It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The big battle is coming for Idlib, Syria It really is a big deal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio
Honestly I figured most of those properties were illegally seized to begin with when the terrorists overran the area. I read about Daesh doing quite alot of that. Even the SDF were allegedly guilty of it near Raqqa. Pillage and loot is the original spoils of war after all.

I feel like they really have no claim over these properties since they are likely foreign individuals who stole them. But like the Israelis who bought Syrian oil from Daesh after being smuggled out through Turkey, they are going to make their money and bail out. Only the believers fight, and the leaders are rarely true believers. The leaders are pretty typical the world over. Only thing they believe in is their own greed and saving their hide by throwing others under the bus.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
originally posted by: worldstarcountry
A hospital in a cave you say?? I guess you can't hide even those...

Abdulkarim Ekzayez
‏ @kareemekzayez

Even hospitals inside caves in #Syria cannot be protected from air strikes. Today a hospital in #Has village southern #Idleb was targeted by barrel bombs and missiles as part of the recent offensive of #Assad regime on rebels territories in NW Syria

6:29 AM - 8 Sep 2018

Here is the video which goes with this attack, recently uploaded by Orient News.

Subscribe to Orient: goo.gl... Helicopter aircraft belonging to the regime's militia bombarded the Pulse Hospital in the area of Hasib countryside # Idlib Al-Janoubi, resulting in injuries among the medical staff and the visitors. The shelling also left the hospital out of service.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Steve from INL has brought to light some interesting rumors and allegations regarding US and UK soldiers trapped in Idlib. Some of what he mentions I already posted in another thread earlier today I update regularly. Other things I just learned from his analysis. If its true, I hope our guys can get out safely.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry Great video

I would have thought the Brits and the Americans would have already done an evac from Idlib. Stupid..

Russia offers to help evacuate ..... But NO, Russia bad, sacrifice our troops, save face... stupid..

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

If we got troops in there, it becomes one of those risks of being a special operator you can be abandoned and denied that you were there with a paperwork trail saying you died in a training accident in a remote area.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
the MSM reports are sparse...but the USA/UK are stranding consultants among the deployed terrorists (AQ et al) not with the objective of giving the proxy army of Jihadists cover...but as a result of not heeding the various Russian warnings that the barrage on the Idlib territory was a mere hours away...& for Americans to scoot !

The US is ready to put forward its own plan to effectively fight terrorism in Syria and it is not going to cooperate with Russia on the issue, the Pentagon said in a statement.

source: hal turner radio

i get the notion that in a few weeks, many of the 50,000 or more Jihadi terrorists the USA refers to as Syrian Rebels' will be airlifted to the EU or to the USA to be dispatched to Sanctuary Cities as Syrian Refugees... well at any rate the Jihadi fundamentalists who survive the joint Syrian-Russian bombing operations before the massive boot-on-the-ground/ door-to-door mop up campaign meant to terminate the whole Terrorist Army once and for all

~humanitarian evacuation indeed !~

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
WHoOever, IF[ ever from our side is still behind enemy lines, is going to have a for sure evac routes. Remember the Israelis are doing those evacuations with those funny ambulance drones I noticed someone post earlier this year. Can somebody find those again? They would make excellent Ambulances for Urban environments. They could hold two people laying down on each side, or weapons and equipment instead.

But rebels don't fly nothing that big so they would just allow the flights out regardless, or the F-22's and F-35's and Apache's will go in and secure the evacuation. It can't really get any worse than it already has. Israeli's have taken out AA Russian AA, Russians have taken out dozens of Intelligence officers from a host of countries allied with us including US and Israel and UK, We took out a hundred military contractors. Jets and helicopters have gone down on all sides from Yemen to Iraq and Syria as well. Im thinking this hype around Idlib is simply about making it as expensive as possible for the Axis powers before they help Syria regain its territory.

ahh yes, I am betting these drones are flying over those skies, or really low to the ground by the dozens at least. Gives them that break in period to allow the glitches to be exposed so they can work them out before commercial sales for 2020.

edit on 9-8-2018 by worldstarcountry because: i found those drones

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Steve from INL has brought to light some interesting rumors and allegations regarding US and UK soldiers trapped in Idlib. Some of what he mentions I already posted in another thread earlier today I update regularly. Other things I just learned from his analysis. If its true, I hope our guys can get out safely.

Maybe they are not "trapped" but being abandoned there so that they get killed and then the US/UK will have a reason to bring up full war against Syria because of the death of those soldiers. Is not first time lives have been wasted for the same reason anyway, once you do it once, you can do it again without remorse

Who knows, but if they weren't there in the first place, because they did not have a right or reason to be, then this would not have to happen. Starting from the reason ISIS and related crazy murderers exist at all, but oh well

Thanks to all those fools in control i guess i won't ever get to have kids, or marry, or grow up, or have a life. Once WW3 starts and we all get a good end of year gift in the form of nuclear fireworks. F*k you so much to all idiots in "control" of the world
edit on 9-9-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

WW3 starts here...

