It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The European Parliament voted to punish Hungary 448 - 197

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: szino9

I am calling them Nazi because that is how they are behaving. When they stop permitting and promoting the rise of white nationalism, which is the exact same thing as supremacism in effect, then I will stop calling them Nazis. Its pretty easy to avoid, so you have to be getting something very wrong to resemble that movement enough to be accused of being enamored of it.

The inverse would probably be a sovereign country having outsiders demand how to run their own country, they probably have a strong word for that too.

I don't know enough about Hungary to form an opinion, though I have seen articles stating it is very far right at this point, possibly to the point of extremism.

There is a difference with trying to control variables and xenophobia. But not being able to control variables do to an external government could certainly push people to not even being open minded to some of the demands.
edit on 12-9-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: TrueBrit

promoting the rise of white nationalism

What you call white Nationalism others in Europe call it protection of their cultural heritage.

You've swallowed Soros's poisoned chalice for Europe

Truth. If the EU isn't satisfied with the amount of immigrants Hungary takes in, they're essentially saying Hungary isn't a sovereign nation that can determine it's own laws. Which is basically the reason the EU was formed in the first place; to force liberal politics and erase borders.

The Nazi argument is tired and idiotic.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

He cracked down on immigrants, the media and the educational system . Those are the blueprints for the liberal Power. Taking over the education system is there a plan for holding power .

We need to go after those three things just like Orban.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

What you call white Nationalism others in Europe call it protection of their cultural heritage.

Truth. If the EU isn't satisfied with the amount of immigrants Hungary takes in, they're essentially saying Hungary isn't a sovereign nation that can determine it's own laws. Which is basically the reason the EU was formed in the first place; to force liberal politics and erase borders.

Not necessarily, this is part of what quite literally set the stage for the Nazis to come into fruition. The international community came down on Germany, eventually they became disgruntled and propped up an extreme ideology for their country.

Just because we know history doesn't make us immune to repetition. That's why it is important for everyone to act responsibly and hear each other out. Dismissing other ideas/beliefs can set the stage for it to manifest into something more extreme should there be no offer of compromise.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: szino9

I support anyone against the tyranny that became of the Europian Union lately...

It's called the Tyranny of the Majority.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: surnamename57

I support anyone against the tyranny that became of the Europian Union lately...

It's called the Tyranny of the Majority.

indeed, and it has been proven perfectly today in Strasbourg...

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
"You're not doing what we told you to do, so we're not going to let you have any voice in the rules we make for you anymore."

Remember, the European Union started off as a trade agreement. Look what it is turning in to.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Good. I hope the EU does sanction Hungary. Once they make an example of them, Italy and Poland would realize they are next and probably quit the EU. It wouldn't surprise me if some of these East European countries actually reenter the Russian orbit voluntarily.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Bravo.
Ignore the idiots who cry Nazi every time they don't get what they want.
The real Nazi's are those that seek to push their ideologies and policies onto nation states.
The EU is toast. It's a dying rotting carcass.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

edit on 9122018 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

Good. I hope the EU does sanction Hungary. Once they make an example of them, Italy and Poland would realize they are next and probably quit the EU. It wouldn't surprise me if some of these East European countries actually reenter the Russian orbit voluntarily.

Hungary is a landlock country of central europe. Calling it eastern europe is nonsense. also, hungary was never part of the soviet union, quite the opposite, they were invaded and opressed by them after WW2 untill i think 1986 when they finally were able to kick them out politically not by conflict...

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth
Thanks man, but I dont think of them as idiots. They are slowly become what they hate without realising it, its a slippery slope...

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

Hungary is a landlock country of central europe. Calling it eastern europe is nonsense. also, hungary was never part of the soviet union, quite the opposite, they were invaded and opressed by them after WW2 untill i think 1986 when they finally were able to kick them out politically not by conflict...

I didn't say Hungary was Eastern Europe or Italy or Poland either. I suppose I should have explained the post in case someone like you came along and read it.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54
Yes you should have. Since you directed your comment to me and I wrote the OP it was certain I will read your comment at one point...

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Correction:
He has supped from Soro's poisoned fountain of fail with a cup of epic proportions.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

This is how WW3 will likely begin. Hungary and Poland will eventually get tired of the EU's garbage (including the garbage migrants the EU is trying to force them to accept) and will leave the EU. The EU will push back because, on the outside, neither country has the sway of a UK that will allow them to leave the EU without Brussels trying to bully them back into subservience. When that happens, depending on who is in the White House, Hungary and Poland *may* find themselves supported by a very, very powerful ally and the EU may finally receive the ass whipping they so greatly deserve.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
I see a bit differently. Both countries, Hungary and Poland, are the members for another group, the Visegrad four, which is a huge trading market for the EU. Not to mention, the V4 located in the middle of Europe/east Europe. In my opinion it would not be benefitionary for the EU to lose these members...

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
Poland and the UK could easily form another pact...mad though if history repeats itself!
edit on 12-9-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Hunexit

They need to go. Make a trade deal with the UK

Start an econinical EU not they bully in the block EU that’s their now

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

Not necessarily, this is part of what quite literally set the stage for the Nazis to come into fruition. The international community came down on Germany, eventually they became disgruntled and propped up an extreme ideology for their country.

Just because we know history doesn't make us immune to repetition. That's why it is important for everyone to act responsibly and hear each other out. Dismissing other ideas/beliefs can set the stage for it to manifest into something more extreme should there be no offer of compromise.

At the same time, the Hungarians were very recently part of the not-so-distant Soviet Union, and they have not-so-distant memories of an unelected, unaccountable body of bureaucrats telling them what to do.

It was a large part of Soviet policy to subdue regions by resettling large numbers of foreign nationals from other Soviet states into local populations in order to break down cultural identities. This has been most recently seen with the trouble in Ukraine over the Crimea. Many who lived there had been recently moved there under Soviet rule and were not culturally/ethnically Ukrainian. It weakened the region's loyalty on the whole.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join