It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 92
<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Okay guys I’m gonna bow out for a while will keep an eye on this but I won’t be holding my breath, the sun isn’t exploding and we won’t be getting any 3 fingered hand shakes from our space brothers anytime soon sadly.

Vice is having fun with this and giving mercury much more credence than it should have ><
www.google.com...
edi t on 9/14/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/14/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Sh*t, sorry. Didn't mean to step on your post.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

I think there could be a couple things that happened. #1 promotional stunt to get everyone excited about science again and the sheriff is involved. #2 someone trolled the research staff and sheriff and said they were FBI and were told to evacuate. There are always Blackhawks in the area maybe the sheriff saw one and just figured it was part of it. Saw some research staff climbing on the antenna to grab a piece of equipment and assumed it was FBI. #3 Sheriff is pulling the stunt and was the guy that called to tell researchers to evacuate. Might be because he is pissed at FBI for previous involvement in his jurisdiction.
New Mexico is a crazy place, lots of strange things happen there. Whatever goes down, this has been a hell of a conspiracy and a lot of fun.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Has anyone posited that the telescope could have been commandeered by the US government? Telescopes can be controlled remotely. The work that was happening to antennas after the initial evac could have been some callibration and networking. This could also explain why there 'appears' to be nobody at the site.

"The telescope at Sunspot was originally built by the U.S. Air Force. After several years of operation, it was transferred to the National Solar Observatory, which is part of the National Science Foundation."
Washington Post

So the telescope was built by the military and the site belongs to the federal government(NSF). The evacuation "request" seems to have come from the top down. Government notifies AURA who notify NSO? Following the chain of command helps to maintain calm instead of the feds turning up unannounced and maintains cooperation of scientists at the facility.

I was intitially considering the digital security breach/hack theory, but why would the site still be closed off and why no elaboration on the supposed security risk?

Is there any reason that the US government would want use of this facility at this specific time?
edit on 14-9-2018 by SackCloth because: link error

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

They got a phone call telling them to evacuate. I'm trying to find another angle in all of this lol. Might be a little whack.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Latest on twitter:

Agent T. 

@darkbeats51

Replying to

@ReutersUS

Rumor has it the Observatory found something. Also a person associated with the Observatory tried to be a hero whistleblower atempted to mail evidence, also explaining why the nearby usps office was closed down

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

Sh*t, sorry. Didn't mean to step on your post.

Anything bears repeating when a thread gets so long, no one sees the older stuff.
I enjoyed the video myself.
edit on 14-9-2018 by SeaWorthy because: sp

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: 898929

They got a phone call telling them to evacuate. I'm trying to find another angle in all of this lol. Might be a little whack.

Well, they did have their spokesperson speak about it so I am sure they would not just up and close with a phone call they could not verify.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Just wanted to interject for a moment, does anyone else find it hard to take someones words seriously when they call themselves like Star God or something like that. Especially when you know they are full of it and they are trying to convince you. Like for instance, "did you know this is the year of the dog and anubis is the God of death in Egypt (also depicted as a dog) so that means, this year it's the apocalypse." I literally just had someone say that, I'm totally dumbfounded..you know some of us do study the occult for real right ? It's not just putting two random things together and voila but whatever I guess..sorry rant over lol
edit on 14-9-2018 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2018 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: 898929

Well, they did have their spokesperson speak about it so I am sure they would not just up and close with a phone call they could not verify.

Thai was something with at least some forethought put into it but the sheriff being a loud mouth kicked the conspiracy into high gear, there was purpose to this I don’t think it was criminal I think this was procedure they’ve handled it terribly but nothing to get all excited over.
The world is otay spanky

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SackCloth
Has anyone posited that the telescope could have been commandeered by the US government? Telescopes can be controlled remotely. The work that was happening to antennas after the initial evac could have been some callibration and networking. This could also explain why there 'appears' to be nobody at the site.

"The telescope at Sunspot was originally built by the U.S. Air Force. After several years of operation, it was transferred to the National Solar Observatory, which is part of the National Science Foundation."
Washington Post

So the telescope was built by the military and the site belongs to the federal government(NSF). The evacuation "request" seems to have come from the top down. Government notifies AURA who notify NSO? Following the chain of command helps to maintain calm instead of the feds turning up unannounced and maintains cooperation of scientists at the facility.

I was intitially considering the digital security breach/hack theory, but why would the site still be closed off and why no elaboration on the supposed security risk?

Is there any reason that the US government would want use of this facility at this specific time?

I would think there would be military instead of FBI
There have been solar storms from coronal hole storms that have been pretty bad. I was thinking maybe their satellites may be involved, there could even be secret satellite monitoring equipment there so close to the military bases and like you said they built it.

