It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harbinger to Messiah: Red Heifer Is Born

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

I think you are mistaken about that.

What's the book, chapter, and verse that tells us Jesus said that?

The Lord Jesus did affirm the last days sacrifice situation by affirming scripture found in Daniel, which is not to say He needed to do this, as if Daniel needed affirmation and is not the inspired word of God, otherwise, but the Lord did make special mention:

Matthew 24:15-16 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand] Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains.

In Daniel, it's clear the abomination of desolation, of the man of sin, involves shutting down sacrifices that are going on in the last days:

Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Revelation speaks a lot of an image of the beast that, at least, appears to have life, the antichrist and false prophet demanding worship of the image, and the following verse states the antichrist will be sitting in the temple, showing himself as God, which would certainly be a temple abominable and defiled, desolated of any perceived holiness by the Jewish people, as well as the antichrist simply a desolator, a plague on the world, like some super Hitler. I've always believed the abomination of desolation involves the temple being defiled, but that the antichrist is also the abomination of desolation, himself, that is he, himself, could also be called the abomination of desolation, along with beast, man of sin, antichrst and such, but, anyway, here the beast has set himself up in the temple:

2 Thessalonians 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Bottom line, there's the antichrist, a temple that is defiled and sacrifices the antichrist puts a stop to, of course Jesus simply mentioning the abomination of desolation would involve the truth of all releated scripture, it not necessary for the Lord Jesus to have said, "And, remember, in Daniel it also states the sacrifices will be brought to a halt," or any other related reference that would require repeating. I would hasten to add that, if one believes scripture is the inspired word of God, what is in the Old Testament was very much uttered by the Lord Jesus, anyway, the doctrine of the faith that all scripture is inspired of God, that is, not really any such thing that Jesus said thus and such, but Daniel said thus and such, when Daniel and all the other true prophets were simply relaying the word of God, that Word we know to be the pre-incarnate Lord Jesus. In a real sense, it's an error to say the Lord Jesus, God, re: John 1, didn't say any inspired prophecy of the Bible, that involved God revealing anything at all: Daniel and the rest got their information from that same God, unless you're a Jehovah's Witness, that is, lost in the errors of a cult, would add of many cults, they not alone in this regard.

All that aside, as to the red heifer, what I wonder is what the Jewish people in Israel propose to do with this red heifer, having no temple at this juncture. That's a sincere question, if anybody knows, for instance, would they purify a priest and burn the heifer for ashes, without a temple? It seems quite dramatic, to say they now have a red heifer, after 2,000 years, but what next? Are they going to turn it to ashes, or is it just a dramatic headline, but all dressed up with a red cow and nowhere to go? Or, put it this way: alright, there's a red heifer, so now what? Burn it, believe the Messiah will come and burn it? Is anybody in Israel saying what they're now going to do with this red heifer? (Please, that's a real question of the braintrust here, don't mind humor, but would like somebody to step up and say something, other than they'll open an Old City McDonald's.)
edit on 9-9-2018 by Scrutinizing because: Heavens! An emoticon in the Bible!

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: trustmeimdoctor

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: ketsuko

it really could happen any day now

The key to it all is to always be ready spiritually. When you are, then it's not a huge thing. It's interesting and that's all. My only regret and worry is for everyone else. That makes me sad.
It makes me sad that people believe in any of this crap. So many facts to disprove this religious stuff and yet here we are.

And our belief means what to you?

You must be horribly terrified to think that decent person you work next to or who lives in the neighboring apartment or house believes in this ... my goodness! It must frighten you because thoughts are dangerous things. As far as I'm concerned, who cares what makes a person live a decent life in regard to how they treat others so long as it works and you have a decent coworker or neighbor?

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I never really understood why they are waiting on prophecy. They should have demolished that mosque and build a temple after they were strong enough to hold the Arabs at bay.

Do you have any idea what would happen if the Dome of the Rock mosque was demolished?
You would have over a billion angry muslims going to war over it.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrutinizing

No, it is absolutely not clear.

Read Luke's reporting of that Daniel passage you cite. Luke refers ro the "abomination of desolation" as being armies surrounding Jersusalem. That's how Luke interprets the passage.

I'm gonna go with Luke's undrstanding of the scripture....someone who studied and lived during the times being written about in the scripture. Someone who understood the scripture, it's history of interpretation, and the context of it, since he lived in it. I figure he has a more accurate take on it then "prophecy teachers" who live 2000 years later, have little idea of the culture of the day, and who read the passage with 2000 years of church "leaders" abs their "doctrine" overlaid many times so that they are interpreting scripture through a thick haze of skewed thought.
edit on 9-9-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Luke refers ro the "abomination of desolation" as being armies surrounding Jersusalem. That's how Luke interprets the passage.

Luke just threw his medicine bag at you. You know, it's always a problem, when you try doing exegesis on acid.
edit on 9-9-2018 by Scrutinizing because: Dat little i dint look like no little i.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scrutinizing

Luke refers ro the "abomination of desolation" as being armies surrounding Jersusalem. That's how Luke interprets the passage.

Luke just threw his medicine bag at you. You know, it's always a problem, when you try doing exegesis on acid.

I have no idea what you are trying to say with your "clever" banter, but see the edit to my above post.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Well, I see you added a lot of blabber, without a word of scripture, scripture analysis or, naturally, contextual harmony. Maybe you need to troll somebody who does such utterly vacuous, senseless arguments people like you seem to enjoy trying to gin up? If you can't say something of serious scholarship, try saying nothing at all.

Proverbs 17:28 Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.

edit on 9-9-2018 by Scrutinizing because: wording

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Is this cow where we get swiss cheese? It is "Hole"Y cheese

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Has anyone ever read the cow prophecy of Enoch?

