It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook will start fact-checking memes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore
He lives in fear knowing the truth is out there.

You cant censor the truth forever Mark!!

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Speaking for the whole now?
It’s ok to look left and right before crossing the street.

I never claimed to have the answers but i am happy you see me that way.

a reply to: projectvxn

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
If this is true and they are unbiased,then I know of a dozen liberal pages with millions of followers a piece that will be censored and possibly shut down.....

But...... We all know that's not the case, so....... We'll see where this takes us instead

Liberal views are being censored as well. But you never hear about that when conservatives are talking about it. Weird.

Four of Facebook’s chosen fact-checkers—the Associated Press, Factcheck.org, PolitiFact, and Snopes—are widely trusted and nonpartisan. The fifth, the Weekly Standard, has generally high-quality editorial content with a conservative ideological bent. This week, the Weekly Standard used its gatekeeping role in an incredibly troubling way, declaring that a story written by Ian Millhiser of ThinkProgress was false, essentially preventing Facebook users from accessing the article.

Link

Social Media Companies aren't Liberal or Conservative, they're Capitalist

As a private company I believe Facebook has the right to sanitize themselves out of existence if they choose to. Most of the people who use Facebook now tend to be older anyways, so it won’t be long before they become the jitterbug of social media.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

I see you as someone who preaches like he/she has it all figured out. But when pressed:

I never claimed to have the answers

Of course not.

It's one thing to see the big picture, but to make false equivalence arguments where they are simply inappropriate for their lack of reality is not an enlightened position.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
No just sick of the left /right that inevitably making it to every single thread. No I don’t have it figured out and if my analogies stuck a cord with you so what. I am posting just like you hardly preaching.

I think you don’t like the way I covay myself or the way I post . We can agree to disagree

Just hate away

edit on 13-9-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: howtonhawky

You can't force people to not use Facebook.

Random statement.

Show your work as to the arrival to that statement based on my post.

Like a drunk wagon train goin off track.

I am saying that once a platform becomes a monopoly in that they control a majority of the access to such platforms then at that point they should be bound by the rules for all and not the right or the left.

It is wrong to create a giant based on the backs of the american people then once they reach a certain level they shake off one side or another in order to control the flow of politics and debate.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Don't get all sensitive.

I place blame where it goes. The left has a certain list of things that they feel are hills to die on. Most of which are exercises in controlling what others think.

This is just more evidence of this mentality.

Sorry you don't like that I point it out and dont hold back. Why should I? To preserve your notion of equally distributed blame for things only one side is engaging in?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Ok let me be blunt, we disagree obviously, you don’t care what I have to say,fine.
I don’t care if you can’t look left,read left,feel left thats all fine and dandy you do you and I’ll keep doing me.

Guess what I won’t force you to look left either no one is controlling you or even trying to. All that was said by me initially is that it’s good to take it all in from both sides and go from I didn’t say that you absolutely HAD too.

Let see some good memes too OC preferably

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I'm sure all of the kids on FB will whine and cry about losing their factually incorrect memes.

Surely grown adults wouldn't give a damn about something so ridiculous...would they?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Snopes is widely trusted and nonpartisan now?

And the Associated Press as well???

Buhahahahaha!!!!!

Thank you for putting a smile on my face for the day.

I'm going to go outside and look for other examples of how I woke up in an alternate reality.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Don't get all sensitive.

I place blame where it goes. The left has a certain list of things that they feel are hills to die on. Most of which are exercises in controlling what others think.

This is just more evidence of this mentality.

Sorry you don't like that I point it out and dont hold back. Why should I? To preserve your notion of equally distributed blame for things only one side is engaging in?

Most of which are exercises in controlling what others think?

How did you come to that specific conclusion?

Unless you are just making things up and talking out of your ass, I'd like to see some sort of source for that claim.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Let me get this straight. We're going to start fact checking memes...which are funny pictures with words that are trying to be funny/sarcastic/ridiculous/ LOL Does that mean we have to fact check jokes too?

This doesn't make any sense.

99% of memes are false...which is what makes them funny.

We'll have to get rid of every movie that's not 100% Factual too. We can start with the Terminator, Conan, Stripes, Blazing Saddles, Star Wars, Star Trek, The Expendables, Mission Impossible...
edit on 13-9-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

Oh yeah lets' burn all the books that aren't factual...The Bible, Twilight, Moby Dick, The Hobbit....

Man where will this end? LOL
edit on 13-9-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This is the crux of it all memes aren’t facts there a lot more like works of art or a fiction book, highly enjoyable but not nessisarly a depiction of any real thing.

a reply to: amazing

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Buhahahahaha!!!!!

I'm going to go outside and look for other examples of how I woke up in an alternate reality.

Says a person that calls anything left of far right liberal.

Please, go outside. I fully support you actually taking a look at reality.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

If it's facebook "book", they can burn it if they wish.

I think the entire thing is silly, but that is their right.

Just like I think it's silly that grown adults throw fits over the same social media that they are addicted to, but that is their right.

People are free to be hypocrites.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
FarmVille made Facebook.

Snopes approved memes will destroy it.

The circle is now complete.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
FarmVille made Facebook.

Snopes approved memes will destroy it.

The circle is now complete.

Animal Farm. . . Ville.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Lumenari

Buhahahahaha!!!!!

Says a person that calls anything left of far right liberal.

Please, go outside. I fully support you actually taking a look at reality.

Nice try sweety.

I call anything left of center liberal.

Which isn't really hard to call nowadays, what with liberals currently being about 20 miles left of Karl Marx.

Now clean the bubble you live in up and have a nice day on here!

edit on 13-9-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join