It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the cow depicted in the Temple arrangement of Israel?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damla
a reply to: SR1TX

hmm..i like the way you think

You guys are one scary lot. God truly is longsuffering, not to stick a fork in it.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scrutinizing

hmm..i like the way you think

You guys are one scary lot. God truly is longsuffering, not to stick a fork in it.

If God wills all, then he even wielded you creating this thread and my subsequent responses. He wielded people being gay just as he did them being straight, long long, long ago. Oh yeah, but we will all burn unless we play nice, right?

Ugh..

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrutinizing

but he said a very zen thing.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX

If God wills all, then he even wielded you creating this thread and my subsequent responses. He wielded people being gay just as he did them being straight, long long, long ago. Oh yeah, but we will all burn unless we play nice, right?

Ugh..

I didn't create the thread, Sherlock. You should go easy on that wacky weed. But burning? Tell you what, let's let God speak for Himself, then you decide as to packing that sweater. (And Romans 1, with respect to the gay thing, what's involved, and it's decidedly not God.)

For that restless conscience of yours, Romans 2:12-15, to delight in, without further adieu:

Luke 16:19-31 "There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day. But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate, desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

"Then he cried and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.' But Abraham said, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented. And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.'

"Then he said, 'I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father's house, for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.' Abraham said to him, 'They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.' And he said, 'No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.' But he said to him, 'If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.' "

Matthew 13:40-42 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; and shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 25:41,46 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels... And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.

Mark 9:42-48 But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea. If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched, where 'Their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.' And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame, rather than having two feet, to be cast into hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched, where 'Their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.' And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire, where 'Their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.'

Revelation 14:9-11 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, the same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: and the smoke of their torment ascends up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receives the mark of his name.

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Luke 12:4-5 And I say to you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

what? i didnt understand.is this where we suppose to pretend and say some lies?
anyway i will sleep.can you do that part? i will read tomorrow.thanks.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

but he said a very zen thing.

Whatever, Siddhartha.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Ugh..

I didn't create the thread, Sherlock. You should go easy on that wacky weed. But burning? Tell you what, let's let God speak for Himself, then you decide as to packing that sweater. (And Romans 1, with respect to the gay thing, what's involved, and it's decidedly not God.)

For that restless conscience of yours, Romans 2:12-15, to delight in, without further adieu:

Luke 16:19-31 "There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day. But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate, desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

"Then he cried and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.' But Abraham said, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented. And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.'

"Then he said, 'I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father's house, for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.' Abraham said to him, 'They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.' And he said, 'No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.' But he said to him, 'If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.' "

Matthew 13:40-42 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; and shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 25:41,46 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels... And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.

Mark 9:42-48 But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea. If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched, where 'Their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.' And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame, rather than having two feet, to be cast into hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched, where 'Their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.' And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire, where 'Their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.'

Revelation 14:9-11 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, the same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: and the smoke of their torment ascends up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receives the mark of his name.

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Luke 12:4-5 And I say to you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!

If god made all things he made gay people too. You cannot get around that fact. Sorry. I don't care what your book of stories says.

Christian Logic is: God made all, is all, and all there ever will be.

Conversely - God planned all things to be, up to and including gay people, knows your heart truly, and thus has a "plan" for you that was already laid out.

Well if this was all laid out already, why is anyone praying? Fk why are we even complaining? All part of the "Plan" right?

The problem is that it's all faith based logic, which throws actual reasoning out the window and leads us to quoting scripture from people that were just as stupid as anyone else that's ever lived.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Sorry. I don't care what your book of stories says.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...

You know, sorry, but the best way I know how to put it? You're a certified, USDA horse's ass, to say you don't care about the "book of stories", as you put it, which is not what the Bible is, but say things like that, then are so damned stupid to start commenting, just ignorantly bloviating, actually, on God and Christians you know nothing about. Your logic tells you what's in that big, thick book that makes a Christian? Suppose you'd tell a brain surgeon his big old textbook is nonsense, and your logic tells you what brain surgery really is? Can you be that stupid? Like your logic would tell you that you open a skull with a claw hammer, and if the brain could really be mapped, your logic tells you that you could get a free brain map at AAA? You going to lecture that surgeon, regale him with your complete ignorance, because it's logical to you? There's really nothing to discuss with such a cretinous, willfully blind and ignorant, poor slob of arrested development and derailed intellect, that doesn't even bother to read anything presented to him. Let me stick a fork in you. This is ridiculous. There's no intelligent basis to discuss anything with somebody like you, that makes up his own facts as he goes along, that, as if, pats himself on the back he knows anything at all, yet brings no real knowledge or wisdom to the table, but your logic? Go play with the other dumb little children, who have to be told not to talk in class.
edit on 9-9-2018 by Scrutinizing because: clarification

