It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien conspiracy theories swirl after FBI evacuates space observatory and refuses to say why

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

A conspiracy theory that proof of alien life is being covered up is swirling after FBI agents swooped on a space observatory, evacuated it – and refused to explain why or what has happened.

Alien conspiracy theories swirl after FBI evacuates space observatory and refuses to say why

the Independent is normally a decent UK newspaper
I am wondering how this is being reported in the USA it certainly does seem a strange story at face value with plenty of intrigue "The FBI were up there. What their purpose was nobody will say."
I for one would love to know more

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Lots of info on it in this thread....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: astra001uk

It looks like they shut down a post office that was close by too. Something might be going on in the neighborhood?

The puzzling closure of the observatory and the post office nearby has conspiracy theorists going wild with accounts of what happened. Vague statements from authorities have only thrown fuel on the fire.

sputniknews.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croemany thanks just how slow is the uk news

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Pretty good article you posted.

I was expecting much hyperbole but they stuck to the facts.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Solar flares/storm.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Ok, I know other threads are open on this topic but I don’t see this point being made...coincidence???

1. In 1947 sunspot observatory was constructed
2. In 1947 Huge rapid post war military reorganization
3. In 1947 the USAF was extracted and established from the army air Corp
4. In 1947 CIA established
5. In 1947 DoD or the national military establishment was created
6. In 1947 the largest number of us bases were established
7. In 1947 national historian established
8. In 1947 the Roswell crash occurred

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Its probably an easy explanation.

Most likely a women is in charge of the facility and she saw a spider in her office.

The only logical course of action is evacuation.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky
would love to know so much more though
it does seem strange that little information is out there at all apparently this happened last week and is further discussed here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

We just announced another military branch, this one for space. Russia just accused someone of space sabotage. This is about the same time. Can anyone say, race for space is ratcheting pace?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: bkfd54
Ok, I know other threads are open on this topic but I don’t see this point being made...coincidence???

1. In 1947 sunspot observatory was constructed
2. In 1947 Huge rapid post war military reorganization
3. In 1947 the USAF was extracted and established from the army air Corp
4. In 1947 CIA established
5. In 1947 DoD or the national military establishment was created
6. In 1947 the largest number of us bases were established
7. In 1947 national historian established
8. In 1947 the Roswell crash occurred

To be fair, WWII ended in 1945, which pretty much directly led to the Cold War with Russia. So, that could also explain the military reorganization, army air corp, CIA, DoD, and increase in the number of bases.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Well hey to be fair, aliens makes more sense than a CME, solar flare, or many other theories because those all would have hit already.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: astra001uk
a reply to: howtonhawky
would love to know so much more though
it does seem strange that little information is out there at all apparently this happened last week and is further discussed here www.abovetopsecret.com...

From what i gather the rosewell aliens needed a mercury environment to survive(200'murcury filled hole in the ground there) and since they have moved on to bigger and better homes.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Interesting yes, but not willing to take the leap to Alien territory.

Perhaps the facility saw Space technology it shouldn't have and they are securing the facility to gather additional information to prevent it from happening with others. Also the Chinese spying rumors could explain the evacuation.

Will keep an eye on additional facilities being shutdown or with suspicious activities.

Some things to look further into:
1. Was this a unique facility, if so what makes it unique?
2. Was this facility working closely with other facilities? If so, any strange activities with them?
3. Current funding , projects being worked on, recent discoveries, recent activities, recent visitors?

edit on 41930America/ChicagoThu, 13 Sep 2018 10:41:52 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
We have a member on the main thread driving to the location of the Observatory to take pics and try to get some information. All we have are speculations and the MSM is barely touching the subject.

Neither the FBI, the Sunspot Observatory or the Local Sheriff can tell anyone what's going on other than "evacuated due to security issues". Of course people will assume things.

Important to share that they closed without a warning, people didn't even had time to go back at their desks to grab anything. It's all too weird, and at this point I wouldn't believe any official explanation from the government.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

A spider with a suicide vest perhaps.

Seriously though you have to admit it is intriguing and bkfd54 makes some very interesting observations, of course it WAS also a time the cold war was really starting to ramp up.

Still could there be some kind of dormant government facility in the location mothballed until now that they are reactivating for some reason perhaps, it could also be a training exercise but evacuating a civilian observatory seem's very harsh unless of course they themselves wanted to use the facility for there own observation purposes, remember that weird shaped asteroid some of us believe was an ancient space ship due to it's elongated shape that passed through the solar system recently, maybe, just maybe it was not alone but ahead of a large fleet or something like that?.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Was this a unique facility, if so what makes it unique

I cant support it with a link but I read a comment somewhere that the only thing this facility is standing out from the other telescopes is that this is the only one connected to a sat, was sent towards the sun... does this make sense, I am not sure

edit: my apology, I found the forum where this comment was made. The user spoke hypotetically, never mind me...

edit on 13-9-2018 by szino9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Chinese hackers is my guess...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
of course conspiracy theories abound when people are not being told what is going on. when people just suspect that they are not being told the truth about something, that is more than enough to cause them. in this case we have a sudden and immediate closing of a facility, which also includes shutting down and evacuating non connected things like a post office and private homes, rather suddenly and without explanation. of course people are going to dream up reasons. and since the main facility shut down has to do with space, it is only natural that people will think it has to do with things like aliens.

the real question is just why it happened so suddenly, and why they are not really saying why it has happened? that just smacks as some kind of coverup. there is obviously something going on important enough to hide. something that is of interest to the FBI. something immediate enough to require what looks like some sort of spur of the moment raid, and immediate evacuation. the question is what. and without real information, people are naturally going to jump to their own conclusions. another question is what has happened to the people who were working there? you would at least expect a few people involved to say something. even if it's just something like, "i have no clue what happened. i was working and the FBI stormed in and took me out of the building saying it was closed". yet i don't recall seeing anything at all. not a peep out of anyone that would have been working there. so are they being held somewhere? have they been told they are not allowed to say anything, with the normal threats involved?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Not sure if covered already on this thread.

Shari Lifson, a spokesperson for the group that manages the facility—Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy (AURA)—told the Alamogordo Daily News: “We have decided to vacate the facility at this time as a precautionary measure. It was our decision to evacuate the facility.”

So they're either the responsible for the closure or they're covering up for the feds.

Alamogordo Daily News

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join