It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: shaolin_dragon

You can see their left arms...are their right arms holding rifles slung on their right shoulders?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Heres one link for you all: ownyourdefense.net...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Dolon

Can you provide a description of you photo please ? I dont have Facebook or Instagram.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Or not humans! a reply to: caterpillage

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen
a reply to: caterpillage

Heres one link for you all: ownyourdefense.net...

So maybe China robocalled "Nancy", the secretary at the observatory, and tricked her into allowing Chinese hackers into their camera/antenna system, thus observing the fun things at White Sands? Just being funny here but anything is possible.

Still weirded out by this Spurgeon guy. I know I've seen his name on these forums before.
edit on CDT11America/Chicago112018201891320182018-09-13T11:16:38-05:00 by TheGoondockSaint because: (no reason given)

edit on CDT11America/Chicago112018201891320182018-09-13T11:17:10-05:00 by TheGoondockSaint because: (no reason given)

link   

link   

I’ve been out of the loop for about 24 hours or so. Is it me or does that post literally still say nothing about what happened? It addresses that something happened causing excitement, but not what. I’m reading backwards in the thread right now, has it been explained?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I've been watching this develop since Friday night, one of the most fascinating threads I've seen in my decade frequenting ATS. As some others have said, THIS is why I love this site and our member community, and why I started participating.

To me, this whole thing reeks of misdirection. Get the so-called "Conspiracy World's" eyes looking at point A, while the real X-Files/Close Encounters/Cloak & Dagger stuff is happening at point B or C. Shut it down quickly with a vague security related explanation, evacuate a couple dozen, close down a small post office. Send one black chopper, and enough FBI to attract attention. But no HazMat teams, no lingering Fed or military presence... None of it jives with any of the official stories.

Hats off to the members who are doing some real journalism, which has become so uncommon nowadays... Calling and talking to local people familiar with the situation, the drone video- really good stuff.

-M4nWithNoN4me
edit on 9132018 by M4nWithNoN4me because: Auto-correct F'd me

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGoondockSaint

Rod Suprgeon’s Twitter covers both science fiction writing and USPS business. I’d say it’s a pretty sure shot that he’s confirmed.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Interesting.

Seems like the Observatory administration just joined the hype.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: shaolin_dragon
a reply to: 898929

Is it me, or are those two guys carrying rifles? Might be just their arms being held at an odd angle, or could be a glitch in the picture?

It does look that way, beige pants and dark tops like Blackwater guys.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Fiscal

It has not been explained and we are indeed still in the dark, not gonna lie.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I have been browsing occasionally, but haven't posted a thing on ATS since 2016, but this topic/mystery/thread reminded me of ATS of past days. Still have loads to read of this thread yet.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGoondockSaint

Now I dont want to be "that guy" either but I feel like I'd heard his name before on ats.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

LOL then why say its closed because of a security issue, and supposedly blackhawk helicopter, FBI and not informing the local sheriff. Straight BS Id say.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

No joke, that Instagram post is almost snarky: ‘with all the excitement, I hope you’ll visit us’. Who does that? I figure if you’re going to capitalize on it, at least give people some semblance of a story. Then capitalize.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dolon
It begins

www.instagram.com...

Well.... IF they Remained closed longer than necessary just for publicity, after seeing the interest in the first couple of days of closure - that is going to make people angry.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
a reply to: Tanga36

I'm inclined to believe that these men only had FBI credentials, and were not FBI.
Your mileage may differ.

That is exactly what I'm feeling as well. Just doesn't seem like the usual FBI show. They LOVE attention and being seen on camera patting one another on the backs.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Yea... I saw that on their Facebook page. Seems odd that they are directing people to the astrophysicist.

new topics

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join