It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schoolgirl, 10, forces Kellogg's to change 'sexist' wording on boxes of Coco Pops

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
You agree then.
How much it bothers me is/was irrelevant, my point stands, and you agree.
Excellent.

For this reason, i think the sign on the room should be changed to 'parents with babies' , I would chasnge it because it would be a wider scope of people who would feel kinda left out but i really couldn't care less about wording on a packet of cereal which really wasn't there to offend Fathers who gave their children cereal in the morning. This is just one person... a vey miniscule minority. Did anyone else complain over the years? Nope!

or... "people" ( or Bronies, furries, so forth and so on so not to exclude everyone) who identify as "parents".

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

It's true what you say though... where does it stop? Every brand of cereal will now be looking at their wording and changing it before someone complains about it.

edit on CDTThu, 13 Sep 2018 12:45:45 -05000000003012x145x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Before you go too far, consider the OP has edited the OP..I believe it made reference to "lefties"

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Before you go too far, consider the OP has edited the OP..I believe it made reference to "lefties"

Before you assume (and the persons who starred you), you should RE-read my response and take note to where I said "...where EVERYONE on the right states...".

My response was NOT edited.

edit on 13-9-2018 by StallionDuck because: But this one was... I suck at spellingus

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I did mention 'lefties' in the OP but i deleted the word as some were getting upset. I thought I'd alter it to just read as 'loonies', that doesn't indicate anyone specific!

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

So what?
If they make out mothers are somehow superior to fathers in advertising then they can go # themselves in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Was it sexist? Maybe. At least the little girl was smart enough to notice.

This is why liberalism is failing.

When I first read this I got the impression it was sexist towards men to assume only mum prepares breakfast. Upon reading the comments I realize you all feel It's sexist towards women assuming they are the only ones shopping and preparing breakfast.

SJW's have made navigating the social landscape impossible without stepping on any number of landmines. This little girl is getting her SJW'ing from somewhere?

What we probably have here is two parents playing gender bias games with their daughter and this is the result... National news worthy.
*smh*

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Maybe you just have a little girl that loves her dad.

And wanted to make a change because her dad makes her breakfast.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

a reply to: JAY1980

Maybe you just have a little girl that loves her dad.

And wanted to make a change because her dad makes her breakfast.

Yeah... And that story made the news how exactly?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Exactly.
The mother bull# is just bull#.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Because it sells.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I did mention 'lefties' in the OP but i deleted the word as some were getting upset. I thought I'd alter it to just read as 'loonies', that doesn't indicate anyone specific!

See, it works! Someone voiced their disapproval, and you made a change. No one forced you to.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Because it sells.

Riiiiight.....

Who would you say sold the story? Parents perhaps? If so, then it's not just about a little girl who loves her daddy.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Obviously, since we're in agreement...

This is, there's no other word for it, insanity. I'm sorry, but what reason does a 10 year old girl have for even being bothered by something like this? One word: Parents.
edit on 9/13/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Maybe not.

I could care less about it, overall, though. It's just a topic for some people to deploy their virtue signaling (I offer that there are already five pages of comment as proof of that).

I still think that Cocoa Puffs are flavored rabbit turds, regardless. Delicious, delicious rabbit turds.

edit on 13-9-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I don't know. The story doesn't say.

Maybe it was from a press release by Kellogs.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Oh, I don’t know. Like I said before, some kids are just really smart and observant. My daughter figured out there was no Santa Claus by the time she was 4, even though her parents told her there was. Wanna know how she figured it out? She noticed on the back of the toys, it said “made in China”. Yep, she could already read, and she knew China wasn’t the North Pole.

Besides, I don’t think it’s so bad to come to the conclusion that moms aren’t the only ones who are in charge of buying the cereal. “Insanity” is a bit hyperbole. In the general scheme of things, this is pretty much a nothing burger.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

My husband pretty much makes breakfast for ours all the time. He gets up earlier and has the time to do it.

But the easy solution here is that Coco anything is horrible for your kids, and you shouldn't be spending the money to dump it down their gullets. If they aren't eating it because you aren't buying it, then they can't see the slogan to get offended by it.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: kaylaluv

Obviously, since we're in agreement...

This is, there's no other word for it, insanity. I'm sorry, but what reason does a 10 year old girl have for even being bothered by something like this? One word: Parents.

you should give kids some credit man

some kids are pretty perceptive and can figure # out all by themselves

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Yes, but most kids aren't going to think it's something that's going to offend people unless society around them has trained them to think they should be offended.

The idea that "moms approve" is a bald statement with no real connotation to it. There is nothing there like "Moms approve because they feed you your breakfast." That assumption is made solely by the person reading the statement. It's baggage you bring to the reading yourself.

Moms could approve for a lot of reasons that have little to do with who actually serves up breakfast. As this little girl is reportedly 10, who here thinks the odds are pretty good that she served up her own breakfast? I know I was getting mine by that age.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join