It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a way to cherrypick forums in Recent Posts or myATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I'm sick of seeing a wall of 'Political mud-pit' threads in Recent Posts, and no matter what I do I can't seem to change or amend the 5 favourite forums thing on myATS.
Thanks in advance, just a question if anyone can help.

Caveat for the usual suspects:
No I'm not triggered by the Political Mudpit posts, I just don't even want to see them whining about US politics in the titles.
Yes I searched for an answer to the question first hence asking here.
Yes I know I can just ignore threads and scroll down.
Yes I know, I can be the change and post non-mudpit threads, I do.
Nope, I'm not emotionally troubled in any way reading lame partisan titles of mudpit threads I just want to know if there is a way to block them so my lazy fingers don't have to scroll down.

Caveat out of the way for direct and succinct discussion, I'd be grateful to know if I can block the political bull# threads/forums so my user experience presents only topics I'm interested in?
Again, thanks in advance, with a calm mind, happy psyche, and gentle thoughts just asking a specific technical question without any emotional attachment.
...that should cover all trolls lol

edit on 9-9-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: typo

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
In " Recent" look to the upper right, click "Off Topic". That should get you clear of most of the political threads.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

You instead of going to new or live you can just go to forums and select one that interests you. As far as customizing your ATS to better fit what you are talking about. I am not sure if you can.

And now I shall give a STAR...but no flag, sorry. As of recent that is a no go from my iPad. But we can pretend.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
In " Recent" look to the upper right, click "Off Topic". That should get you clear of most of the political threads.

HOLY CRAP.....I never knew about that! Thanks for the info.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
Ah thanks man, I go 'off-topic' as my second click, usually something interesting there, just on-topic recent posts are a sea of political mudpit and it's kinda boring seeing so many now. My best mate in real life says the same, we were chatting about it, hence this thread question.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Stop this, and stop it now. You can't have The Banter Cafe at the top of the list all the while.
PS It is mainly an American site and they don't have that much to talk about but politics. Except UFOs, earthquakes, shootings,new airplanes, new weapons, antifa, lfbgt or whatever it is etc. etc.
That'll illicit some posts.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
MyATS, yes!

Its on the left hand side. You go to the individual forum you want to favorite, then click the heart on the top right corner.

Recents page, not so much. ATS used to have that feature and its probably the one thing I miss most.

I really miss being able to customize my recent feed...

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
As far as customizing your ATS to better fit what you are talking about. I am not sure if you can.

I've assumed the same now, was worth asking if anyone knew an option though.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam
Ah brilliant, cheers mate, I'll 'heart' my fave forums now.
Pity about Recent Posts though, I agree.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed
Lol, I'm easy with most all other forums, just the mudpit, it is boring as #, especially the anger and not really knowing why people are angry and which politician is the bad guy.
I'd block that in a heartbeat if there was an option.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
I'm sick of seeing a wall of 'Political mud-pit' threads in Recent Posts, and no matter what I do I can't seem to change or amend the 5 favourite forums thing on myATS.

Each of those "favourite forums" blocks on myATS includes a cross, next to the title and the up-and-down icons. Click the cross on each forum you don't want as part of myATS.
That's why I've only got three.
edit on 9-9-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
It used to be possible to pick your forums, there was a little symbol next to the forum and you would click it and it would hide that forum. I used it quite a bit for a few that were just annoying, like the 2012 forum or peak oil, just stuff that didn't interest me. I can remember a time when there was AboveTopSecret for the conspiracy stuff, BTS for the "off-topic" stuff then there was AbovePolitics for.... well politics.

I think the best way for you to do it now OP would be to just favourite forums and they appear on your "my ATS" feed with the most recent threads in those forums. not quite the same but probably the best we can do just now.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The Mud pit is like a Mosh pit. Many come to vent and troll, some come with level heads. Since around the time of 0bama, it has became a destination for many. I don't care for it though I do use it. As of late better topics that were the mainstay of Above Top Secret have come back. Mysterious things, things much less pedantic than politics.. My curosity is where do the trash bin topics go ? are they efectively erased/exited ? A lot of us don't like change, so you will hear greivences quite alot. The audience is the 'Author' here, so admin can only moderate and suggest, and by and large they are fair and do a good job. A bit of provocative material still gets a pass. I'd rate ATS ...PG for the most part. Still, we are community and mostly friends.... that is if we use the Mud Pit in moderation.

edit on 9-9-2018 by Plotus because: change words

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I'm going down the 'favourite forum' click route in myATS.
Cheers dude, I can pretend the US politics bull# doesn't exist.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
US left/right bull# is all the mudpit is. Pity that won't be removed in my opinion.
It is lame as #.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

US left/right bull# is all the mudpit is. Pity that won't be removed in my opinion.
It is lame as #.

That is your personal opinion , but ATS doesn’t exist to make the Brits happy.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye
I never said it was to keep Brits happy, I just said as a Brit I ignore the whining you guys go on about in the mudpit and was asking if there was a way to avoid it.
...a Brit from Swindon (England) was a site founder so don't go all US on me like it is your country specific website lol, it is not.
...and nobody can star you here lol, I love it, it forces conversation.

edit on 9-9-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I never said it was to keep Brits happy, I just said as a Brit I ignore the whining you guys go on about in the mudpit and was asking if there was a way to avoid it.
...a Brit from Swindon (England) was a site founder so don't go all US on me like it is your country specific website lol, it is not.
...and nobody can star you here lol, I love it, it forces conversation.

First off, you assume I’m American, which I am not😜.

And I never said it was a site for Americans, just that it doesn’t have to please anyone , anywhere, on how they choose to operate .

I’m not attacking your argument, but I think you need to chill out a bit CCG, and just do your best to circumvent around threads not to your liking.

Peace bro ✌🏼

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Why chill out? I have not been agitated.
No need to invent emotional intentions to my posts lol.

CX

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: DAVID64

HOLY CRAP.....I never knew about that! Thanks for the info.

Wish I could buy you a beer for this info, the amount of Trump and political threads I see every time I click on recent threads, especially the petty ones just bitching at each other, seriously put me off this place.

CX.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join