It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schoolgirl, 10, forces Kellogg's to change 'sexist' wording on boxes of Coco Pops

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It sounds like the company thought the girl's point that some people don't have moms was a good one. It only makes sense to change the slogan so that it relates to as many people as possible. No one forced the company to do this.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
i dont know i think good for her.

lots of men are moaning lately that they are being forgotten and not cared about. this girl thought hay wait my dad deserves recognition.
also this is small but maybe in the future this situation might push her to do more as an adult maybe it will encourage her to
work for human rights, defending persecuted people.

but come on shes defending her dad thats a good thing isnt it, shes acknowledging her dad has a role in caring for her. its a cant win situation if it was the other way round, as in she thought it sexist that the box said approved by dads, people would be shouting feminazi, feminist agenda stuff

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Time to stop this madness before it's too late or is it too late already? The loonies have been getting into childrens heads and changing their mindset... this is verging on the same level as 'mind control'. This 10 year old girl has managed to get kellogg's to change their slogan on a cereal box of 'coco-pops' because she said it was sexist to read the slogan 'approved by mums', she wanted it changed to 'approved by parents' as her dad made her breakfast sometimes and she said 'there are children out there who don't have mum's and they may get upset' but wouldn't they still get upset reading the slogan 'loved by parents'? What about the children who have neither? Won't they get upset? What about couples who can't have children? I think this girl hasn't thought it through well enough.

'Control their minds... control their future' should be a slogan on something..

And this is the next generation coming... this is what's being taught to children in schools and by parents.

She thought it was unfair because 'dads can make breakfast too' and it might be 'upsetting for people who don't have a mum'. So when her parents Anne-Marie, 48 and James, 47, told her to write and complain - that's exactly what she did. Her letter to the cereal giant was so convincing that Coco Pops boxes will now read 'Approved by parents' and be on the shelves in the near future.

www.dailymail.co.uk... annel=rss&login#readerCommentsCommand-message-field

Exactly. The box didn't read "Approved by mums. Dad's can't be bothered to give a F*CK", did it?

There is nothing on that box that eliminates dads from the sacred act of feeding their their kids sugar-coated cardboard.

Indeed the world is getting brainwashed into submission.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
It sounds like the company thought the girl's point that some people don't have moms was a good one. It only makes sense to change the slogan so that it relates to as many people as possible. No one forced the company to do this.

Yeah but some children don't have parents and some couples can't have children, so the slogan doesn't cater for all those people..

anyway, it's just irrelevant really to get all upset about it in the first place. It wasn't a slogan saying 'dads don't approve', it's just a slogan on a cereal box which people should just shrug off as meaning nothing offensive!

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: kerrichin
as in she thought it sexist that the box said approved by dads, people would be shouting feminazi, feminist agenda stuff

No... I don't think so.. we're grown up and don't take offense at silly things like this..

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Yeah but some children don't have parents and some couples can't have children, so the slogan doesn't cater for all those people..

anyway, it's just irrelevant really to get all upset about it in the first place. It wasn't a slogan saying 'dads don't approve', it's just a slogan on a cereal box which people should just shrug off as meaning nothing offensive!

And teach their kids what? Go with the flow. Don't rock the boat. Your thoughts don't matter. Or the opposite? Are we looking for a generation of thoughtless zombies?

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

There's been generations of thoughtless zombies for decades! I used to be one.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

And you're dissing this? Promoting more?

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

And teach their kids what? Go with the flow. Don't rock the boat. Your thoughts don't matter. Or the opposite? Are we looking for a generation of thoughtless zombies?

There's a difference between being a thoughtless zombie and thinking that if you see something like "mom's approve" that you need to move heaven and earth to get it changed because little Timmy in Podunk, Arkansas, will feel bad because he doesn't have a mom to approve for whatever reason, too.

It's enough that you recognize that not every kid may have a mom to approve, and you and your parents can discuss that and why it may or may not be a good thing or a necessary thing to recognize.

Our kid recognizes some things like that from time to time, but we also talk to him about how big the world is and how many different variations on life there are to try to satisfy.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Do you tell your kids it's okay to write a letter if they feel like doing so?
I think that is empowerment and a good thing.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

And you're dissing this? Promoting more?

But i wouldn't complain about this slogan, that is the difference. When I said I was thoughtless, I meant the education I took didn't do much for me back then, it made me stupid in fact with all this rubbish we had to learn when I wouldn't use hardly any of it in the workplace.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Did she really change the world or just an advertising slogan? Better if Parents teach the children to change the real world and not just some inconsequential adverts slogan.
edit on 15-9-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Well I wouldn't call effecting change and a worldwide discussion "inconsequential". This kid stood out. It's sad that more of this doesn't happen. Teaching our kids to not bother is stupid imo.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

This is just an example of brainwashing kids to follow the elitist doctrines. Agenda 21 will be their life and this exqmple shows that in spades. It does not give me hope for the future children to be unplugged and free.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
holy crap OP do you need a hug? clearly the state of the world has left you in a permanent condition of butthurtedness

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

This is just an example of brainwashing kids to follow the elitist doctrines. Agenda 21 will be their life and this exqmple shows that in spades. It does not give me hope for the future children to be unplugged and free.

Riiiight. Just get them kids in lock step right?

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

There's a difference between being a thoughtless zombie and thinking that if you see something like "mom's approve" that you need to move heaven and earth to get it changed

and the Razzie for most dramatic performance on a message board goes to......

KETSUKO!!!!!!

hahahahahhaha

1 child write 1 letter and you see that as moving heaven and earth.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

You are one to talk, you should go back and look at the threads you have made over the years.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

You are one to talk, you should go back and look at the threads you have made over the years.

yeah that me
mr drama

youve been here 4 months but youre hip to all my threads from over the years

ok

but we both know this isnt your first time around
does not change the fact that ketsuko and basically all of you crying about this are being dramatic cause a 10 year old write a letter.
thats the bottom line

even the headline

10 year old forces

hahahahah
edit on 15-9-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Muninn

yeah that me
mr drama

Yup.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join