It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google exec email may show Google used resources to help Democrats

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
sure did put a lot of effort into losing, guess enough people are pissed off they decided they didn't care

this is just the first installment, wait until inflation really takes hold

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Grambler

I'm glad that you're now of the opinion that social media, search engines and the like can influence public opinion. So watching the video, I can't help but notice Tucker Carlson starts out the segment with a line of bull# about "a couple dozen Facebook ads" which is of course not at all accurate. Must be a little mind rending for him to walk the line between being dismissive of a well funded and staffed foreign influence campaign and sounding the alarm on the potential for undue influence by tech execs using the very same platforms.

Ah, who am I kidding? Tuck's a pro.

So it's not really clear the nature of the relationship from the excerpts. I didn't hear any evidence of manipulation of search results. Who was the email sent to? Seems like that would be important. But if there were services performed for free, that would seem to represent an in kind donation and be a violation of campaign finance. Not that campaign finance violations are a big deal, amirite? (kidding)

What I wonder though, is if these were services that were paid for or not. I say services because there's a clear insinuation here that not only was there a campaign finance violation but that there was some manipulation of search results beyond the type of microtargetted advertising that all of these platforms make their money from — and I didn't hear anything that indicated that.

To that point, here's how the author's position is described:

The email we obtained came from a woman named Eliana Murillo, the head of the multicultural marketing department.

So the person who would be ultimately responsible for among other things, marketing targeted specifically to Hispanics. Let me share with you something that I've shared before here on ATS.

Facebook "embeds," Russia and the Trump campaign's secret weapon

Brad Parscale: Well, we had our-- their staff embedded inside our offices.

Lesley Stahl: What?

Brad Parscale: Yeah, Facebook employees would show up for work every day in our offices.

Lesley Stahl: Whoa, wait a minute. Facebook employees showed up at the Trump headquarters --

Brad Parscale: Google employees, and Twitter employees.

Lesley Stahl: They were embedded in your campaign?

Brad Parscale: I mean, like, they were there multiple days a week, three, four days a week, two days week, five days a week --

Lesley Stahl: What were they doing inside? I mean --

Brad Parscale: Helping teach us how to use their platform. I wanna get --

Lesley Stahl: Helping him get elected?

Brad Parscale: I asked each one of them by email, I wanna know every, single secret button, click, technology you have. "I wanna know everything you would tell Hillary's campaign plus some. And I want your people here to teach me how to use it."

Lesley Stahl: Inside?

Brad Parscale: Yeah, I want 'em sittin' right next to us --

Lesley Stahl: How do you know they weren't Trojan Horses?

Brad Parscale: 'Cause I'd ask 'em to be Republicans, and I'd -- we'd talk to 'em.

Lesley Stahl: Oh, you only wanted Republicans?

Brad Parscale: I wanted people who support Donald Trump from their companies.

Lesley Stahl: And that's what you got?

Brad Parscale: Yeah. They already have divisions set up that way.

Lesley Stahl: What do you mean?

Brad Parscale: They already have groups of people in their political divisions that are Republican and Democrat.

The Clinton campaign paid Google millions of dollars, just like the Trump campaign. How do you imagine a letter from somebody from one of the teams embedded with the Trump campaign might sound?

You really should have posted the entire exchange from the article. It was quite interesting. The part where Lesley Stahl asked leading questions regarding Russian "meddling" was particularly amusing.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I agree too with the comment about 'The National Enquirer'. They are private and can publish what they want. Because of what they choose to publish, I choose not to purchase their paper. Not everyone though dislikes what they publish which is why they continue to be in business.

If you do not like Google/Android or Apple, you can always choose to 'Bing it', 'Yahoo it' from your Windows Phone, LG Web OS phone or Blackberry.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This comparison between the enquirer is ridiculous - google provides a-z capture from devices to portals to steerage to counter control.

If the enquirer provided you with a car "android" devices drove you it's own store "google" on "fiber" and "chrome" and then presented you with only it's products "search results"

Then has control over counter news sources, moving them down and out of the way.

The total effect of this is much greater than seeing a single magazine you know is garbage, imagine if that was all you could read.