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: lostinspace

those aren't cows. They are bulls.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Sorry. I don't care what your book of stories says.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...

You know, sorry, but the best way I know how to put it? You're a certified, USDA horse's ass, to say you don't care about the "book of stories", as you put it, which is not what the Bible is, but say things like that, then are so damned stupid to start commenting, just ignorantly bloviating, actually, on God and Christians you know nothing about. Your logic tells you what's in that big, thick book that makes a Christian? Suppose you'd tell a brain surgeon his big old textbook is nonsense, and your logic tells you what brain surgery really is? Can you be that stupid? Like your logic would tell you that you open a skull with a claw hammer, and if the brain could really be mapped, your logic tells you that you could get a free brain map at AAA? You going to lecture that surgeon, regale him with your complete ignorance, because it's logical to you? There's really nothing to discuss with such a cretinous, willfully blind and ignorant, poor slob of arrested development and derailed intellect, that doesn't even bother to read anything presented to him. Let me stick a fork in you. This is ridiculous. There's no intelligent basis to discuss anything with somebody like you, that makes up his own facts as he goes along, that, as if, pats himself on the back he knows anything at all, yet brings no real knowledge or wisdom to the table, but your logic? Go play with the other dumb little children, who have to be told not to talk in class.

Your reaction is pretty much like any bible thumping persons reaction would be in the face of logic that negates fully what you believe. It's why society makes you all go to a place of worship together so you don't expose yourselves to the rest of regular society just trying to get by. Notice I never called anyone names, you however, well, i can't say the same, but I'm sure God compelled you to say all of it, right?

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

God made all things in the beginning and with the ability to reproduce. It was perfect. It wasn't until Eve and Adam decided to taste the fruit. Then Eve and Adam were kicked out of the Garden and became just flesh. And everything became subject to wear, tear and decay - because of sin. Sin taints everything.

God did not make "gay", Gay is a product of Satan who wants to distort and destroy everything God ever created.

People are not bad, but their actions, heart, mind can be. God didn't create disease but disease permeates this earth. God loves gay people (don't want to argue this topic, and want to make it clear gay people are as loved as any other person).

God will not interfere. He will never force anyone to do anything against their will. But, we can pray so that God will intervene and help where need be.

People are so quick to dispute the Bible's authenticity, even many Christians refer to it as a books of fables, man altered, man written stories. The Bible is mankind's history, future and a blueprint of living. Keep in mind that the Old Testament is the Jewish recorded portion of the Bible. The Jews had a set of rules that they lived by as they tried to live according to what God wanted - it was only when Jesus came did God reconcile himself with mankind and prepare a way for all people to have a personal relationship instead of having to mind rituals and law. When Jesus came he did not do away with the Old Testament but he came for all, not just the Jewish people.

I thought perhaps a bit of an explanation may help in your understanding, if you are open to any. Not to be converted, but to understand how those who have a personal relationship with the Savior of all view and understand.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I apologize that you were spoken to in a rude and unloving way by Scrutinizing.

That is not respectful or classy.

No one should ever treat another with contempt or a holier-than-thou manner. We are all asking questions and hopefully trying to have a conversation.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostinspace

Can you please explain your personal views as to why God wanted 12 cows to hold up the Molt Sea.

Your entire premise is based upon a fallacy. Enoch is not in Bible Canon, for very good reasons, and, very arguably, God didn't want it in His Holy Bible, if you're a person of faith that believes God can preserve His word, that the Creator of the entire universe would also know how to write a reliable book He, in turn, does hold people responsible for its entire contents, to the extent all scripture is proclaimed inspired truth and to be studied.

