It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The European Parliament voted to punish Hungary 448 - 197

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And I get that, all through the thread I was saying I understand where their argument comes from.

That said, I think the EU is dictating too much for sovereign nations, and that could create some of those countries and their people to take a very extreme stance to push back.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

The mental contortions used to argue are laughable.

Quite sad really where countries are slowly losing their character and culture and being turned into "just another PC, silenced compliant" market.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

And you don't think they haven't seen how well the migrants in question fail to assimilate into the cultures they move into?

It's one thing to retain facets of your culture when you move to a new place, but it's another thing to retain all of it and demand the natives adopt your culture and merely retain a few facets of their own culture as pleases the newcomers which is what is happening.

It happened to the Native American tribes in the US. They got overwhelmed by newcomers who did not assimilate their cultures, but retained their own and forced that culture on the natives who lost most of everything.

It's not wrong for Hungary to want to retain their own culture, not if it isn't wrong for other cultures to be allowed to keep their own cultures, and yet, here many are blasting that desire as 'dangerous nationalism" and "white supremacy" and some kind of "Nazi impulse."

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: szino9

I am calling them Nazi because that is how they are behaving. When they stop permitting and promoting the rise of white nationalism, which is the exact same thing as supremacism in effect, then I will stop calling them Nazis. Its pretty easy to avoid, so you have to be getting something very wrong to resemble that movement enough to be accused of being enamored of it.

That's right! How dare the citizens of a sovereign nation be proud of their nation's cultural identity!

Honestly though, I think they don't give two [bleeps] about what you call them.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Ah yes you're correct!

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
"Liberals, the EU, and in particular, George Soros scored a small victory today against the Hungarian prime minister Viktor Orban..."

After reading this i had a good laught, thought about the stereotype thinking of all the righwingers around the world, and stopped reading that rightwinger propganda article.

It is simple as the following:

If you want to become member of a club, let´s say a tennis or golf club, you have to accept the rules. If you just join the club to have free food, drinks and cigars the other club members pay for and you have nothing else to do than to break the rules, then you will be kicked out of the club. Think that´s logical.

Why is there no Hunxit, no Polxit? No Romanxit? No Czechxit? No Slowexit? Why do more eastern european states want to become members and why do the east european rightwinger members stay? Because of the EU money, which in huge part lands in the pockets of criminal families like the Orbans, for example. They use a bit of the money to get their countries from 1950 to 2000, at least so much that it looks like they arrived in the 2000 years.

Those that have tof their population spread around the world, as economic migrants, are the enemies of refugees, migrants and economic migrants. Not because their own population, their own people are in huge parts economic migrants in other nations, but if migrants come to their country. Poland is flooded by the ukrainians, and rightwingers are on the rise there. "God" beware if a refugee or migrant or, even worse, economical migrant with black hairs show up on the scene there, then we have 1933-45 again, just in the wrong country this time.

And there are not only a few migrants from hungary living everywhere in europe and around the world, too. Or citizens of all these modern east european rightwinger countries, you can find them everywhere, easily, outside of their countries, working in other countries. Isn´t that paradaox if not even perverted, to act like the Nazis then?

If these rightwinger states don´t want to follow the rules they accepted to become member, because of all the advantages and all the easy money, then they should leave and pay all the money back, money they used to build their little Neonazi states, and nothing else. That was not one of the rules, to do that, to become fascist, to become anti-democratic.

Those, that would stick still in the 1950´s, poor as church mice but act now as if they achieved something for their backwards countries on their own and not just because of the EU money, hate other poor people now? How perverted is that? How stupid is that? How stupid is it to blow good money in their a$$es? For hating those that give them the money to be at least a little bit of something.

Man, before Orban every european was proud of Hungary, because they played a key part to bring the wall down, as we are told. And look now what hungary became, a hypocritical(when others do it here, it´s bad, if we do it elsewhere, it´s ok), fascist rightwinger country, under the rule of the kleptocratic Orban clan.

Nothing we need again in sane europe, we had that experience and we learned from it. We had to learn that rightwingers, fascists, Nazis and Neonazis never can be any good for any country. If others in other parts of the world didn´t have that experience yet and don´t want to learn from history, they will have to learn it the hard way then. Bad luck with that!

And sane europe should fight that east european and neonazi fascist cancer wherever it breaks out , like the silly european minority of rightwingers fights "Ausländers" and everybody who thinks different than the rightwingers, neonazi fascists!

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Good points to be honest, Hungary has had loads of money from EU net contributor nations like the UK, and their own people are economic migrants throughout the EU lol.

I can understand why they don't want loads of non EU immigrants though, especially of the Islamic faith. You seem to want them in Germany though so good luck with that.
Oh and good luck with trying to force the UK to accept its quota, that ain't happening thankfully.
Which is why they are camped at Calais...Britain builds fences as good as Hungary, although Britain is a net contributor to the the EU...I bet you guys will miss our money lol

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I will tell you this for nothing.

