlement complex.

It's still a relatively free market and if someone has a better idea, they should capitalize on it.

For instance (hypothetical).

"I don't like your avatar. It's offensive and I'm offended. Now change it."

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I’m seriously trying to figure out what point she was trying to make by doing this. As a responsible gun owner I’m ashamed that people like this represent me in the eyes of the public.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

dont know man

as soon as the video started she said everything is terrible all the time

maybe the klan train makes it better?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I'm willing to bet this isn't at all what happened.

Dana isn't an idiot.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

looks like it happened

www.google.com... TF-8

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I'm willing to bet it didn't go down like they say it did.

CNN, HuffPo, and NYTimes lying about what she said isn't anything new.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

not willing to search around to try and prove otherwise though right?

just cry fake news

figures

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

www.usatoday.com...

www.kansascity.com...

www.yahoo.com...

www.rt.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

thehill.com...

fox43.com...

i guess if it is not fox news it must be bull#

i am open to the possibility it didnt go down like my link said.
i hope you show me othewise

would be cool to have a discussion instead of just eh, theyre probably lying

is it more suspect that the sites that are running the story are left leaning or that the right leaning sites are not running it?

i mean you can click the link and watch the video. you can see what she says. you can see the images

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Source

“Thomas the Tank is now bringing gender balance to the show by adding girl trains. Seriously. One of those trains, Nia, will be from Kenya to add ethnic diversity to the show,” said Loesch. “And — which that by the way, that’s where it gets really strange to me because I’ve looked at ‘Thomas and Friends,’ at their pictures, and I see gray and blue. Am I to understand this entire time that Thomas and his trains were white? Because they all have gray faces. How do you bring ethnic diversity?”

The screen switched from a train sporting what was supposed to represent African-style patterns and a feminine face, to a photoshopped image of trains on enflamed tracks wearing KKK hoods.

“Oh, was it because, I see it. It was the white hoods,” joked Loesch. “And the burning train tracks. OK, fine, fair point. Fair. I get it. Thomas the Tank Engine has been a blight on race relations for far too long. Clearly, this is overdue. Right? Seriously? With trains,” said Loesch towards the end of her rant, accompanied by the image of the ‘Thomas & Friends’ characters donning KKK hoods and seated atop burning train tracks.”

Looks like she was criticizing the virtue signaling going on here.

But characterize any way you want.

This is exactly why I am skeptical of these types of he said/she said stories. It's NEVER the truth.

They literally took satire and are now screaming wolf over it.

Screw your bull# narrative.
edit on 13 9 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

oh it was just humor.

ok

i will remember that and i ask you to do the same when some humor comes out against the side/people/values you think are important.

that figures to

first is fake news

then you post an article from a right leaning site pointing out this 'humor'

i dont know why i expect any different

did you watch the video?

maybe i just dont get her joke but i watched again. i suppose i can see her attempt at humor at the end

she is clearly pretty animated about the color of the trains and why the new one is from kenya.

cant really see that through the text though.

fold it up however you want

i dont think it really matters to you though one way or the other cause it is some nra chick on some pro gun right wing site.

before you looked around at all you dismissed it as fake then posted text from a right leaning site to give some weight to your opinion.

you could have at least watched the video and commented on it before taking up the defense.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I hope Mattel sue's the NRA.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

before you looked around at all you dismissed it as fake then posted text from a right leaning site to give some weight to your opinion.

I knew ahead of time.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

They literally took satire and are now screaming wolf over it.

Screw your bull# narrative.

hilarious

many people on this site view certain comedic and satirical things as a #ing crime.

you know its true.

the only reason youre cool with it is your an nra right wing type and you know it.

if this was some lefty laying some juicy satire down against some of your precious # you would feel differently.
i know you would but go ahead and say otherwise cause i know that is coming.

admittedly youre not as bad with that as many here but i lump you in just the same.

your first post proves my point. even if my article/post was way off which it really wasnt before you even spent a single minute to check it out you just dismiss it as bull#

you could have watched the video and we could have had a discussion.

as usual though the left leaning sites say this and the right leaning sites say that and we are divided again.
that is a constant

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I knew ahead of time.

bull#

your opinion is formed ahead of time based on the site and the subject and once you voice it you feel the need to defend it
edit on 13-9-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I follow Dana Loesch's Facebook page, which featured this article as a response to the criticism.

You realize I'm an NRA member and have been ahead of this a while now right?

Edit:

Also, if you're criticizing me for thinking your sources are horse#, then stay mad. Your sources are crap.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

You realize I'm an NRA member and have been ahead of this a while now right?

Edit:

Also, if you're criticizing me for thinking your sources are horse#, then stay mad. Your sources are crap.

i didnt know you were for sure but i figured you were

and i am not criticizing you for thinking my sources suck and i am not mad.

i am criticizing you for doing the usual

cry fake news
post your own #
call it something else

humor this time. no big deal
nothing to see

i am criticizing you because in my opinion you are making the usual move

nra???? im an nra dude. nra is right wing/leaning, i am right wing/leaning
DEFEND!!!!!!

whatever man.

points taken

i will just hang back and wait to see if anyone else wants to comment.
you and i are at a stale mate for sure.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

No we're not.

You were attempting to characterize the NRA in a particular light by following HuffPo down BS alley and deliberately taking satirical and sarcastic comments out of context.

It isn't a stalemate from where I'm sitting.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
This was in response to "are we to assume they were white to begin with ?" . Any race at all ?
In the name of all Holy , they are trains on a children's cartoon for gosh sake.....
How did a Kenyan train get to the location ? Trains normally cant traverse oceans.
Is it a legal immigration ?
Why did a Kenyan train move from Kenya ?
Will there be a "backstory" or just a mysterious thrown in event to appease folks in a preemptive way
Has anyone ever complained of the "lack of diversity ?" Or , is it a spontaneous event ?
Would it not be better to add a "lesbian Kenyan train" in the fashion that Sesame Street added characters ? That would assume that the rest of the cast were straight white caricatures .
In spite of the age group of the show is not aware of such yet ?

Again , another one reads the glorified headline (taken out of context) and does not read (with comprehension) the entire article and just runs with a thread.....

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I can’t believe this is real. If this is as you present it, this is shameful. As an almost radical believer in the second amendment I strongly denounce this person; she does not represent us.

Edit: I see it was satire. She was being a smartass. She should have known better. She is sabotaging herself and by association us. In this age we have to watch our p’s and q’s. How could she not know this would be used against us?
edit on 13-9-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join