It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Media's Dangerous Influence on Strzok and Page

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
An interesting point about the Peter Strzok and Lisa Page text messages is the extent to which their alleged bias seemed swayed by the media. I don't think this has been given enough of a discussion it deserves.

As Strzok himself admitted at his hearing:

"In terms of the texts that 'we will stop it,' you need to understand that was written late at night, off-the-cuff, and it was in response to a series of events that included then-candidate Trump insulting the immigrant family of a fallen war hero, and my presumption, based on that horrible, disgusting behavior that the American population would not elect somebody demonstrating that behavior to be President of the United States.”

By "it was in response to a series of events", what he really meant was that it was in response to a series of NYT articles:

Page:

“[REDACTED] This makes me very angry. Donald Trump’s Confrontation With Muslim Soldier’s Parents Emerges as Unexpected Flash Point

Strzok:

Yeah I'm furious about it. Interwebs are on fire. [REDACTED]

Page:

Jesus. You should read this. And Trump should go f himself.
Moment in Convention Glare Shakes Up Khans’ American Life

Strzok:

God that’s a great article. Thanks for sharing. And F Trump.

Trump’s supposed so-called “horrible, disgusting behavior” was actually a minor comment he made about Ghazala Khan during an interview, in which he casually mentioned she might have remained silent on stage because she wasn’t allowed to speak, clearly mocking her religion. According to Strzok it was this “behavior” that convinced him to utter his now infamous words “we will stop it”.

The verbal exchange between a Republican candidate and a DNC supporter would be a non-issue outside of the media sensationalism of the 2016 election. But within it, it was the end of the world, or at least enough to convince some of the FBI’s top agents to see “horrible, disgusting behaviour” in what amounted to a minor political dispute. “We will stop it,” he replied.

The steady influence of the media on Strzok and Page, or at least their willingness to believe everything they read in the press, has directly contributed to the scrutiny of their jobs, and even to the questioning of the impartiality of the FBI. For example, with a cursory search of the messages themselves (queried for "nyti.ms" in the badly formated text version), they share links to the NYT 57 times give or take, and this doesn’t include links to the WaPo, Politico, the Wall Street Journal, CNN, Glamour magazine's Obama piece, and so on.

Here are some more simple examples:

Strzok:

What prompted the Trump comment last night?

Page:

Just reading the times.

Page:

And maybe you're meant to stay where you are because you're meant to protect the country from that menace. To that end, read
this:

Trump's Enablers Will Finally Have to Take a Stand

Strzok:

Thanks. It's absolutely true that we're both very fortunate.

And of course I'll try and approach it that way. I just know it will be tough at times. I can protect our country at many levels,
not sure if that helos...

Page:

A Powerful Russian Weapon: The Spread of False Stories

It was just an nyt article to you and jon about Russia.

Strzok:

Thanks a lot. This will definitely come up tomorrow morning too...

There are countless more examples of Strzok and Page using the press as a guiding influence. Their rhetoric, which increasingly resembled the character of teenage girls with each subsequent NYT article, were dangerously motivated by whatever showed up on their google news feed, many of which were opinion articles, and not the facts on the ground.

archive.org...
archive.org...

edit on 12-9-2018 by NiNjABackflip because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Let's see how your theory holds up when the rest of the texts are declassified .

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Let's see how your theory holds up when the rest of the texts are declassified .

The frequency with which they share articles with each other via text is strange to say the least. They seem more caught up in the news cycle than they are in their job.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

You know that Strzok/Page/McCabe/Comey COLLUDED with the "press" to create fake news and leak classified info. Right?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

The frequency with which they share articles with each other via text is strange to say the least. They seem more caught up in the news cycle than they are in their job.

Between texts, phone calls, e-mails, Strzok/Page couldn't have done much "real work" in their respective positions. Sadly, most higher-ups in government suck our tax dollars, without delivering much in return.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You know that Strzok/Page/McCabe/Comey COLLUDED with the "press" to create fake news and leak classified info. Right?

That would explain their surprise when they see an article from CNN regarding something they didn't leak:

Where’s this coming from?

First on CNN: Feds investigate Manafort firm as part of Ukraine probe -

www.cnn.com...

Yeah, don’t know. Heard or saw something about it yesterday too. At wrap Tues or Wed I think.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I didn't hear of any news articles that mentioned a "insurance policy ".

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I didn't hear of any news articles that mentioned a "insurance policy ".

I'm not sure what you mean.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Whenever you start your argument with "what he meant was" is the time to think really deeply about the premise.

You honestly don't know, so why lie?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Whenever you start your argument with "what he meant was" is the time to think really deeply about the premise.

You honestly don't know, so why lie?

Whenever you dismiss an argument because you do not like the way it started, it's time to understand how arguments work. Did you not read where I try to make the case? Why be daft?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Why aren't they Both in Jail Yet ? PEOPLE WANNA KNOW...........

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

They haven't been convicted of any crime.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

They haven't been convicted of any crime.

Not Yet I see . Give it Time . Crimes were Committed by Both of them .

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
November 6th is gonna be a real winner.

Seems half the voters might not even know or understand what's going on 💥😃💥

They are in the dangerous hands of the MSM.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Ya Comey and Page are leftist,

There is always an excuse for the things that leftists do.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted

Ya Comey and Page are leftist,

There is always an excuse for the things that leftists do.

They seem like Never-Trump Republicans.

new topics

top topics

join