It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few words

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I wasn't sure where to post this so I decided here.

Many, if not all of you by now know of my unknown condition and am waiting for a heart.

With that said i want to put some words out here on ATS so one day, it may help 1 person.

Friends, non friends, and everyone in between.

Do not live your life worrying on what may or may not happen. Grasp every opportunity regardless of how small or big the opportunity is. If it scares you, do it twice. Life is short, cliche yes, but not until you are faced with your mortality do you actually take these words seriously.

Honestly, hatred is the worst emotion to be sucked into. There is no reason to hate anyone, or anything all there is, is being. Everyone is seeking their place and who are we to disturb anyones path by making it more difficult with hatred.

Dont take dreams for granted. Dreams are realities you have accomplished yet. Never sell yourself short, ever.

Mallory, one of my heros, and whose footsteps id like to follow one day to the top of everest if i make it that far once said in an interview after being asked why he climbed it, his response? "Because its there." You see climbers, like i was say we dont climb because its easy, we do it because its hard.

I have swore to myself if i get a new heart in time i will be the first heart tx recipient to climb both everest and k2, but that is a future story of my life to come.

What was the point in that? Things you want are going to be hard. They will challenge you, they could bankrupt you, make you rich, famous or kill you, but none of these are a reason to follow what you are passionate about. Some of the most passionate explorers, archaeologists, scientists etc have died for their passion, and why? Because they never gave up on themselves even in defeat. So never stop putting one foot in front of the next.

Finally. Love. Tell the people you love that you love them. They need to hear it. After my heart failure, coma etc i have become more close with my mum and dad than ever, because i realized how close i was to never seeing them again. I lay watching my fiance sleep all night sometimes as i dont want to pass without seeing her. So please tell your loved ones you love them..they need to hear it.

Lastly, the world is big. Explore it.

"The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark."

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Words to live by indeed!
I pray that you make it to Everest! My dream too. Maybe someday I'll see you on top of the world!

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsinthefog

Beautiful sentiment. You are brave and loving, that in your time of need, you are yet thinking of others. Godspeed on your new heart, and your mountaintop trek!

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsinthefog

Ummm...much as I like to believe that words have power...I think I have to admit that they do have power...but their power rather than move mountains...instead moves the heart...the mind...the emotions...

I would respond to your words that did move me with thanks...perhaps not equal to where you are in your equanimity...but of a separate...yet distinct gratitude...

Thank you for being...for deigning to choose existence at this time...in this place...so that your sojourn and mine might intersect in this moment that I might marvel at synchronicity...and how it can sometimes elevate us up out of our own circumstance or quandary...

Thank you

YouSir

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
With all the medical issues you are facing, you take time to give us your thoughts to guide us to have a better life.
Thank you.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Thank you everyone, and you are welcome.

There is so much I want to say, but when I'm trying to write it, like above, I struggle. I just have to many thoughts I want to share.

Smile, at every opportunity. laugh t every joke. fix any family issues, believe me its not worth it, swallow your pride, or forgive the wrong doing. Even if the last time you speak to them, just tell them you love them, so they know. If you see someone who looks upset, or broken in the street, or in public smile at them, sometimes a smile is all it takes. A man died from suicide by jump of the Golden Gate Bridge. in his suicide note he said if someone smiled at him on the way it may be enough to stop him... after 2 hours of walking up and down the bridge, not one person smiled or asked him what was wrong... He eventually...jumped. Don't be the person who doesn't smile.

Just be kind to one another. I accepted the fact my right side will die before I get heart, I'm -O and average size, average heart size and average chest cavity. I am not scared of dying, did that twice, you know what scares me, not being able to correct all the wrong doing in my life towards everyone. For now I will continue on, and likely to keep randomly writing here.

Love each other through differences, colour, faith, and personality clashes. I miss myself, I'm asking you to not lose yourself Sometimes I even think about asking them to remove my life support, but I can't to that to the few people I have, although I personally am ready. When I leave, when my heart stops for its final beat. know this. I love all of you, I am free of hate. Oh and when you guys finally figure out if reptilians exist please write it down, burn it and throw the ashes in the air so I an read it, but no wiki links allowed.

However, for now, I will keep on trucking on. There isn't aything else I can do.

I will write again.

Love
me.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Haven't you got that new heart yet? Maybe I might have to try praying and ask that you get is soon. Not much for praying, so I might shock the old man and things may fall into place.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Mallory, one of my heros, and whose footsteps id like to follow one day to the top of everest if i make it that far once said in an interview after being asked why he climbed it, his response? "Because its there."

Sir Edmond Hillary?
www.google.com...

Or Mallory, as in Mickey and Mallory from Natural Born Killers?
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 14-9-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Wish I would have found this yesterday when you wrote it Ghost. So much wisdom, inspiration and love in your posts.

I try to live my life with much love in my heart and never take anything or anyone for granted.

I have a candle lit for others who are struggling and will keep you in my thoughts and heart as well. You may be around for a lot longer than you think. Miraculous things have happened to people all over the world. You never know what tomorrow may bring. I hope you get that heart and soon.

I am glad that you have made this thread and will continue to check for updates.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   
pray for you

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Has anyone heard from Ghost???

top topics

join