Enoch chapter 88:12-17

"Then the white cow, which became a man, went out of the ship, and the three cows with him. One of the three cows was white, resembling that cow; one of them was red as blood; and one of them was black. And the white cow left them. Then began wild beasts and birds to bring forth. Of all these the different kinds assembled together, lions, tigers, wolves, dogs, wild boars, foxes, rabbits and the hanzar. The siset, kites, the phonkas and ravens. Then a white cow was born in the midst of them."

The story continues to allude to the creation of the nation of Israel through animal symbolism. The cows represent leaders and the sheep represent those who follow them. The Egyptians were depicted as wolves.

I always thought it was strange that the Israelites would sometimes revert back to cow worship. There is the case of building the golden calf at Mt. Sinai. Then the second case is when the northern ten tribe kingdom of Israel set up two golden calves after they apostatized from Jerusalem.

Another strange thing to note is the Molten Sea basin of the Tabernacle temple was held up by 12 cows or oxen. No other animal is depicted in the temple arrangement. Why is the cow given such special treatment with the temple?

Molten Sea

I think this data confirms that Judaism believes in the book of Enoch. They just don’t want the public to know this.
I don’t know how the red cow prophecy fits in all this. There must be another sacred text that makes this revelation.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: lostinspace

I never knew that, thanks for posting it.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I'm going to start a new thread with this topic to see what people think.

Thanks for the inspiration.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Some of the Injun tribes were hanging out waiting for a white buffalo that was supposed to be some kind of sign.
One was born.
Shortly thereafter it was struck dead by lightning.www.nativevillage.org...
I've found a blue crawfish and an orange rattlesnake.
The world didn't end.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Maybe I am narrow minded, but back in the time of the prophecy a red calf was a rarity so it strikes me as subverting the prophecy by using science to ramp up the odds of getting a red heifer.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
I personally find it amazing that an ancient religion would found so much of their laws based on a near-impossible event.
Pretty ballsy

Why? That's exactly what they want to do. That way, the chances of that thing happening and people then realizing that the religion is BS when the rest of the prophecy doesn't follow, is much less likely to happen.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scrutinizing
a reply to: KansasGirl

Well, I see you added a lot of blabber, without a word of scripture, scripture analysis or, naturally, contextual harmony. Maybe you need to troll somebody who does such utterly vacuous, senseless arguments people like you seem to enjoy trying to gin up? If you can't say something of serious scholarship, try saying nothing at all.

Proverbs 17:28 Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.

A bible-thumper who wilfully denies and/or ignores science and mountains of data in order to maintain his belief system, claiming that what he says is "serious scholarship." That's endlessly ironic...

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Maybe I am narrow minded, but back in the time of the prophecy a red calf was a rarity so it strikes me as subverting the prophecy by using science to ramp up the odds of getting a red heifer.

Well, science is a gift from God, after all. Isn't it?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Dogma gives me a headache...

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

From what I can gather the Jews need a Red Heifer for the building of the Third Temple. There has not been one in 2,000 years.

From what I understand is that, as we speak, the temple is not only already planned but has been partially built and stands ready to assemble. Once it is started it will be finished in about six months -- but-- will take about three and one half years to dedicate.

The red heifer must be slaughtered in the proper way -----------

Shechitah is the Hebrew term for the ritual slaughtering of animals under the laws of kashrut.

Shechitah slaughtering strives to minimize the pain experienced by the animal before dying and must be done "with respect and compassion" for the animal by a trained and certified religious Jew called a shochet.

An extremely sharp knife - challef - is used to slit the animal’s throat, severing the trachea, esophagus, carotid arteries, jugular veins and vagus nerve, in one swift action causing the animal to immediately lose all consciousness. According to Jewish religious sources, after this cut is made the animal is insensible to pain and exsanguinates in a prompt and precise action. The blood is then drained in accordance with the biblical injunction to not benefit from the blood of an animal. Likeise, the blood may not be drunk because of its symbolic nature with man.
Unquote

www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

After this the animal is burned to ash and the ash is then mixed with the previous heifer's ashes. The ash is then mixed with certain ingredients and reduced to an anointing oil [liquid]. Moses made the first anointing oil to purify the temple furniture and the high priest.

The temple must be built after the ashes have been created in the proper manner. The High Priest must be reinstated from the linage of David and also purified. How that will set with Christianity is going to be very interesting because Christianity insists that the covenant of Moses has been done away with and that the New Covenant of Yahusha [Jesus] has replaced the covenant of Moses. There cannot be two Messiahs in the either covenant. The Jews teach world dominance and the Christians also teach world dominance so there is going to be a great conflict between the two eventually. The love affair will terminate eventually.

This can be realized by the antichrist stepping into the picture after the temple is operating again and preventing the sacrifice once again. It truly is going to be interesting. Nevertheless, it will not be an overnight happening and will take a few years to be seen, if indeed it is going to happen. lots of things to straighten out before anyone sees this happening.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I wonder if a virtual reconstruction of the Temple would work just as good as an actual, physical temple. After all, the intent is the same.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

What's interesting is that the original covenant made with Abram was through the sacrifice of a heifer, goat and ram. These three had to be three years of age. A dove and a young pigeon had to be sacrificed as well. Abram cut the three larger animals in half and made a separation between them. The birds were left whole. When night fell a smoking firepot with a blazing torch appeared and passed between the pieces. The covenant was made at that moment.

Genesis 15

Things to note about the initial covenant procedure and the rabbinic belief in the red heifer, Third Temple execution:

1. A heifer is used
2. Larger sacrifices were three years old.

I think I read that the Third Temple dedication would take three years to complete.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join