It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Borderline Personality Disorder!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I have borderline BPD apparently, going to see someone in a couple of weeks. I hope they are wrong!
I do have trouble controlling my anger, but not towards other people, it's usually something silly doesn't work properly like my phone etc

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Seeing dogs were mentioned I though I would mention this. I suspect parasites can cause these mood changes

www.mindbodygreen.com...

Trouble sleeping, skin irritations, mood changes, and muscle pain can all be caused by the toxins that parasites release into the bloodstream. These toxins often cause anxiety, which can manifest itself in different ways. For instance, waking up in the middle of the night or grinding your teeth in your sleep are signs that your body is experiencing anxiety while you rest. When these toxins interact with your neurotransmitters or blood cells, they can cause mood swings or skin irritation.

www.sciencedirect.com...
Toxoplasma gondii: from animals to humans

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight
No friend, I have anxiety and panic disorder.

I can drink it away for 10 hours.

No rage, no freak out.

We all have problems, but that # is something else.

edit on 12-9-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Where does it come from?

Sometimes purely genetic, but a very bad childhood is a cause.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
In SA, there's probably entire communities like this.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

I heard for professionals, it takes years to diagnose BPD. So I can imagine that as an uninformed (as in, not psychiatric or psychologic trained) it would take two decades...

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The lady is the posters wife’s mother, they aren’t hanging around they are related and neighbors.

How’s your perfect life going? You also have some choices to make.

a reply to: Parishna

edit on 12-9-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Looks like an interesting and informative thread. I have subscribed and will return this evening when I have more time.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I know people like this.

BPD?

No, they're just arseholes or as I like to call them, just another human.

I've had girlfriends act like this. Irrational jealousy etc. Seen other couples go through the same thing.
None of them had BPD, it was just their personality period.
They did have these things called emotions though. And well sometimes they get the better of us.

What makes me wonder though is why any one stays with these people. Often it's not a one off event, and often I see such people not behave that way once they are dumped and move onto a new partner.

When I've made it clear such behaviour would not be tolerated and I would walk if it continued it stopped.
I'm not known for idle threats. I always follow through.

If it was a mental disorder then surely it would always be present regardless of partner choice?

Do some people have BPD? Probably. But the majority of people you see like this it is just their personality. Nothing borderline or disordered about it.
The only disorder to them is how they behave and letting their emotions get the better of them.

I honestly wonder though how many of these labels are just an excuse for poor behaviour and a desire for certain people to not have to take any responsibility for themselves?
Not that I am discounting those who have real BPD's.
If anything it annoys me that the people who misuse such terms take away from such peoples real struggles.

I see many such 'disorders' these days, that only seem present when those with them are around certain people, but are strangely non-existent around those who won't tolerate it.

Have a former friend who is bi-polar when she is around her flatmate/carer who waits on her hand and foot while she lays in bed all day watching netflix, her psychiatrist, and our governments welfare agency Centerlink who gives her a disability pension and the facebook friends that pat her on the head and say "you poor thing".

But she would be totally fine when she would come stay and visit with the wife and I for weeks on end and when it was time to go to AC/DC concerts etc. generously paid for by we tax payers.

Too bipolar to work, but fine enough to run her own business from home I'm sure the government is unaware of.

Same for many kids who allegedly have ADHD. Amazingly need medicating when at home. But have no problems when with me, because I don't sit on my backside shrugging my shoulders and nothing else when they're being turds.

Amazing how a clip around the Ear hole from an adult willing to discipline seems to cure them of their ADHD instantly Vs. the meds they're on.

Wonder how many adults would be cured of their disorders by a clip around the ear hole also?
A lot of them I reckon.

edit on 12-9-2018 by AtomicKangaroo because: typo or two

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I did a thread on here a while back asking for advice.
My wife suddenly started acting completely insane one day.

I dug around and found BPD to be the issue.
Once I wasnt public enemy number one anymore I finally got her to go see a Dr.
Sure enough thats what she was diagnosed with.

Its hard some times....very fricken hard.
No matter what you say, do, or how sound your logic is in explaining something...Nope, your the bad guy thats suddenly out to get them.
Walking on egg shells is a good book to read in dealing with someone you love having BPD

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
it felt like i had it while watching

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

Borderline Personality is not, and should be confused with Bipolar.
Firstly the one is classified as a personality disorder, while the other is a mood disorder.
Not on the same spectrum.

To put it simply, bipolar highs or lows can last for days or weeks.

BPD seems explosive to most people.

But, observers may find in one hour they have extreme mood-swings.
It's not a thing that goes over days with extreme highs or lows.
It pops up.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damla
it felt like i had it while watching

was watching that clip...the 9 signs...my daughter has it.....we have gotten to a good place and happens rarely...she had one recently......