The entire EU had better learn to give a bleep what we call them, because you see, they would have been SCREWED if it weren't for us, not just during the Second World War, but every day since. The UK is one of three nations currently within the EU, which have been paying sixty percent of the total defence bill together. Without our third of that, the EU, including Hungary, will have less money to spend on defending its borders than it ever has before. Also, if we leave the EU, as it certainly seems we will, the money we spend on our OWN defence, will be, assuming our government is taken over by the correct people, focused on nations like Hungary, Italy, any nation which permits white nationalism to go unchecked in a serious way (above a certain percentage of the population).

They will learn to give a bleep, because if they decide they can feel free to start the Fourth Reich in Hungary, they will be taught that they are mistaken, at the end of a bayonet if necessary.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Your support for the pseudo-Nazi regime in Hungary has been noted for future reference.

Whats that got to do with anything? Ironically its a brownshirt style to dogear someone with possible future heresies.

Are you insinuating Szino9 is a closeted nazi just waiting to pop open, or is he like most people with practical belief systems that are supportive of a sovereign government making legal, sovereign decisions?

Not only that, but to punish the whole country because of it?

Next they will pinpoint leaders of countries to be tried under EU court for not having a bleeding heart for economic migrants.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Are you sure Hungary is against non white people though? It seems to me it's more about keeping people with a crazy faith which doesn't integrate out.
I don't blame them, have you ever been to Muslim council estates in places like Bradford?
Absolute unfriendly #holes, evil eyes from men in pyjamas, spitting on the floor in front of you, thank # for the full burkha because all the women can do is give evil eyes.

Give me a street full of rabid Christians Hindus or Sikhs anyday over rabid Muslims...even Jehovas Witnesses if you can believe that lol

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

They will learn to give a bleep, because if they decide they can feel free to start the Fourth Reich in Hungary, they will be taught that they are mistaken, at the end of a bayonet if necessary

I would like to think you are not talking about the population of that country, because if you do, you are just the same as the people you hate so outspokenly...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Its pretty easy to avoid, so you have to be getting something very wrong to resemble that movement enough to be accused of being enamored of it.

I'm saving that one for future reference. It will come in handy for the next "The Royal Family Are Reptilian Pedophiles" thread.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

LMAO! Hungarians aren't white, they're predominantly Eurasian. Any nationalism they show will be Hungarian nationalism, which is admirable and should be encouraged as part and parcel of the benefits of being part of a sovereign nation.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: szino9

They will learn to give a bleep, because if they decide they can feel free to start the Fourth Reich in Hungary, they will be taught that they are mistaken, at the end of a bayonet if necessary

I would like to think you are not talking about the population of that country, because if you do, you are just the same as the people you hate so outspokenly...

We'll save them from becoming Nazis ... by acting like Nazis.

If the irony wasn't so thick, I'm sure this bayonette would cut it.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Nice to know you consider yourself arbiter of political opinions, fear, and toxicity.

I'm glad fascists don't hide themselves.

Yes, sorry everyone for super bump. I let my emotions and desire to respond overtake my sense of prudency.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Yea, the agenda is pretty transparent. Globalization of everywhere. The long term effect is quite damaging as eventually no country is a true "homeland" to anyone, and that's clearly the goal. Problem with that is that it slowly undermines the authority of a Nations government as more and more cultural sovereignty is lost. Social cohesion goes away and is replaced by suspicion and loss of respect and confidence in the institutions of governance undermining civil society.

We didn't vote for it, but the elites decreed it and this is what they reap. They obviously haven't thought this through.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Just heard that the UK 'left' Labour party are moaning that our 'right' government didn't vote against Hungary lol, did they really expect anything different.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

The leftists are always moaning on about something. It is just what they do. That and look for non-existent Nazis under every bed and around every corner.

Its becoming a bit tiresome actually.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   

To be fair, I see plenty of whining and whinging from 'the right' as well nowadays.

Seems to me lots of people are predisposed towards moaning regardless of political and ideological leaning and partake in very little actual doing.

This obsession with left v right is really becoming very tedious, is extremely divisive and achieves nothing but help maintain the status quo.

edit on 17/9/18 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

"This obsession with left v right is really becoming very tedious, is extremely divisive and achieves nothing but help maintain the status quo."

Which is precisely why TPTB work so hard to agitate to maintain the divide. By constantly throwing gasoline on the fire, they have created entire generations of people addicted to outrage. Instead of debating actual policy ideas, people are goaded to flaming on at one another. So for example, repealing Glass-Stegal type banking controls might actually be a bad idea, but no where is it discussed. You are quite correct. By maintaining the divide, widening it, etc., TPTB are left free to rob the country blind, hollowing out the economy in the process.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join