It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Montana

Lol yeah, well I guess I made the list.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

But still no Hazmat crews have been spotted. And the FBI wouldn't come for a hazmat situation along with a Blackhawk Helicopter. Local, county emergency responders would come. And the sheriff's dept. would not be denied that information.

Note to everyone else here....
Apache Point Observatory is a 1/2 mile from Sunspot, not a mile.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Double double post ...🙄

edit on 10-9-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
The FB biker guy posted on his page now, asking what's going on in sunspot.

Another guy responded saying he heard they found a terrorist cell.

I just saw that too, along with a picture of a quote from Henri Bergson which was interesting.

So now we have actual people from the area telling us it was a terrorist cell.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

originally posted by: zenartist
It was stated the scope sits on many tons of mercury .. could a large or dirty bomb create a large cloud of mercury gas and drift and contaminate a large area ?

From what I've found, the telescope is supported by the mercury being contained in a sort of fluid bearing from the top. Creating a frictionless movement. Or very close.
The bottom is 221 feet below ground coming to an almost point. At the 221 foot mark is a sump pump.

If the system failed and pumped mercury out of the sump and onto the ground, that would cause an evacuation.

True but they seem to have left many people behind that have no idea whats up. Who was evacuated and who was left behind?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGoondockSaint

The FB biker guy posted on his page now, asking what's going on in sunspot.

Another guy responded saying he heard they found a terrorist cell.

I just saw that too, along with a picture of a quote from Henri Bergson which was interesting.

So now we have actual people from the area telling us it was a terrorist cell.

Sure would think local law could be notified of that.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Interesting.
What if some terrorists were living in homes there, and using the antennas for their own needs? It's a good isolated location for that.
Perhaps everyone except terrorists were evacuated.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGoondockSaint

For a possible scenario,

A terrorist cell was hiding out in the forest near the observatory. They were using the towers to mount an antenna to communicate with a larger cell over the border in Mexico. (The observatory is quite close to the border).

That could explain the fbi, the Blackhawk, and workers on the tower.

The info blackout to even the sheriff could be due to the fbi wanting to be able to get sole credit for the bust and be able to announce on 9/11 That they busted a terrorist cell planning an attack.

This would take some heat off the fbi from their recent bad press and give them some much needed good PR.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Lol we're thinking along the same lines

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Good suggestions.
Maybe some of the local law enforcement are in cahoots with the terrorists and can not be trusted?

edit on 9/10/18 by BlueAjah because: Eta

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Local bad guys are certainly possible, but I think it more likely that a national or international element is setting up The Next Big Thing to entertain us.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

However, UFOs or solar apocalypse were much more exciting theories.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
OR....
They wanted to get "something" in or out of the area with no one to see.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I agree. Terrorists are so last week

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I kind of wonder if this has anything to do with the Compound that was being dealt with in NM? If it does then keeping a close eye on this site would be important since that compound has been nothing but cover-up central.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: pteridine

But still no Hazmat crews have been spotted. And the FBI wouldn't come for a hazmat situation along with a Blackhawk Helicopter. Local, county emergency responders would come. And the sheriff's dept. would not be denied that information.

Note to everyone else here....
Apache Point Observatory is a 1/2 mile from Sunspot, not a mile.

I actually liked my previous guess that an R&D craft from Holloman AFB or elsewhere went down but though that a mercury spill seemed more likely.

Edit to add: More likely a Mexican Cartel than a terrorist group, or a terrorist group funding themselves with drug sales. Holloman would make a nice target.
edit on 9/10/2018 by pteridine because: ETA

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

OR....
What can be observed form this particular observatory that would make it special?

Or would it just be better to view something from such a rural location so as not draw a lot of unwanted attention?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Was at work and had this dug up for me. Not sure if it’s been posted, but thought it was interesting. Sunspot’s grant was amended right around the time of the shutdown:

www.nsf.gov...

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

a reply to: TheGoondockSaint

For a possible scenario,

A terrorist cell was hiding out in the forest near the observatory. They were using the towers to mount an antenna to communicate with a larger cell over the border in Mexico. (The observatory is quite close to the border).

That could explain the fbi, the Blackhawk, and workers on the tower.

The info blackout to even the sheriff could be due to the fbi wanting to be able to get sole credit for the bust and be able to announce on 9/11 That they busted a terrorist cell planning an attack.

This would take some heat off the fbi from their recent bad press and give them some much needed good PR.

Honestly I've been home sick all day and reading/investigating all day and this is the most plausible answer in my honest opinion.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Perhaps it was just a psychological experiment designed to see how far the outer reaches of our imagination exist?

If so then we can rest assured that we here have no psychological boundaries when guessing at such events.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join