The study, which analyzed years of satellite data, found that electron radiation levels at geostationary orbit could remain exceptionally high for 5 days or more, even after the solar wind speed had died down. As a result, electronic components on satellites could charge up to dangerously high levels and become damaged.

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

Just wanted to interject for a moment, does anyone else find it hard to take someones words seriously when they call themselves like Star God or something like that. Especially when you know they are full of it and they are trying to convince you. Like for instance, "did you know this is the year of the dog and anubis is the God of death in Egypt (also depicted as a dog) so that means, this year it's the apocalypse." I literally just had someone say that, I'm totally dumbfounded..you know some of us do study the occult for real right ? It's not just putting two random things together and voila but whatever I guess..sorry rant over lol
Don’t get me started on numerology I was born on 1/22/88 OMG Illuminati confirmed!

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Well, one mystery solved. On the sign at the entrance it reads "PLEASE WALK SLOWLY" That is some strange phrasing, however if you enlarge the sign, just above that statement is this: "9269 feet in altitude" (or something to that effect...csn't remember the exact number). They are just warning people unused to walking on a hilly site nearly two miles above sea level, lol....nice people.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: KeithCooper
Well, one mystery solved. On the sign at the entrance it reads "PLEASE WALK SLOWLY" That is some strange phrasing, however if you enlarge the sign, just above that statement is this: "9269 feet in altitude" (or something to that effect...csn't remember the exact number). They are just warning people unused to walking on a hilly site nearly two miles above sea level, lol....nice people.

Makes sense I seem to remember something similiar up on Pike’s Peak @14k feet along with a bunch of EMS with oxygen up there all the time especially for those sadists who hike up it, no thanks driving up it was just awesome.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

You know I tend to agree, but who knows. Do you question the FBI over the phone? I definitely would! No one else has been quoted seeing the FBI except the sheriff, and even then he sees them in the distance. I haven't read of anyone communicating with or meeting the FBI. Funny story about not verify who calls. In high school me and some friends canceled school by calling in a snow day to the state news (KAKE). We got the password (playground) from a friend who worked at a radio station. All we did was call and say we were the superintendent and said the password and next thing you know schools canceled and staff is pissed. Just saying some people don't verify things.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I rarely visit nowadays, it is extremely rare that we get anything interesting anymore.... But this! Well.
I found a YouTube Clip - this guy literally walks through the abandoned facility, there is nobody at all anywhere to be seen, no guards, nothing.

www.youtube.com...

This sort of eliminates a takeover by any authorities.
This really is strange.

Two things that I would like to see/understand:

(1) I saw a separate thread discussing the closure of other Sun Observatories - please can someone verify that and specifically list the closed facilities - we are talking facilities overseas as far as I know

(2) Also - of equal importance would be any Solar Observatories that are still open and publishing data etc - that would be an equally valuable list.

My apologies if others have linked the YT clip - this thread is so long...

Sinceely
askbaby

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

You got mail...
And i can't check my mail because of the adds blocking what i need to click in my mail.

Edit: send up smoke signals to let me know you got my pm.😆😆😆
edit on 14-9-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: KeithCooper

A lot of trouble when people have heart attacks!

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: BigDave-AR

You got mail...
And i can't check my mail because of the adds blocking what i need to click in my mail.

Edit: send up smoke signals to let me know you got my pm.😆😆😆

YGPM good sir. I’m not at my rig or I’d send one hell of a smoke signal lol.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: askbaby
I rarely visit nowadays, it is extremely rare that we get anything interesting anymore.... But this! Well.
I found a YouTube Clip - this guy literally walks through the abandoned facility, there is nobody at all anywhere to be seen, no guards, nothing.

www.youtube.com...

This sort of eliminates a takeover by any authorities.
This really is strange.

Two things that I would like to see/understand:

(1) I saw a separate thread discussing the closure of other Sun Observatories - please can someone verify that and specifically list the closed facilities - we are talking facilities overseas as far as I know

(2) Also - of equal importance would be any Solar Observatories that are still open and publishing data etc - that would be an equally valuable list.

My apologies if others have linked the YT clip - this thread is so long...

Sinceely
askbaby

Well all I can do is show what others have said, I had a list of places I checked and there were other closures withing a few weeks of this one all for unusla repares or such.

The solar/space cams that were shut down include:

"AXIS 232D Network Dome Camera located in Sydney Australia.
Webcams located at SOAR Observatory – The Southern Astrophysical Research Telescope located in Chile.
BRT Tenerife Telescope Webcam located in Spain.
Webcam located at Mauna Kea observatory at the University of Hawaii Hilo.
Webcam from the Canada-France-Hawaii Telescope observatory in Hawaii.
Webcam at JAT OBservatory in Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania."

www.worldtribune.com...

top topics

<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join