It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unisex changing rooms put women in danger

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Nothing stops a man from dressing up as a woman and going in the women’s restroom, regardless. There are some big, ugly ass women out there, so sometimes it’s kind of hard to tell. Unless you want to have someone at the door checking everyone’s “junk”.

Funny how no one here cares about offending trans people, but are so easily triggered when something negative is said about males in general.

It has nothing to do with "being triggered", but it does seem you are the one being triggered since your argument is that "only males can sexually attack anyone."

Have you already forgotten all the news articles that have been shown in these forums showing that there are trans people, and even some gay people who also commit sexual harassment? Even women can commit sexual harassment. But in this thread you proved that you only want to blame "heterosexual males" for sexual harassment. That's discriminatory and stereotyping.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Just look at the statistics. 90% of sexual assault victims are women being assaulted by men. Based on the statistics, I am not out of line for being concerned.

If I were a trans person, the statistics say that I am more likely to be sexually assaulted then a non-trans person.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Just look at the statistics. 90% of sexual assault victims are women being assaulted by men. Based on the statistics, I am not out of line for being concerned.

If I were a trans person, the statistics say that I am more likely to be sexually assaulted then a non-trans person.

We can't argue with statistics and facts. Actually, a trans-person may still remain at 6' 4" and 280 pounds and expect to be recognized as a woman.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

You forgot one important word: "90% of reported sexual assault victims are women being assaulted by men."

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I don't know 1 liberal idea that thinks about future consequences.

They are so radical is scary.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Really?

Well, typically its liberally minded people who are trying to stop the eventual extinction of the human race, at the hands of big oil, fossil fuels generally and the petrodollar, the many headed beast that is currently trying to steal the future from the entire species. Its liberally minded people who are standing at the brink of history, and reminding the human race that we have, at most, another billion years left on this planet (probably less), even if we DON'T manage to kill ourselves with nuclear war, or by damaging the environment beyond its ability to sustain our lives any longer. Its liberally minded people who are focused on our long term survival, such that many of us recommend pushing the species into the multi-planetary civilisation phase, rather than accepting the limitations of living and breeding on just one space rock, orbiting just one star.

Its liberally minded folks who are stepping up and saying "Actually, no, the correct measure of how well an economy is doing, is how well those at the bottom of the earnings tables are doing, and has nothing whatsoever to do with how the markets themselves look", because long term health in an economy relies on people who have the least, still having the spending power necessary to avoid destitution, feed themselves, and keep themselves in good enough health to avoid expending resources on hospital bills they will NEVER be able to afford.

Whether you are talking about the next hundred years, or the next billion, its not conservatively minded people trying to solve these big problems, because realistically speaking their investment portfolios rely on the sorts of things that need to go the way of the dodo, in order that the human race is even PRESENT to suffer the trials of the distant future. You are literally suggesting that the people who know what the problems are and want to solve them, are the people who have no long term goals in mind, and that is not only demonstrably the OPPOSITE of the truth, but LAUGHABLY so. Its almost satire, the level of irony in someone calling out liberal folks on that basis.

What are you playing at, exactly?

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Really?

Well, typically its liberally minded people who are trying to stop the eventual extinction of the human race, at the hands of big oil, fossil fuels generally and the petrodollar, the many headed beast that is currently trying to steal the future from the entire species. Its liberally minded people who are standing at the brink of history, and reminding the human race that we have, at most, another billion years left on this planet (probably less), even if we DON'T manage to kill ourselves with nuclear war, or by damaging the environment beyond its ability to sustain our lives any longer. Its liberally minded people who are focused on our long term survival, such that many of us recommend pushing the species into the multi-planetary civilisation phase, rather than accepting the limitations of living and breeding on just one space rock, orbiting just one star.

Its liberally minded folks who are stepping up and saying "Actually, no, the correct measure of how well an economy is doing, is how well those at the bottom of the earnings tables are doing, and has nothing whatsoever to do with how the markets themselves look", because long term health in an economy relies on people who have the least, still having the spending power necessary to avoid destitution, feed themselves, and keep themselves in good enough health to avoid expending resources on hospital bills they will NEVER be able to afford.

Whether you are talking about the next hundred years, or the next billion, its not conservatively minded people trying to solve these big problems, because realistically speaking their investment portfolios rely on the sorts of things that need to go the way of the dodo, in order that the human race is even PRESENT to suffer the trials of the distant future. You are literally suggesting that the people who know what the problems are and want to solve them, are the people who have no long term goals in mind, and that is not only demonstrably the OPPOSITE of the truth, but LAUGHABLY so. Its almost satire, the level of irony in someone calling out liberal folks on that basis.

What are you playing at, exactly?

It is hard to believe that when I see liberal policies in California that call for the decriminalization of people who knowingly infect others with aids.

