It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar landing hoax, facts that prove we haven't left the earths atmosphere.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZIPMATT

Thanks for that expose of the 70s corporate oligarchy which received funds from Nixon ! Interesting that you expand on flexible latex playsuits , oo , I mean , spacesuits .
Because , with the lack of magnetosphere either outside of Earth's own , or on the moon where there isn't one bar a weak field on it's dark side , are those suits actually suitable for either keeping out the solar wind , or for normal bodily or mental functions to even take place ?
The answer is no , both for the fact that the solar wind would fry the suits and occupants to a crisp , and also that their brains and bodies would stopped working normally post haste from being outside of a suitable environment , which is (by magic?) suitable for bodily life near the earth , but not outside of it .
Therefore those space suits , no matter how good the sewing , are yet another reason to support the case as in the OP , the lunar landing were a hoax with a massive conspiracy surrounding them

I look forward to you supplying the ample evidence you must surely have to support your claims that the suits were not capable of protecting the astronauts.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ZIPMATT

Oh dear. Ignorance levels increasing, Captain.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

What a great version of "moving the goal posts" (or at the very least "deflection").

I answer your comment about (or what I think was about) where the tax money budgeted to Apollo went by telling you there were hundreds of companies -- some of them small companies -- who along with 400,000 private citizens who worked on the Apollo Program for those companies were the suppliers to Apollo, and you start going on about corporations in Nixon's pocket, and how the space suit won't work.

I mean, all of the "regular joe" and "regular jane" engineers who designed these things, the skilled workers who built these things, and the technicians who tested these things spent very many man- and woman-hours doing these things, and the companies and the people got paid for that work and for providing that hardware and providing support services.

I don't understand how some corporations being in Nixon's pocket (and I'm sure there were some politics involved) changes that fact.

As for the space suit, there were many layers of material that helped protect them from cosmic radiation, and there was a body-suit with chilled water running through it that cooled the astronauts. In addition, the suit was white, which reflected away much of the solar energy, and thus reflected away much of the heat that came with it.

You need to understand that space is neither hot nor cold. That is, there are (virtually) no molecules of "stuff" in space to get heated up. Granted, the Sun shining on an object can heat that object up through radiant heat, but if the object reflects that radiant energy (like a white space suit, or reflective Kapton foil), it would not heat up as much.

There is no atmosphere so there is convection or conduction of heat like here near the surface of the Earth.

edit on 10/9/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Fact is getting rid of excess heat where near vacuum is concerned is just as much of a problem as accumulating heat.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I didn't ask you to prove the sun was hot or that the solar wind existed. I asked you for your proof that the suits were not up to the job of protecting them.

Anytime you're ready.

Are you under the impression the moon is always full?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

The question isn't "is there such thing as solar radiation". Of course there is.

The question is "how much of that solar energy is getting through the layers of the space suit to the astronaut within that suit?" And then "is there any secondary means of cooling inside the suit?"

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

"I mean wtf , day and night on the moon ? Lunar dawn ? Do they think we're all thick enough to get away with that ? Obviously ! Very obviously : there is no day or night on the moon , just 200 degrees c in the sun and way too cold on the dark side too . It doesn't spin therefore no day or night on the moon . "

You think the Moon does not spin?

Here:

Does the Moon have day & night?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Just kicking another one in there , they wouldn;t have been able to see anything due to the blinding light of the sun , and as for cameras , they're not going to be taking pictures amidst that amount of glare .

And then , here's a question for the beleivers (because we're skeptics remember) : how the heck did the lunar lander meet up again with the orbiting rocket , ready for the return journey ?
Going to the moon is one thing , although they'd have arrived dead of course ,it's no mean feat
BUT
coming back FROM the moon is something ENTIRELY OTHER than going there , MUCH harder of an effort to achieve especially when it's 1970 . They say , "oh but there's footprints you can see through telescopes , but what they do with the FRICKIN CAR they driving round up there ? Hook it back on and redock with the orbiter and bring it back ? LOL
Noooo , we don't think so , at all.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Do you not realise that you can Google your questions for yourself and that you will find the answers that you seek?

They left the Rovers up there. Did you not know that?

Lunar Roving Vehicles - Wiki

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Fact is getting rid of excess heat where near vacuum is concerned is just as much of a problem as accumulating heat.

Sublimation and venting.

The undergarment on the spacesuit worn by the astronauts contains miles of tubing with water circulating through it. That water picks up body heat then goes through a heat exchanger in the PLSS (life support backpack) consisting of a "sublimator".

