It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar landing hoax, facts that prove we haven't left the earths atmosphere.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: maxzen2004

It is strange that Michael Collins told Neil Armstrong that he did not see any stars from the surface of the moon.

I'm not sure what you think is so damning about this. It fits the official Apollo narrative very well.

That is, when you are on the lit side of the Moon, and looking at the lit side of the Moon, your eyes would be acclimated to the brightness of the moon and you would likely not see any stars. Armstrong specifically said "...while on the lit side of the Moon", and Collins was responding to that.

Michael Collins later in his autobiographical book stated that whether he saw stars or not depended on where he was looking. When he was on the lit side of the moon, the brightness of the moon filled his field of view so much that his eyes would have adjusted to the brightness, and the stars would not be very visible -- if visible at all.

However, when he circled to the night-time side of the Moon, and his eyes no longer adjusted to the brightness of the moon, he saw stars.

In that autobiography, "Carrying the Fire: An Astronaut's Journeys," Collins wrote about his experience as the command module passed behind to the night side of the Moon, and left him in complete darkness and isolation:

"I feel this powerfully -- not as fear or loneliness -- but as awareness, anticipation, satisfaction, confidence, almost exultation.

I like the feeling. Outside my window I can see stars -- and that is all. Where I know the moon to be, there is simply a black void, the moon's presence is defined solely by the absence of stars."

So he did see stars and he didn't see stars, all depending on whether or not there was the brightness of the Moon, Sun, or interior spacecraft lights that would cause his pupils to become acclimated to that brightness, or if his pupils would widen in the darkness to allow him to see stars.

edit on 10/9/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

Training at play per-chance?

After all they are professionals there do a job in one of the most dangerous environments known to Man not to act like children at Disneyland for the first time.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

It is strange that Michael Collins told Neil Armstrong that he did not see any stars from the surface of the moon.

Michael Collins corrected Neil Armstrong...............Michael Collins was known to have not walked on the moon.
The body language of these three tell you all you need to know.

Ahh the old 'miserable astronauts' trope. These miserable astronauts?

As for the stars question you need to listen again. Armstrong was not asked about seeing stars on the surface, he was asked about seeing stars in the solar corona from lunar orbit. Collins wasn't correcting him, he was confirming that he didn't see any in the corona either.

e2a: A later post corrects my statement about what Armstrong was asked. However, Collins' answer still referred to the solar corona in orbit, not the surface.
edit on 10/9/2018 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: correction

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Ok. So the question was not about seeing stars from the surface........I listened again....thank you for clearing that up.
edit on 10-9-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Michael Collins did not walk on the moon.

I know that, and in my response that gave an excerpt from his book, it was pretty clear in his excerpt that he was talking about his view from the CM while on the lit side vs. being on the night side.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Yes..thank you, I have edited my response.
I still can't help but question their body language?
But that's just me...

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Professionals bah to that excuse they just (supposedly() came back from the MOON.
They looked depressed and acting weird.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage

Professionals bah to that excuse they just (supposedly() came back from the MOON.

Totally agree.
I believe that they believed they were going to the moon but they didn't.............so they had to lie. Imagine if you had been the first man to walk on the moon? How would you appear? Elated and full of awe? or depressed and weird?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

You realize that lack of gravity nevermind mission stress has an effect on people even astronauts?

If you have never been to the Moon, how do you unequivocally know how you would feel or respond?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

You realize that lack of gravity nevermind mission stress has an effect on people even astronauts?

Who other than astronauts would suffer from 'lack of gravity'?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage

Maybe you should watch the entire news conference, rather than just that very short cherry-picked part of it previously posted.

In the video below that shows the entire conference, I see three people who are answering questions in a mostly professional, no-nonsense, matter-of-fact -- and even sometimes funny -- manner. Plus it should be noted that Armstrong had always been known as a very private and relatively introverted person. These people were test pilots, not celebrities who sought out the limelight.

Here's the entire press conference. As I mentioned, they were mostly matter-of-fact and professional, but they did get a few jokes in here and there, providing good laughs all around. One of my favorites starts at the 39:20 mark. Of course it's Aldrin (the most outgoing of the three) with the smart-alecky, but good-natured, funny response:

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Nobody that's the point.

You dont even believe in gravity!

Tell us all how space-time does not exist Itisnowagain, and that we are not really here.
LoL

edit on 10-9-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

You state EVEN astronauts suffer from lack of gravity.....so I was inquiring who else. It seemed that you might know people who were not astronauts that have suffered from 'lack of gravity'?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

You dont even believe in gravity!

What has given you that idea?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

There is not anyone else according to your misguided logic and lack of understanding, just you talking to yourself on an imaginary screen via an imaginary keyboard.

Astronauts ARE people Itisnowagain hence "even astronauts suffer from lack of gravity".

Simple really.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

The crap you come away with in other threads per-chance?