They almost ignore straight forward science and say be liberal with your sexuality, be liberal with your weight. It's ok to be fat, it's ok to be with anyone you want.

And the consequences are a rise in STDs.

I've seen small towns barely getting by in Greece and italy. Just enough resources there to support the current people.
Bleeding heart liberals seems to ignore over population, lack of resources, number of jobs and recklessly call for a liberal open border system.
These small towns have been destroyed because of that way of thinking.

Even in affluent suburbs around the country, many towns have become inundated with illegal immigrants because of a liberal stance.
Schools no longer have the physical space to house all the children.
Last minute efforts to build trailer park classroom on the football fields look third world.
Because there was actions made to let in millions before they consequences were though of.

Conserve your money
Conserve your sexuality

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Your money and your sexuality?

Have absolutely nothing to do with the serious problems effecting our future right now. STDs are a problem, but they are not and have never been a problem which ever actually threatened the future of this species, and likely as not they never will be, because if you tell even the most active person, that if they keep at it they are going to get something that makes their genitals fall to pieces, they tend to calm down and put a rubber on it.

As for the spending of money... Its not whether money is spent, but what it is spent ON that causes trouble. If you are spending money on power from coal burning, nuclear, or gas burning stations, then you are contributing to the problem. If you are putting your money into energy which comes from sustainable and renewable sources however, then you are part of the solution. You see how this works, right?

Nuance, context... Your understanding ignores these things entirely.

Its exactly as dumb as saying that scrappage schemes are good for the environment, to suggest that conserving your money or your sexuality are answers to the long term problems this species faces. They have nothing whatsoever to do with solving those problems, because those are short term solutions, which do precisely nothing to address the deeper systemic crises coming to a head now, nor to address the deepening of the problem later on. Its always short term ideas, which run out of steam nearly immediately they are begun with some people.

If you think that long term, keeping it in your pants and your wallet is going to be sufficient to solve the worlds problems, I have news for you. You will never be a part of the solution.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Whatever, it has no relation to the unknown reason why in the UK women change in cubicles with doors and men change in open plan rooms with benches.

"unkown reasons" in UK for women to change would partly be due to the fact they may also have children with them, and also we in the UK have a stereotype of being gentlemen who do not pry into someone elses privacy, do you oppose this or are you just stating the difference. We also drive on the left which is different no real reason unless you still carry a sword.

As for the OP premise I am pretty sure its nothing to do with the changing rooms and more to do with sick members of society, if guns get of scott free every time there is a mass shooting and the blame is on the reckless owner, how can the inanimate changing room be guilty of anything.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

I'm questioning the difference. Why do you think only women have kids with them to go swimming? I took my little one swimming all through childhood and had no cubicle option in the men's, same as most places...female changing rooms are almost exclusively cubicles though.

Your children reason doesn't cut it, fathers take their kids swimming as well.

...men and women drive on the left so I don't see your point.
...and yes it is about predators which women are safer from in female only changing rooms.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

We have had unisex changing rooms in my area for my whole life but they are usually set up as a group of stalls with just a person's head visible and their feet also they are usually watched by a person holding master keys. The only time we have ever had a problem with it is a local surf shop was found to have a 2 way mirror and video camera setup.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

So you're saying perverted men will take advantage of an inclusive situation that caters to their perversion. I'll try to pretend to be shocked.

Let us not forget Women can be sexual predators and perpetrators of violence as much as any man.

I see more pedo stories in the news about female teachers sexually abusing young male students these days than I do male teachers abusing female students.

Heck an Australian government study in 2015 into sexual assaults showed the extremely vast majority of males who have admitted they have been sexually assaulted claimed the perp was a woman.

Being a pedo doesn't mean just men do it, and many pedos are still heterosexual, they just like them young.

Heck it's not even pedos, even adult sexual abuse can happen against men or women by other men and women.

But yeah this is what boggles my mind. When society clearly knows that some humans regardless of gender cannot help themselves when it comes to consent and other legalities, that some idiots think unisex toilets and change rooms etc. where we are often at our most vulnerable, are a good idea.

Now excuse me I am going to go get blind drunk and walk the streets in just my underwear at 2am.
Because my rights will magically stop insane people from raping me.

It's not on me to use my brains and protect myself. It's on everyone else, because that's what my special interest group told me and you cannot blame the victim even if they load the gun, hand it to the shooter and stick a target to their chest.

Just tired of men being the only evil in the world when we know it's bull#.

edit on 12-9-2018 by AtomicKangaroo because: added stuff, fixed errors. systems rebooted.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo
I agree to an extent, I was having sex with my mate's hot mother when I was 15.
Sure on paper she was a child abuser but I loved it...not a chance in the world I'd grass her up to the cops for historical abuse though.
My consent was real and understood even though legally I couldn't consent until I was 16.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join