It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:
(post by OneArmedBandit removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGoondockSaint

X-Ray Vision UPDATE - 3 p.m., EDT, Sep. 7, 2018: The Focusing Optics X-ray Solar Imager (FOXSI) was successfully launched on a NASA Black Brant IX suborbital sounding rocket at 1:21 p.m. EDT (11:21 a.m. MDT) from the White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico.
The payload flew to an altitude of 189 miles before descending by parachute. The payload is being recovered. The science team reported that good data was obtained during the flight.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe
a reply to: threeeyesopen

I could have sworn that I saw either here or on Reddit that someone indeed called the other observatory, but didnt get an answer and didnt have any way to leave a message. Said that there were 3 phone tree options and he tried all 3 with no answer. Ring a bell to anyone???

Was here somewhere.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: OneArmedBandit

Bernie ? Oh wait never mind you're that other guy.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: zenartist
It was stated the scope sits on many tons of mercury .. could a large or dirty bomb create a large cloud of mercury gas and drift and contaminate a large area ?

From what I've found, the telescope is supported by the mercury being contained in a sort of fluid bearing from the top. Creating a frictionless movement. Or very close.
The bottom is 221 feet below ground coming to an almost point. At the 221 foot mark is a sump pump.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
a reply to: caterpillage

Yeah, he found an alien!

I just about died when he replied with that picture,which goes back to my original gut feeling that his original post about biking to the observatory was a planted post.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: OneArmedBandit

This is why we can't have nice things.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: zenartist

It's set up like this

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I fear that there is a good chance that the observatory will reopen and get back to normal and we will never know what really happened.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I found this very speculative information but I thought it might be worth sharing here. It does make for good fiction.

"A high level ET meeting has been called at a symbolic site; and the rest of the world gets a hint as to what is happening from the very name of the location and the fact that it's National Emergency Preparedness month might lend even more suspicion to the timing of this event. (many, suspiciously, start digging for the truth) ET cannot reveal himself to the general public as this would cause as much, or more, panic than any impending event with the sun, also perhaps because of some existing treaties or even the mores of the ET societies themselves. Sunspot, New Mexico is very close to White Sands and Holloman AFB, both big names in the history of ET, top secret testing, and conspiracies of all kinds. Sunspot, NM is also deep inside of Lincoln National Forest, secluded and well suited to inter-dimensional craft coming and going. This has all the makings of a great movie! This a test of the EAS system."

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I'd say that's likely very true. Us pleebs are better off left in the dark.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Hmm. That could explain the workers on the towers, they could have been temp taking them down to clear a flight path.

After a few cocktails during the visit ET may be a little swervy pulling out of the lot.
edit on 9 10 2018 by caterpillage because: Typo

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

ET cannot reveal himself to the general public as this would cause as much, or more, panic

FINE. ET can come on here and reveal himself to the not so general public, who won't panic!

Besides- who the hell in the mainstream would believe us???

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBuddy

Hi, I would like to add my "thanks" to all the others who appreciate your efforts to this thread -

- I hope you don't mind a suggestion -

If you talk to that reporter again, you might suggest he try to talk to some of the Postal workers -

- my dad was a mailman for 35 years and I can tell you, if he got extra days off due to the post office being closed unexpectedly, he'd have been hanging in the local pub and happy to talk to anybody who offered to buy him a beer..

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I called Apache Point Observatory yesterday. There are 3 choices of lines you can ring. I rang them all to no answer.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

Shoot, over the years we've had everything from ET, to demons, god, jesus, the devil, to Jesse Ventura post on this site.
So it would just blend right in like a good butter sauce

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBuddy

Did you try today during weekday hours by any chance?
I tried the sunspot visitors center a little bit ago and got the same recording as over the weekend.

You'd think the fbi would answer to see who's calling.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

originally posted by: zenartist
It was stated the scope sits on many tons of mercury .. could a large or dirty bomb create a large cloud of mercury gas and drift and contaminate a large area ?

From what I've found, the telescope is supported by the mercury being contained in a sort of fluid bearing from the top. Creating a frictionless movement. Or very close.
The bottom is 221 feet below ground coming to an almost point. At the 221 foot mark is a sump pump.

If the system failed and pumped mercury out of the sump and onto the ground, that would cause an evacuation.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage
They don't need to answer to see who is calling....

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The FB biker guy posted on his page now, asking what's going on in sunspot.

Another guy responded saying he heard they found a terrorist cell.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join