1. the lead up..gets slightly irritated over something minor

2. once an episode starts there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING you can say that will make sense to them to get them to stop it....in public I say I am leaving and go to the car

3...an hour later she is calm and happy going about her day as if it never happened......this is good but the change is so
fast and so TOTAL it is UNSETTLING...the fast total change of behavior is SO striking,like someone throws a switch

she had not had one in 2 years did not recognize the little irritaion....we were at home depot looking for a part for my ceiling fan..can't find it...she goes off on me swearing and yelling saying we barely looked....the thing is we looked in the whole area......so what they say when they are in the middle of a blow out does not match what happens

edit on 12-9-2018 by research100 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2018 by research100 because: added sentence

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
BPD may also have other lingering symptoms.

They change their appearance, and even their names regularly.
Hence big fans of piercing and body-art.

Or most infuriatingly, they tell everyone your name.

It's like they lack an identity.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) goes by a much more descriptive name EMOTIONALLY UNSTABLE PERSONALITY DISORDER which is used by the World Health Organization. It is a very serious mental illness that causes much suffering for those with the condition and those who have to deal with them. But, what if Donald Trump also suffers from BPD? He appears to display eight of the nine diagnostic criteria for this condition. I explain this at TrumpsBrain dot net and in my book “Faultfinders: The Impact of Borderline Personality Disorder.” This condition appears to better explain his severe emotional instability, pervasive anger, and splitting people into those who are all-good versus those who are all-bad better than narcissistic and antisocial personality disorders which he also appears to be suffering from.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

such things doesnt happen to you?

maybe these types of things happen to somebody else all the time.
edit on 12-9-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo
I know people like this.

BPD?

No, they're just arseholes or as I like to call them, just another human.

I've had girlfriends act like this. Irrational jealousy etc. Seen other couples go through the same thing.
None of them had BPD, it was just their personality period.
They did have these things called emotions though. And well sometimes they get the better of us.

What makes me wonder though is why any one stays with these people. Often it's not a one off event, and often I see such people not behave that way once they are dumped and move onto a new partner.

When I've made it clear such behaviour would not be tolerated and I would walk if it continued it stopped.
I'm not known for idle threats. I always follow through.

If it was a mental disorder then surely it would always be present regardless of partner choice?

Do some people have BPD? Probably. But the majority of people you see like this it is just their personality. Nothing borderline or disordered about it.
The only disorder to them is how they behave and letting their emotions get the better of them.

I honestly wonder though how many of these labels are just an excuse for poor behaviour and a desire for certain people to not have to take any responsibility for themselves?
Not that I am discounting those who have real BPD's.
If anything it annoys me that the people who misuse such terms take away from such peoples real struggles.

I see many such 'disorders' these days, that only seem present when those with them are around certain people, but are strangely non-existent around those who won't tolerate it.

Have a former friend who is bi-polar when she is around her flatmate/carer who waits on her hand and foot while she lays in bed all day watching netflix, her psychiatrist, and our governments welfare agency Centerlink who gives her a disability pension and the facebook friends that pat her on the head and say "you poor thing".

But she would be totally fine when she would come stay and visit with the wife and I for weeks on end and when it was time to go to AC/DC concerts etc. generously paid for by we tax payers.

Too bipolar to work, but fine enough to run her own business from home I'm sure the government is unaware of.

Same for many kids who allegedly have ADHD. Amazingly need medicating when at home. But have no problems when with me, because I don't sit on my backside shrugging my shoulders and nothing else when they're being turds.

Amazing how a clip around the Ear hole from an adult willing to discipline seems to cure them of their ADHD instantly Vs. the meds they're on.

Wonder how many adults would be cured of their disorders by a clip around the ear hole also?
A lot of them I reckon.

You raise some good points that I agree with, but not the one about your friends etc. You could well be right, that they have no mental condition and are just not very nice people, that's quite possible 👍🏻
But to say you know for sure there is nothing wrong with them is pure ignorance I'm afraid, unless I am wrong and you are a trained psychologist? Otherwise it's just your opinion and an assumption, nothing more.
I only mention this, because it sounds like you might end up saying the wrong things to someone who DOES have a genuine illness, and that could have a devistating effect afterwards that you probably won't even know about.
And symptoms aren't always there at all times, im not sure where you got that from.
With respect
FA 👍🏻
edit on 12-9-2018 by FinallyAwake because: My thumbs are overweight

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
A letter from people with Borderline Personality Disorder.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

ok.this made me laugh

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Damla

It made me cry.

My oldest friend, just from nothing, screams her way out of your life.

And you can't do anything - you're completely helpless.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join