It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The European Parliament voted to punish Hungary 448 - 197

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: TrueBrit

There are extremes on both sides, and I can see both of their arguments.

On one hand, I understand the fears of seeing the rise of radical nationalism.

On the other, when you have a governing body over your country dictating how many migrants you are going to take in, I can understand push back. That push back is not always a disdain of other cultures or people, but sometimes it's just the simple fact of trying to have economy stability. Bringing in people just for the sake of humanitarianism doesn't always work out just because you have the right intentions. If you don't have jobs to offer to help them assimilate and find stability, sometimes that move can be just as hopeless as where you left. It's better if we find a balance, relocate refugees ect. based off of who can help them get on their feet the fastest.

Sometimes I think the power struggle in opposing beliefs is what creates the extremes. If neither side is willing to compromise, then you will get more extreme push back from both sides. I think that is one source of the growing trend of radical nationalism, something history has shown us before. When you dictate to a country what they are to do, many times they will revolt in ways and have a national movement to push back.

Some see the EU was meant to be an economic trade zone to improve the wealth and prosperity of nations, not an economic refugee distribution system that forces every country into debt.

Others see the refusal to accept refugees as a return to the era before World War II, where nations partied while German families fell into debt due to extreme punitive war reparations. That in turn led to the Nazi party burning down government buildings, getting into power and putting the Jews and other minorities into concentration camps.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Refugees, migrants,asylum seekers....it's all politics and people are going to be fighting for a long time I'm sure.

You have to understand,

No one puts their children in a boat

Unless the water is safer than the land

Peace

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime
The overwhelming majority of migrants in the recent wave which Merkel encouraged were men of fighting age. Don't play the children card. Hungary knows it full well and it is why they built fences.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

But because we are talking about men of fighting age (nice wordplay there by the way) it is okay to treat them like animals...

“When they beat us, they were laughing with each other. The policemen, when they beat us, they are taking selfies with us.”..

Peace

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Yeah you keep hiding behind your claim to sovereignty, in a civilized world one does not defend this!!

Yeah, that's okay, don't worry, we understand - in a civilised world you would have received an education that helps you realise that beatings for illegal entry en masse without any respect for law & order into a sovereign nation which has every right to defend its borders is way, way worse than say, murdering your own daughter because she was gang-raped & therefore had 'committed adultery', wounding your utterly heinous BS conception of personal honour. And God knows, I could do this all day. You clearly have absolutely no idea, no knowledge, no understanding, no wisdom concerning what Islam (not the normal people trapped by its precepts within the prison of death that it constitutes) actually is, does, represents & intends to the world of humanity at large.

What a delightful culture! Sure,we should allow adherents of that culture ('total-life-enslavement-indoctrination-into-the-ways-of-evil' mind kontrolle system) to enter our nations by force or guile, creating a channel by which slightly more extreme agents forming the hardcore of that system (feared, tolerated, quietly supported by the remainder of the body-politik of Islam) can enter & set up sleeper cells which ultimately may be used to bomb a stadium full of little girls, killing & maiming & traumatising them in the most appalling ways.

I mean, who on earth would oppose a wave of uncontrolled invasion by an alien culture which among all others on Earth is literally the only one which has consistently, repeatedly, unashamedly, boastfully, joyously & unrelentingly behaved in this manner at a percentage-wise level so phenomenally high, so grossly statistically anomalous, that it can only have been created FOR THAT PURPOSE ALONE. The data doesn't lie, and I will call out any & all challengers to that data, to that reality of which I have spoken not one word of a lie. When compared to any & all acts of violence initiated by other cultures, it's so obvious that you would have to be certifiably insane on the grounds of delusional fantasy & mania, to believe otherwise, given the presentation of the facts. The BS which has been soun to excuse this behaviour by the politicians is so incredibly insidious it's almost impossible to believe that there isn't a force operating behind the scenes to inflame & increase the monstrous scale of the horrors which that system generates. Maybe Nazis, perhaps. Aside from whom (& it's the only explanation for some of the inconsistencies of the official story of geopolitical conditions at this time), we live in a world which has otherwise gradually & now largely moved on from tribalism & empire building, creating a remarkably & wholly in-the-ascendant, virtue-laden, multi-faceted, philosophically enlightened, rational & charitable global network of nation state societies**? Sure it has problems, but that's because we are flawed vessels, so that even the pure light of Heaven becomes tainted through assimilation into our mortal understanding.

**This is with reference to the peoples of the world, not their politicians. Politicians simply are at great risk of falling into the temptations of wealth & power, and so can in some cases be seen to reflect the worst of our human nature, a fact which is exaggerrated by the media because that's the nature of their role, and the whole thing gets amplified to the point at which shallow leftist thinkers believe that the words & actions of a few politicians are generally representative of the character of the majority of all such affiliated civilised nations.. They are not the people of the generally morally upright Western & affiliated states which comprise the modern world.

You are 'literally a communist', it seems, and an agent of the darkness which seeks to consume & extinguish the light. Inadvertently I imagine, and well-intended at the start.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AstralThundera
You clearly have absolutely no idea, no knowledge, no understanding, no wisdom concerning what Islam (not the normal people trapped by its precepts within the prison of death that it constitutes) actually is, does, represents & intends to the world of humanity at large.

What a delightful culture! Sure,we should allow adherents of that culture ('total-life-enslavement-indoctrination-into-the-ways-of-evil' mind kontrolle system) to enter our nations by force or guile, creating a channel by which slightly more extreme agents forming the hardcore of that system (feared, tolerated, quietly supported by the remainder of the body-politik of Islam) can enter & set up sleeper cells which ultimately may be used to bomb a stadium full of little girls, killing & maiming & traumatising them in the most appalling ways.

Do enlighten me oh fearmongering one...

Peace

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I don't care to be honest, if Hungary wishes to defend their border and use excess force then so be it.
We'll never find agreement on this so we may as well agree to disagree.
EDIT
Anyone who doesn't wish to get beaten up by Hungarian border force officials shouldn't sneak into their country, they should claim asylum at the crossing points. They don't want to live in Hungary, most want the UK and Ireland because English is their second language, not Hungarian, French, or German.
Hungary is doing the UK a favour and I'm fine with that. You obviously disagree, we will never find middle ground on this.
edit on 8-11-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Peace

Ah you did an edit...then so will I.

If you are only looking at Orban's policy on immigrants his little smokescreen is working on you. Maybe you should look into it a little more but to cheer these people on is borderline insane.
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoThu, 08 Nov 2018 10:36:51 -0600am3036201811 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join