It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly FIre Exposes Wealthy Mans secret underground tunnels in Washington D.C.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

BETHESDA, Md. (AP) — The wealthy stock trader took elaborate steps to conceal the network of tunnels beneath his house in this Washington, D.C., suburb. Even the young man helping him dig them didn’t know where they were.

A hole in the concrete basement floor led to a shaft that dropped down 20 feet (6 meters) into tunnels that branched out roughly 200 feet (60 meters) in length.

A police report says Beckwitt told investigators how he tried to preserve his project’s secrecy when he brought Khafra there. Beckwitt said he would rent a car, pick Khafra up and drive him to Manassas, Virginia, where he had the younger man don “blackout glasses" before driving him around for about an hour. Khafra spent days at a time working, eating and sleeping in the tunnels. He had his cellphone with him, but Beckwitt used internet “spoofing” to make it appear he was in Virginia, according to Montgomery County prosecutor Douglas Wink.

Deadly FIre Exposes Wealthy Mans secret underground tunnels in Washington D.C.

I don't know what motivates "Debunkers" to keep telling us that no secret Tunnels of the Elite exist in Washington D.C. when evidence of them just keeps inadvertently popping up.

More from the article:

“These are the lengths the defendant went through in order to hide the truth from Askia Khafra as to where he was and to maintain the secrecy of these tunnels,” Wink said during a May 31 hearing.

Given the extreme secrecy, I don't believe the story about a Nuclear Bunker. A bunker is for protection. Tunnels are for transportation.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   
The people and house involved:

Source

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Okay now that is an interesting story that’s a lot of effort to maintain security excessively so in my eyes....

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
yeah seems really odd especially how the guy did it.

But really what does it prove? Its not illegal to make tunnels I dont think? I could be wrong, as long as it was on his property.

For all we know he could have been a crazy prepper making tunnels towards a future bunker.

Odd story nonetheless

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

But really what does it prove? Its not illegal to make tunnels I dont think? I could be wrong, as long as it was on his property.

For all we know he could have been a crazy prepper making tunnels towards a future bunker.

Odd story nonetheless

I’m sure the city planning commission might have some things to say about, I’m sure they’d want all kinds of crazy permits to do that kind of subterranean construction, perhaps he was just trying to avoid all the red tape and the HOA freaking out on him.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Odd story nonetheless

There is a prosecutor on the case so there appears to be some legal issues

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

Odd story nonetheless

I’m sure the city planning commission might have some things to say about, I’m sure they’d want all kinds of crazy permits to do that kind of subterranean construction, perhaps he was just trying to avoid all the red tape and the HOA freaking out on him.

He probably just wanted tunnels to his favorite stores and work so that he could avoid human interaction and traffic signals along the way.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Odd story nonetheless

He probably just wanted tunnels to his favorite stores and work so that he could avoid human interaction and traffic signals along the way.

Hey now that you mention it, anyone want to volunteer to dig a tunnel from my place to the nearest house of disrepute?

There is a prosecutor on the case so there appears to be some legal issues

Could that just be related to work condition and or any local laws being broken in said construction? That may be reaching a bit but I’m sure they could levy all kinds of fun charges aganst him...

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

My point is just because there are tunnels doesnt mean its nefarious.

Thats all

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

He sounds like he was on the wrong side of OCD and other disorders:

Beckwitt lived alone in “extreme hoarder conditions,” forcing the men to navigate a maze of junk and trash, Wink said. The tunnels had lights, an air circulation system and a heater powered by a “haphazard daisy chain” of power strips that created a fire risk, the prosecutor said.

It'll be interesting to see if he was a regular user of Class As and weed because he sounds classically paranoid:

Wink said Beckwitt had a “paranoid fixation” on a possible nuclear attack by North Korea. Beckwitt’s lawyer compared his client’s concern to “the days of the Cuban missile crisis.”

The guy was living in permanent anxiety I reckon. Tunnels and hoarding his garbage. Too rich to do his own digging though lol.

Tunnelling is illegal in most places because your neighbours amateur tunnels can cause your own foundations to collapse. Whole mash-up of disasters can happen when people dig big holes and tunnels under homes, pipes, grid-lines.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

Here's the thing.

If you are comparing this fellows two man construction project, rigged with an utterly improper lighting and power system, largely hand hewn from the ground, without any apparent safety mechanisms in place to keep people within alive in the event of an emergency, to what people have suggested exists, like miles long tunnels, cut by massive machines, complete with transit systems, underground generators, solar chimneys, and hydroponics for food stock growth, owned by the worlds wealthy...

Its like comparing Mad Max's car, to an F1 racer. They are not the same object.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Here's the thing.

If you are comparing this fellows two man construction project, rigged with an utterly improper lighting and power system, largely hand hewn from the ground, without any apparent safety mechanisms in place to keep people within alive in the event of an emergency, to what people have suggested exists, like miles long tunnels, cut by massive machines, complete with transit systems, underground generators, solar chimneys, and hydroponics for food stock growth, owned by the worlds wealthy...

You leave the “road warrior” out of this or so help me god I will send random finger paintings of birds to your residence for the rest of my life.

Don’t test me bro
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Hey, I am casting no shade here. I have massive respect for the vehicular overlord that is the mighty metal steed of the Road Warrior.

But, put simply, that thing is never beating an F1 car around a track in a straight up race.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   

a reply to: Allaroundyou

Hey, I am casting no shade here. I have massive respect for the vehicular overlord that is the mighty metal steed of the Road Warrior.

But, put simply, that thing is never beating an F1 car around a track in a straight up race.

But the driver will have guns! One good hit to the block will render the car useless. But in a straight up race.....yes it will.....I hate to say it, lose.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Okay now that is an interesting story that’s a lot of effort to maintain security excessively so in my eyes....

If I had the land and resources to build my family a secure, well stocked bunker for the event of a SHTF situation, I'd maintain secrecy too.

When you have shelter, food and water, fuel, energy and medical supplies, and others have none, keeping heads down and lips sealed would be a smart move.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

If I had the land and resources to build my family a secure, well stocked bunker for the event of a SHTF situation, I'd maintain secrecy too.

When you have shelter, food and water, fuel, energy and medical supplies, and others have none, keeping heads down and lips sealed would be a smart move.

It is always good to have a plan.

I have a place near area 2 and maps of abandoned roads and railroad tracks from the 60’s to reach it. I have friends that have the same maps and we have way points all across North America. So if something was to happen we have options and plans in place.

I don’t blame the guy but being in that area and doing what he did is cause for concern.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   
He should have just bought 40 acres, buried a bunch of old school buses sort of thing.

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Here's the thing.

You leave the “road warrior” out of this or so help me god I will send random finger paintings of birds to your residence for the rest of my life.

Don’t test me bro

edit on 11-9-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Here's the thing.

That makes too much sense.

Didn’t you hear the keywords?

Wealthy, lives in DC and.... TUNNELS!

If he votes democrat it’s the unholy quadropoly!

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

The first month of Trump I saw a thread here about Hillary people turning into doomsday preppers already over it.

Didnt you???

edit on 11-9-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Preppers are elite pedos now apparently.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join