This sublimator was a chilled metal panel on which water was frozen. As the circulating water ran past this sublimator, the warmth carried away from the astronaut caused the ice on the sublimator (through the exchange of heat between them) to sublimate into water vapor, which was vented away, carrying that heat with it.

The circulating water, now cooler due to having its heat exchanged in the sublimator, was then circuited back through the tubes in the undergarment.

Link:
books.google.co.uk...=onepage&q&f=false

Excerpt from link:

The sublimator, by comparison, has a simple metallic plate constructed to provide specially sized microscopic pores allowing water to freeze in the plate without damaging the plate. As the water in the sublimator picks up body and system heat, the ice in the plate thaws allowing water to pass through the plate and evaporate into space, removing heat from the suit system in the process.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Aye , argue the easy points , fine , but there is no answer to the fact of severe human frailty equalling near immediate death without the protection of the magnetosphere.
Water cooled space suits or not , there is no going outside of the zone where your brain and body can function.
And the moon is well outside of that zone

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I mean wtf , day and night on the moon ? Lunar dawn ? Do they think we're all thick enough to get away with that ? Obviously ! Very obviously : there is no day or night on the moon , just 200 degrees c in the sun and way too cold on the dark side too . It doesn't spin therefore no day or night on the moon .

... but what they do with the FRICKIN CAR they driving round up there ? Hook it back on and redock with the orbiter and bring it back ? LOL
Noooo , we don't think so , at all.

Hmmm. I thought I was debating someone who had at least a little knowledge about the Apollo Program, or even knowledge of the nature of the Moon in general.

However, if you don't even understand that all non-polar parts of the Moon receive equal amounts of sunlight throughout a lunar cycle. The explanation for that is as simple as "when the near side of the Moon is in darkness, and equal amount of the far side is in sunlight". Or when you don't know that the Lunar Rover for each mission for which it was used was left on the Moon.

It seems to me we need to take a step back to better understand the bigger picture before we debate all of the technical details.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

You're taking the logical fallacy of argumentum ad ignorantiam to new levels. Please do some basic research before diving in feet first to something that's way over your head.

The sun is only blinding to a camera if you point the camera at it.

Returning to the Command Module in orbit is a matter of timing.

No-one has ever said you can see footprints through telescopes on the moon. What you can see is evidence of human activity and hardware in photos taken from probes in lunar orbit.

The cars are still there.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I mean wtf , day and night on the moon ? Lunar dawn ? Do they think we're all thick enough to get away with that ? Obviously ! Very obviously : there is no day or night on the moon , just 200 degrees c in the sun and way too cold on the dark side too . It doesn't spin therefore no day or night on the moon .

exactly

WTF?

The moon doesn't spin or rotate I should say?

So why do we always see the same face?

I guess flat earth explains it, but if we live on a globe and the moon orbits us but doesn't rotate then we should see a different side of the moon from earth but we cannot due to its rotating just at the right speed to match its orbit so that we only one side from earth.

Yes the moon has a night and day which has the explanation as to why we have night and day here on earth, its due to rotation of the planet or moon.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
OK what this tells us is that we've got you down to " magnetosphere " . There's an answer for everything except that .
All you are quite clearly suffering from confirmation bias , where that because you've already accepted a big lie , you'll accept anything that confirms it without question . If for no otherfreason than to save face
When Goebels said ,"the bigger the lie the more people believe it" he wasn't wrong , so it's not your fault .
If you went outside of the magnetosphere , you'd black out quickly , fact . Therefore nobody went to the moon yet , as the spacesuits system did not provide an alternative electrical field conducive to thought and other bodily communication eg digestion .

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZIPMATT.
If you went outside of the magnetosphere , you'd black out quickly , fact .

Why?

I mean, why would you if you had some protection (spacecraft, spacesuit)?

EDIT TO ADD: I'm talking about protection from cosmic (particle) radiation, not just protection from the radiant heat of the sunlight.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

a reply to: oldcarpy

Aye , argue the easy points , fine , but there is no answer to the fact of severe human frailty equalling near immediate death without the protection of the magnetosphere.
Water cooled space suits or not , there is no going outside of the zone where your brain and body can function.
And the moon is well outside of that zone

There's no near human death. Do you instantly die in an x ray machine? The space suit is very effective at stopping about 90 percent of the solar radiation. That last 10 percent particle radiation and gamma and x ray. The general rule is limit because even the lem wouldn't stop gamma rays.

These astronauts were never exposed to lethal doses and wouldn't be unless they were unlucky enough to be caught in a CME. Timing was everything the missions were planned during a lull in solar activity. The whole Apollo experience was a mad dash there and back with no plan for long term visit.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Yes, I'm aware of how suits operate, fantastic piece of engineering really.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join