You cannot believe in gravity and not believe in space-time.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Maybe it should be "even astronauts, being people, can suffer the effects of no gravity"

…(although to be technical, it is "weightlessness", not "lack of gravity". Astronauts (on the ISS, for example) are still being pulled back to Earth by Earth's gravity. However, they are in free-fall as the do so, as is the space station around them, so the net effect of that falling in unison with the space station is weightlessness.)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Maybe it should, but i think most people got the gist of what i was attempting to convey.

Aside from those that refuse to accept the obvious.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Michael Collins corrected Neil Armstrong...............Michael Collins was known to have not walked on the moon.
The body language of these three tell you all you need to know.

Collins is talking about when they were photographing the solar corona, which happened from the command module on the way to the moon, not on the lunar surface.

Watch the full version here, starting at 47:15:

Transcript:

REPORTER:I have two brief questions that I would like to ask, if I may. When you were carrying out that incredible Moon walk, did you find that the surface was equally firm everywhere or were there harder and softer spots that you could detect. And, secondly, when you looked up at the sky, could you actually see the stars in the solar corona in spite of the glare?

ALDRIN:The first part of your question, the surface did vary in its thickness of penetration somewhere in flat regions. The footprint would penetrate a half an inch or sometimes only a quarter of an inch and gave a very firm response. In other regions near the edges of these craters we could find that the foot would sink down maybe 2, 3, possibly 4 inches and in the slope, of course, the various edges of the footprint might go up to 6 or 7 inches. In compacting this material it would tend to produce a slight sideways motion as it was compacted on the material underneath it. So we feel that you cannot always tell by looking at the surface what the exact resistance will be as your foot sinks into a point of firm contact. So one must be quite cautious in moving around in this rough surface.

ARMSTRONG: We were never able to see stars from the lunar surface or on the daylight side of the Moon by eye without looking through the optics. I don't recall during the period of time that we were photographing the solar corona what stars we could see.

COLLINS: I don't remember seeing any.

edit on 10-9-2018 by nataylor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

the cost

ZIPMATT
Leave this part out of the narrative you are creating for yourselves because it stinks of rat

I'm not sure what you mean, but the costs were certainly real.

400,000 engineers, technicians, and skilled laborers working for private (non-government) companies did a heck of a lot of work and spent many man-hours designing, building, and testing the Apollo hardware.

I mean, it's not like NASA kept the money that congress gave them; the vast majority of that money went to the private contractors and the everyday private citizens who worked for those companies.

Companies like:

Douglas Aircraft -- Designed, built, and tested the 3rd stage of the Saturn V
North American Avaiation Company -- Designed, built, and tested the 2nd stage and the Comman Module
Grumman --Designed and built the LM
Boeing -- Designed, manufactured, and tested the Saturn V 1st stage
ILC Dover -- Designed and sewed together the space suits
Hamilton Standard Corporation -- Designed and manufactured the PLSS (spacesuit backpack).
IBM -- Built the guidance computer
MIT University -- Wrote the guidance software.
General Motors -- Designed the Lunar Rover
Westinghouse -- Designed the TV cameras mounted on the LM and LR.

Those main contractors plus the hundreds of subcontractors (regular companies employing regular people, all over the country) all got paid the bulk of the money that was budgeted for the Apollo program. Subcontractors included companies like Whirlpool (the maker of household appliances) who designed and built the air conditioning systems for the spacecraft.

My favorite example of a contractor (but by no means the only example) is that the spacesuits were made by the same parent company (ILC, or "International Latex Corporation") who owned Playtex, the maker of bras and girdles. ILC had great experience in making garments that gave the wearer maneuverability and flexibilty, because that's the kind of stuff ILC had been doing for decades. Most other companies that lost the bid to make the spacesuits failed because their designs did not allow the flexibility that ILC's design did.

And those flexible spacesuits they all had to be sewn by hand, which also was a strentgh of ILC, because they already had many experienced seamtresses working for them. Those expert seamstresses who had a tremdous amount of previous experience sewing togenther bras and girdles spent many hours fabricating the space suits.

Thanks for that expose of the 70s corporate oligarchy which received funds from Nixon ! Interesting that you expand on flexible latex playsuits , oo , I mean , spacesuits .
Because , with the lack of magnetosphere either outside of Earth's own , or on the moon where there isn't one bar a weak field on it's dark side , are those suits actually suitable for either keeping out the solar wind , or for normal bodily or mental functions to even take place ?
The answer is no , both for the fact that the solar wind would fry the suits and occupants to a crisp , and also that their brains and bodies would stopped working normally post haste from being outside of a suitable environment , which is (by magic?) suitable for bodily life near the earth , but not outside of it .
Therefore those space suits , no matter how good the sewing , are yet another reason to support the case as in the OP , the lunar landing were a hoax with a massive conspiracy surrounding them
edit on 10-9-2018 by ZIPMATT because: bodily and mental functions - using internal electrical impulses eg nervous system

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join