It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missed this place!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Hello all,

Was member a long time ago on this site but forgot password and old email address is now defunct. Shame to lose that but happy to be back.

Seems conspiracy subjects have hit mainstream now. Greatawakening seems to be a rage but, I will tell you I think ATS beats that because this place lets the shills keep shilling and taking their beating as shills. As critical thinkers we must still see opposition as it either strengthens our own research and argument or keeps us straight ourselves if we fall into group think and ignore valid arguments.

As it will probably become apparent through my posting, I am a veteran among other varied experiences. I try to approach things in life based on my past experiences and knowledge but also try to ensure I don't box myself into a certain mindset which would make me an easy target for lies.

I like to know the truth in the world around me even if I don't like it!

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Strate8
Hello all,

Was member a long time ago on this site but forgot password and old email address is now defunct. Shame to lose that but happy to be back.

Seems conspiracy subjects have hit mainstream now. Greatawakening seems to be a rage but, I will tell you I think ATS beats that because this place lets the shills keep shilling and taking their beating as shills. As critical thinkers we must still see opposition as it either strengthens our own research and argument or keeps us straight ourselves if we fall into group think and ignore valid arguments.

As it will probably become apparent through my posting, I am a veteran among other varied experiences. I try to approach things in life based on my past experiences and knowledge but also try to ensure I don't box myself into a certain mindset which would make me an easy target for lies.

I like to know the truth in the world around me even if I don't like it!

Welcome back! What was your former user name if you don't mind telling us...

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
A very warm welcome (back) to you, Strate8. Looking forward to your contributions---seems good common sense is your calling card.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Strate8

Hi, and welcome! I enjoyed your intro and am looking forward to hearing more from you!

See you on the boards

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Welcome back Strate8 !

Look forward to reading your posts .

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: manta78

My old user name was ActivePatriot

I would be happy to work with mods to regain that!

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Strate8

My old user name was ActivePatriot

I would be happy to work with mods to regain that!

I hope they do. And again welcome back fellow Texan! I found one of your old threads here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't think we will ever see our state with no property tax; I am thankful however that there is no state income tax. I am sure if the
state ever goes blue (God forbid) that they will try to change that right off the bat.
edit on 9/12/2018 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Thanks for the welcome from a fellow Texan!

Have to say I'm not native but been here a long time now. It's honestly the people that make this place great. (I've lived in nicer looking places before lol)

Hurricane Harvey many people forget how that affected the whole country in a positive way. At the height of the divisive BLM movement where everyone is supposed to dislike each other. Harvey hits Houston and people watch on national news people from every background come together and help each other out. Was so proud to be Texan during that. We had 10 people gutting my co-workers house after the flood and constantly people coming by offering us food and water. Worked for days with people I never met before, strangers even that were not neighbors helping pull sheetrock, insulation, etc... to save houses and belongings. Local government needed help, even asked us citizens for it. They said be safe but if you have boats and training we could use the help. We felt empowered to help others, was awesome!

That thread was blast from the past! I was big on the fight against runaway appraisals back then. Fought my property taxes and local corruption at the appraisal district back before it was "cool" lol.

Would love if they went to a state sales tax and abolished property taxes altogether but doubt that will ever happen. Would be the fairest tax across the board from low income to high.

top topics

join