It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any members with eczema? Please chime in.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Do you happen to be along the Gulf? Many of us dealt with similar after the spill. Only thing that seemed to work was cutting out gluten for some reason (but don’t think that was related to the cause) and I lived on Benadryl. I dealt with it for 3 years. Sucked but it’s beeb fine for a while now.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Doesn’t sound like excema to me, with it being so randomly dispersed over your body, but I’m not a doctor. See the doctor first before applying creams

If you do use a cortisone cream, the idea is you apply a small amount to the affected area about three times a day until it heals, then stop. You don’t keep slapping on this cream after it heals. I don’t use a prescription one now because it’s mostly gone away. I use polysporin for excema.

Harsh chemicals can irritate it. Stress is a trigger.

Your really need to get this checked out properly. It could be anything really. You might be allergic to something.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I don't know what your's is, but my sister had/has eczema really bad when she was younger.

I remember her having to use special ointments and having to wrap the bad patches in saran wrap over the ointment to sit for a while. I remember she worked as a lifeguard specifically because the dermatologist told her to get lots of sun to help keep it under control. I remember her skin used to get an almost patchwork look to it.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Uggg!
I've been dealing with eczema for over 30 years. Everyone is right, stay the heck away from the steroid creams. What the doctors didn't tell me or my mom way back, was that it will thin your skin.
I have what I call "traveling" eczema, as it moves to different parts of my body.
I really don't believe there is currently a "cure" for it, just managing it.
Summer is always better, as yes, being out in the sun helps a ton.
But something else I found, thanks to a friend, really, really helps in the winter, with flair ups.

Making a lotion out of Plantain. It is easily found, at least here in MI, it's all over my yard.
I tend to really itch, in my sleep. So I rub some of the lotion on, before I go to sleep, and feel so much better in the morning.

I'm sorry anyone has to go through this. It is not a good time.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Sorry I know this won't be too helpful to you but mine was only a little itchy when I was younger, now it doesn't bother me so much except my shoulders do itch from time to time, and due to the irritation when I was younger, I'm missing spots on both my eyebrows in the same location on each eyebrow because I rubbed them off and then I guess they couldn't grow back there. >

Hopefully yours will get less itchy. Try Eucerin cream.

-Alee

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
now leave! aĺl of you!

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Eucerin! That's one of the things they always had to use for my sister.

We also couldn't ever have anything with any kind of artificial fragrance in it -- like soaps, shampoos or detergents.

I always try to buy her a nice bar of all natural, fragrance free olive oil soap as a stocking stuffer every year.
edit on 11-9-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I don't have eczema but all my kids did. It does not at all sound like what you have.

Yours sounds like mites or dermatitis.

If it is dermatitis, it is similar to dandruff. A quick thing to try is to use apple cider vinegar to rinse off with. (dandruff is caused by a fungus).

I agree with everyone else that said watch diet, get more fresh water and also remember to try to reduce stress.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Eucerin! That's one of the things they always had to use for my sister.

We also couldn't ever have anything with any kind of artificial fragrance in it -- like soaps, shampoos or detergents.

I always try to buy her a nice bar of all natural, fragrance free olive oil soap as a stocking stuffer every year.

That is the same problem I have,I am allergic to perfumes and soaps. I can only use Dove and Dial,Dawn(original scent)
Fragrance free laundry detergents and fabric softeners.I will look into that olive oil soap.My allergy has caused me to
develop asthma in my later years.I have found that using a spoonful of organic honey with a splash of tabasco sauce
helps me when I am exposed to perfume.I haven't had to use my inhaler for a couple of years now.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Lightdhype

Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream

This can knock it out...once twice a day for just a few days...and Poof! Ask your doctor.

It works. Psoriasis, excema..etc etc
edit on 11-9-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Kamza

Hey there - would you mind expanding on the permanent side effects of steroids? I am fresh back from the dermatologist. Sure enough - he prescribed me 3 various steroid creams - mainly to keep myself from itching and allow it to heal. (He did tell me to not ever use it for more than 2 weeks max)

He actually did not want to call it Eczema. His theory was a main rash beneath my belly button is caused by a nickel allergy, and that the various resulting rashes are 'sympathy rashes.' If I can clear up the initial rash beneath my belly button, the rest will go away. I was also prescribed an antibotic soap and lotion.

On a #tier note - he also cut out and removed two moles to send in for a biopsy as they worried him melanoma wise. One on my back and one on my scalp. Im still bleeding on my back.

As for the 'thing' on my thigh? He took a culture sample of it to send to the lab to test for MSRA for it or whatever. Then also referred me to a general surgeon to have it surgically removed as he believes it may go pretty deep.
edit on 12-9-2018 by Lightdhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: nicevillegrl

Actually yes. When this first developed, I lived right on the Southern Alabama gulf coast and went to the ocean frequently. With an open leg wound. Stupid I know. Thank god I did not get a flesh eating bacteria and thank you for the information nonetheless.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
One more note - I was looking in the grocery store for remedy creams - I settled on Bag Balm actually. Mainly because it seems more natural and has been around since the 1800s.

That stuff has healed the rash beneath my belly button more in two days than anything else has over a months time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join