It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I understand what you are saying, what I am saying is that employees and the observatory itself seem to be posting about increased tourism in anticipation of the site reopening. You don't reopen something which you are securing before a demolition. I agree with you though, this is not yet a conspiracy but rather a very intriguing mystery and I expect a terrestrial and most likely mundane explanation.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Mactaddy

Except for the fact that...we're at a Solar Maximum right now.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ToasterBorst

Again, the FBI are not involved in the shutdown. Whatever they're doing is wholly unrelated.

It's just a coincidence.

The discussion with the employees is unrelated. They're just trying to hang on to their lifestyle. It's a cultural thing.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
DBL

edit on 9/13/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fiscal
BigDave—sent you a PM.

Replied

You may be right clay but I’m still holding out for something juicy.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Honestly...me too!

I really hope I'm wrong and this is something really big! I really do!

I'm merely stating what I found out today, and frankly I was kind of bummed about it. I had hoped for more intrigue.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I wasn’t faulting you for it I’d rather you say how you think it is than try to go along for funsies

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Except that it isn't shutting down because the New Mexico State University became the operating entity of the observatory.

NSO still retains ownership, however.

www.alamogordonews.com...

Not to mention this facility got additional funding for upgrades. Why fund something that much that would just shut down 2 years later?

tinyurl.com...

edit on 13-9-2018 by PublishedShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Plzbetrue

I'll be patiently waiting for those photos and videos. Probably going to check out pretty soon and resume in a few hours though. Stay safe & feel free to PM anytime.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
From the information I have acquired. I promise I’ll put a nice pretty thing together and share it. For now:

1. The FBI was not there, no one saw them ever. It was evacuated via phone.

2. THe employees are totally fine, they were not there. There was only 4 normally they are at NSO doing remote access.

3. The reason is that the place is getting dismantled and relocated to Hawaii to be part of the super bad ass one they’re making. The best in the world.

4. The lense on this telescope we’re dealing with is consider one of the best, if not the best in the world. The highest quality image.

5. (Opinion). Some foreign entity called and pretended to be FBI and played # nuts Sheriff. They flew in on a black hawk and tore # up and got the hell out. FBI probably heard within the day and they got stayed quiet possibly so that the enemy wouldn’t know they were onto them. Remember that place is isolated as #, even though it’s next to the scariest place ever.

6. I forget the rest but I’ll post when I remember. 1-4 I have actually evidence for these reasons.

7. I remember! AURA does not own any of it. It is 100% federal land. AURA (who owns the NSO) has a permanent lease. I dont have proof on this but it was from a VERY reliable source.
edit on 9/13/18 by Plzbetrue because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Still feel like keeping locals away from their homes for a week+ with no explanation or official statement beyond 'security situation' is the holdout factor for me. Previously it was the antenna work comment, but I agree with your assessment there.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Of course I’ll send you everything when I have some free time. Im doing a # ton of research right now. Goodnight cya tomorrow!a reply to: threeeyesopen

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: PublishedShadow

Just look into grants and how they work, you'll see this same kind of thing all the time.

Heck, just go look at one of the greatest conspiracy sites on planet Earth...HAARP, and look at the grant history there. You'll see that exact same thing. Little drips and drabs of research money coming in, press releases from education institutions trying to drum up support...only for the facility to close it's doors 12 to 18 months later (and then reopen later, then close again, then open, then close). This can go on for decades!

Trust me, I know what I'm talking about here

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: steaming

Thanks I will try to have a good one, same to you. I'm going to take a look at your video then I'm really off for a little while.

Everyone has done some great work today as well that's for sure. we should all pat ourselves on the back. Stay safe everyone, talk to you all again soon.
edit on 13-9-2018 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Fiscal

Looks like he said 'data', not 'footage'

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Plzbetrue

I cant wait to read what more you have, sounds very promising already
good night

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SheilaD

Source ?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: PublishedShadow

Let me put it to you like this...

You've got 10-12 people at an instituion, a couple of them are professors and many of them are doctoral candidates in Helio-Physics. Many of these guys are working on their Doctoral Thesis' (or defending it). This is where they live. This is their life. Now all of a sudden the money grant money runs out. They go scurrying around trying to get funding from somewhere...anywhere. The don't find millions, or even hundreds of thousands, but rather tens of thousands. They hunker down and hang on. Changing schools at this point would be painful, right? You've spent all that time, you're almost there...then no money. They will do ANYTHING (including live on Ramen noodles and live in their car) to stay.

Like I said, trust me, I know (several of my family are academic types like this..."professional students" as I call them). They're hangers-on, and could never work in the real world. This type of stuff is their entire existence, and when the (taxpayer) money runs out you'd think they were given a death sentence (and in some respects they were).

edit on 9/13/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SheilaD

Grrrraaahhhh!!! I wanna go to bed!!! Hahaha darnit the article changed and now it says data not footage, good catch sheila. Its the article that I referenced earlier www.kob.com...

ETA I never took a screenshot of the original article...also Massachusetts, wtf is going on

edit on 13-9-2018 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The oddest thing at this point is that whoever initiated the evacuation is completely uninterested in the place now but people are still not allowed back to their homes. Keeping people out of their homes on short notice for a week is a BIG deal that generally requires considerable accountability.

new topics

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join