It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the Eye of the Storm

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium

originally posted by: Groot
My 20 year old daughter evacuated this morning from Folly Beach and is safely nestle in the mountains of North Carolina.

I was living in Columbia when Hugo hit and went down a week later to help restore elevators in Charleston.

Stay safe !

Though out them all I never thought about leaving but this time..... not so sure. We have a small farm with chickens and goats and I just can't leave em. Also have around 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 honey bees (well, that may be a small exaggeration).

Pipestem State Park in southern West Virginia is giving a 55% discount until they run out of room.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

My 20 year old daughter evacuated this morning from Folly Beach and is safely nestle in the mountains of North Carolina.

I was living in Columbia when Hugo hit and went down a week later to help restore elevators in Charleston.

Stay safe !

Though out them all I never thought about leaving but this time..... not so sure. We have a small farm with chickens and goats and I just can't leave em. Also have around 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 honey bees (well, that may be a small exaggeration).

Pipestem State Park in southern West Virginia is giving a 55% discount until they run out of room.

How do they feel about bees?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

Stay safe !

How do they feel about bees?

Wellll….They have a camp ground. I guess it would be like bringing the dogs...maybe

edit on 9/12/2018 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I would probably clear the camp ground and have it all to myself. Well, except for the dogs, cats, goats, chickens, 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 honey bees and the family.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Good luck to you and your family. I trust you’ll do everything in your power to keep them safe. Godspeed.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

Thank you Ninja. I do and I will.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Best of luck to you and stay safe

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   
your friends are in my thoughts.
you are very kind thanks.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

As the butcher said the smoked ham 'hang in there.'

Stay safe-i've been through one helluva storm like this and when you say you've seen a landscape transformed,you weren't lying. If you can, strip or find light vegetation and dry it to make a fire, power will be out for a while. And if the water recedes help unblock the main roads of debris so emergency services can get through.

I won't offer any prayer but I will say the force is with you.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Imagine this week going by, day by day, inching ever closer to sure disaster. Like a man on death row awaiting his day, now just hours away....

Able to do nothing to stop it.
And I'm 110 miles inland and the hurricane expected to go right over the top of me. Where's those PEZ refills when you need them....lol.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

We have a small farm with chickens and goats and I just can't leave em. Also have around 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 honey bees (well, that may be a small exaggeration).

With what you described in the past, hope you have a place where they can be out of the elements during this. I know some folks just let livestock free range, but really, that depends on the surroundings. (and the chance of tornadoes throwing debris). I too typically stay to care for animals, so I get that. (I'm in FL). Heck, after the eyewall of Irma passed over one way, I went out to check on 'em, feed 'em, etc. and then just barely made it back in before the other side of the eyewall passed over.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Able to do nothing to stop it.
And I'm 110 miles inland and the hurricane expected to go right over the top of me. Where's those PEZ refills when you need them....lol.

Luckily, will be weaker by the time you get it.

But, all that bottled water you likely bought? FREEZE it. Once the power goes out, then consolidate the heck out of your cold stuff in the fridge, freezer, and then use the frozen water bottles to stuff around it all, every inch, if you can. I made our stuff last the whole 5 days this way, we were without power during Irma.

Have your candles ready, flashlights, etc. If you couldn't board up windows, tape the hell out of 'em. (will minimize flying glass if they do). Fill your tub, fill your sinks. Fill any garbage cans, storage tote boxes, etc. you can while water is still running.

If you have a cooler, use IT for drinks vs. the fridge. Use some of those frozen water bottles as ice in the cooler. (that way, you don't have to expose your food to just get a cold drink).

Assuming you have a vehicle, and a car cell phone charger, remember you can use that after the storm (just be sure to have the car run while you charge, periodically, to not drain the battery).

If you don't have propane, charcoal, etc., you may want to get some potential firewood and put it somewhere it will stay dry, in case you need it after the storm.

Stay safe, and once the storm comes, don't go outside.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Very good advice..

Also having a few extra gallons of water to manually refill your toilet tank..

I have also filled the tub with water before hand and used a bucket to refill the tank.

Good luck OP!

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
During Irma, I had to care for over 50 animals, while being out of power for 5 days (in addition to some acres, we have two sturdy barns/stables with multiple stalls. Mind you, we're also on a well system, so no power equals no running water either. But, we were prepared, and we did fine. While we normally have cats, dogs, horses, chickens, and bunnies....during the storm, we housed additional pets for family, friends, etc., including more dogs, horses, and even a pig and a monkey (monkey cage was in the tack room). Took me an hr in the morning, and an hr at night, just to feed them all, lol.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Live video feed, as storm comes in.

6abc.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Well here we go. Hope I have all the animals as secure as can be.
During Mathew (2016) I lost 9 goats.
I looked out the back window and saw a 80'+ tall pine starting to lean towards their barn. I took off and almost made it to the door, when the roots broke loose and it came crashing down in front of me. A very sad time but if it would have waited a few seconds it would have gotten me as well.
Thank you all for your prayers and luck. It is truly appreciated.
Quad

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

I hope you are safe right now.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein
Well the worst is over (for me at least]. Looks like NC took the brunt of the storm.
My thoughts and Prayers go out to all that have been and will be affected by this storm.
This could have been much worse and it's not over yet. Still looking at several inches of rain.
Be safe out there my friends.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
Good luck and I hope it is not as bad as they think.

Good luck and hope for thr best!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join