I do alot of social media marketing and my greatest wish is for a cool looking candybar phone with access to none of them.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Looks like illegal campaign finance violations to me

Those Democrats pose a far greater threat to this Republic/our political processes than Russia or any other country possibly could.

At least this explains what all that money Hillary's campaign spent on shadowy tech services went toward (including one with strange pyramidal logos) and Orwellian "Correct the record"

Pretty sad when you're such a well known crook that you need to hire something called "Correct the record" 🙄

Is this POS behind bars yet?

edit on 9/11/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I'm glad you caught the BS with Anti.

It sounds like Trump's team paid Google and Facebook people to teach them how they could use the platforms for themselves, which would be legal.

It looks like Google took it upon themselves to manipulate search results and or targeted ads to sway the Hispanic votes. At best they broke Campaign finance laws. At worse they attempted to tamper with and sway the results of an election.

Why Anti would reply with that crap to your OP is beyond me and sounds like desperation.
edit on 11-9-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: theantediluvian

You're so full of crap it's coming out of your ears. You're comparing ads on Facebook and Twitter with Google's search engine? Seriously?

I don't know a single person who takes anything they see on Facebook or Twitter seriously, but easily half the country believes whatever Google tells them.

Your strawman argument is nonsense.

He's a professional forum writer, its his job.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

First of all, you should learn what is, and what isn't "campaign finance money." When a candidate pays from his/her own pocket an extortionist like Stormy (in case you didn't know extortion is a crime) that is not a campaign finance violation.

Second of all, even if google was allowing "Republican/conservative employees" to help out the Trump campaign, how much do you think that matters when the algorithms used by google were only helping one candidate(Hillary)?

BTW, are you even aware to the fact that conservative/republican employees of social media/search engine giants like google have spoken about how they are being discriminated by their employers because of their political opinion?...

edit on 11-9-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

He's a professional forum writer, its his job.

Remember that under Obama "shills" were being paid to plague blogs, and websites that have a sizeable audience to spout left-wing "influence" and... What was it that the Obama officials called it?... Something about "spouting the official narrative that helps the left, and putting it forth as the truth."

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
I don't think there are any repercussions for trying to get people to vote.
I don't think there are any repercussions for a company for trying to get people to vote the way they would like, as long as they did not try and buy a vote or force someone (duress) to vote a certain way.

I could be mistaken, but I'm not sure what law Google would have broken...

Spouting lies about candidates, shadow banning conservative/republicans... It is called discrimination and an attempt to silence opposite political opinion.

You know, like Hitler did, like Stalin and Lenin did. Like what the castro brothers have been doing. Like what is happening in Venezuela and other nations in which the left has control...

Spouting one narrative while hiding, and suppressing the opinion of political opponents is illegal. At least it is in the U.S... Until democrats/the left decides to make it a non-crime whenever they regain control of the house, the executive branch and the senate.

Over the last, what 2 years now?, the left has been attempting to use several tactics to suppress the right, and make it "illegal" for conservative/independent media that disagrees with the narrative of the left to publish in websites and social media. The left has gone so far as painting "the right" as all being nazis, and racists. Even left-wing media like Catro's News Network, CBS, MSNBC, etc have called for the left to be violent against "conservatives/republicans and anyone who would dare support POTUS Trump.

Yet, we see almost no one in the left protesting this obvious discrimination and fascist attempt to silence and "shadow ban" the right. Only a few voices of reason in the left like Alan Dershowitz, and Mark Penn have spoken against all this authoritarian tactics being used by the left and the rich Liberals who control social media and the left-wing media.

edit on 11-9-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Google has an agenda and they create algorithms to further that agenda.

If you google images of American inventors......well....

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
POSTED TODAY:

VIDEO of Google Executives bummed out and angry after President Trump beat Hillary.

www.rt.com...

It's no wonder that every "important" piece of news pushed to my Android by its Google operating system, is ANTI-Trump or ANTI-America.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
So what else is new?

We already know Hollywood, the entire LEFT and the Dems are all anti-Trump.

Whether this is all a grand scheme, I don't know but they MAKE IT APPEAR AS THOUGH TRUMP IS OPPOSITION.

Who knows. Everyone keeps lying all the time.

In the meantime, there's this:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

So Google is as bad as the collusion they blame on Russia? Boy, sure hope this blows up in Google's face!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join