To say God wanted anything, based on Enoch, is like asking why ancient aliens wanted the Egyptians to make pyramids, when you can no more say God wanted anything such than say aliens were the cause of the pyramids. You're baiting everything with a false premise, that God wanted cows in the temple. If you can show cow statues in the Canonical temple design, knock yourself out, though pardon if I don't hold my breath for that.

In short, your premise is a fraud, out of the gate, and it's a bad thing, a very bad thing, to attribute any lie to God, the sort of thing the devil gets up to. Maybe you can tell everybody why you're trying to push holy cows on Jews and Christians, from a source outside the Bible? Without any clarification you're trying to sell stuff form the apocrypha, the whole body of which is filled with all sorts of nonsense, much fake scripture?

You lost me at "God didn't want it in his holy bible". You do realize the bible was written by men. Men who added and subtracted whatever they felt necessary to fit their narrative. Well I hate to tell you but spoiler alert: there is no god.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Wait wait wait. Isn't the Koran supposed to be the final, rewritten word of God? This is one thing I never understand about religious people. Each believer is the one sole true believer in the one sole true God, following the one sole true word of their god.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

How udderly Chris†ian™ of You... Personal attacks? Really?

Just to make clear, You are typing about the King James Version II, 3rd-re-write; 4th re-vision?

The Quorum™ also thought Mary Magdalen was a 'whore', but seeing they removed ALL the feminine principles from the previous religious™ texts they STOLE from..

So You think "Noah" is just similar to 'Gilgamesh' huh???

Remember Your "copied Bible™" comes AFTER ALL the other ones... And if it was so 'pure' why the revisions and rewrites?

And being a 'true Bible™ scholar' I'm sure You translated Jesus' native tongue?

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

And if those same "copiers" were alive today, they'd be driving BIG RED TRUCKS due to their problems w/micropenis disease' I'm thinking NONE of them loved their Mothers...

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
When you begin to look back, you realize the early Christian, from the time of Jesus to the time of Constantine in 310 AD, they were preaching that they did not worship Jehovah; they worshiped the one true God. It could be argued that the early Christians were actually Gnostic followers of Jesus instead of what we, today, call Christians. The entire New Testament was completely rewritten by Constantine and all of the information on the Archons was removed and the ideas of Jehovah being a cruel god were lessened. This is a fact. The Nag Hammadi texts are older than the New Testament by 400 years. The New Testament that we have today wasn’t concocted until about 350 AD. When you go back to the Nag Hammadi, it doesn’t have the sin factor; they say what they really think.
....They are against gnosis, they are against knowledge. The defining myth of Western mythology is that Jehovah told Adam and Eve that they could not eat of the Tree of Knowledge. Not only that but if they did eat of it, they would surely die. Yet they both ate of it and didn’t die so he wasn’t even telling them the truth.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

God did not tell the people making the Bible, do not put Enoch in it.

How do you know very God did not, in fact, make sure there is a reliable Bible? So you don't think He preserved His word, such that all the nonsense contradictions of the apocrypha are, in fact, disallowed? God inspired, breathed scripture through holy men of God, but can't inspire the putting together of those books? Your god is really weird and an utterly pitiful incompetent, that can create the known universe, but is unable to write a reliable owner's manual? Goes to all the trouble, of all that authentic scripture, to be at a loss and powerless how to assemble it?

But, based on your reasoning, I suppose God didn't tell anybody not to include Batman in the Bible, either, so why don't you start a conversation of a bat cave, under the temple?

God has not ever told anyone anything. Lot's of humans though, have had delusions through history. The Bible is no different.

You mean he has never told YOU anything. Likely he might have but you rejected it for personal pride.

You simply don't know who God has spoken to and have no understanding of a relationship with God that people have, who know him..

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Getting back to the subject of the Bulls supporting the Molten Sea......In the Scriptures, bulls are a symbol of strength. (Ezekiel 1:10; Revelation 4:6, 7) The choice of bulls as a representation was fitting because the 12 copper bulls supported the huge “sea,” which weighed some 30 tons. The making of bulls for this purpose did not in any way violate the second commandment, which prohibited the making of objects for worship.—Exodus 20:4, 5.
The israelites who worshipped at the temple did not venerate the bulls or the molten sea.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The only mention in the actual cannon of a cow that is a specific color, would be the red heifer. That animal has to be without blemish and then ends up being used as a sacrifice and part of a purification ritual.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join