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: OneArmedBandit
Geesh, here we go...

www.rt.com...

US jets strike Syrian town with banned white phosphorus bombs – Russian Defense Ministry

Published time: 9 Sep, 2018 17:06

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Guys relax, have your kids, get married, live your life. World war three has been going hot since 2009, and the financiers of it, the citizens of our great nation and those of our alliance have hardly even noticed. It's at the peak literally right this moment. With China saying they would lend their support for the Idlib Purge, it will be quite the show for the next year. And then it begins to wind down .

I actually wrote in a thread I will try to find about raqqa being the point that the nEw Iron Curtain of sorts would be drawn. Sure enough everything East of the Euphrates river was absorbed by the Oceania super empire after a swift liberation that beat the Axis, it just is not on paper yet.

South Iraq is going back and forth between Iranian and Oceania. I kinda of wonder if we will be able to hang on to it. Protestors have been attacking the Iranian consulate setting the neighborhood on fire. It's quite the interesting phenomenon to witness. Like when you play the game Sid Meier's civilization and a conquered city is flashing multiple flags as the city figures out who to be loyal to. That's what is going on right this moment in Basra, Iraq.

The world is not ending, and the only nukes that have and will be used again are low yield tacticals. The rulers of Earth have used research and new techniques to wage global wars literally in front of people's eye without most of us seeing or hearing it . The best thing we can do to make sure we win is to go out and spend that money, electronically preferably for the billions of dollars in fees. And do lots of drugs. I think iib has documented enough that the deep state uses that tax free income for these shenanigans.

Buy stuff electronically and keep doing drugs, and our empire will have the funding to conquer indefinitely!

Im not even being sarcastic or funny. As long as those two things keep going strong this rock belongs to our collective, and everyone else has to team up just to hold on to crumbs.

Oh man, the guys that keep eyes on me are surely going to be amused by that one.
edit on 9-9-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
This report from Anna news covers some of the goings ons around North Hama/South Idlib today, including recent Axis Powers air strikes and artillery exchanges by both sides. I do not understand Russian so I can specifically say what details are being reported.

Главное от ANNA NEWS на вечер 10 сентября 2018

The main thing from ANNA NEWS on the evening of September 10, 2018

The following tweet is reporting on heavy air strikes in the illustrated town/village, some of those videos may be what is shown in the video above.

Qalaat Al Mudiq
‏ @QalaatAlMudiq
3h3 hours ago

#Syria: acc. to local reporter area of #Lataminah (N. #Hama) alone was hit today by 4 #RuAF airstrikes, ~40 barrel bombs (#SyAF) & around 50 artillery shells/rockets.

I am not sure what this video is explaining, but it covers various parts of Syria mapping out what factions are stationed where, including maps of French, Russian, Turkish and US locations identified by the flags on the map. It is in Russian, so no doubt this report does not cast the Allied powers in a favorable light.

The latest Southfront analysis and report:

Israeli News live has gotten my respect for digging deep to get intel on these matters, so I have added their recent upload covering Turkey's movement of massive heavy weapons and armor convoys into Idlib as well as Russian military drills on the Syrian coast including amphibious assault.

لحظات من القصف الروسي العنيف على مدينة اللطامنة شمال حماة
Moments of fierce Russian shelling of the town of Latamna, north of Hama

شاهد القصف بالبراميل المتفجرة على بلدة الهبيط جنوبي إدلب
He witnessed the bombing of the explosive barrel on the town of Habait south of Idlib

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I wanted to add this Stratfor analysis on Chinese comments to assist Assad to retake Idlib before I bow out for the night.

China, Syria: Officials Say the Chinese Military Is Willing to Help the Syrian Army Retake Idlib
Both China's ambassador to Syria as well as its military attache in the country have raised the possibility of Chinese military operations in Syria alongside the Syrian government. Chinese Ambassador Qi Qianjin reportedly stated that the Chinese "military is willing to participate in some way alongside the Syrian army that is fighting the terrorists in Idlib and in any other part of Syria," while military attache Wong Roy Chang reportedly said the Chinese military could participate in an operation to retake rebel-held Idlib if Beijing made the political decision for it to do so.

Active Chinese military involvement in Syria would mark a substantial step forward in overall Chinese involvement in the Middle East and in a global sense as well. ... China has also long been concerned about Uighur militants in the Turkistan Islamic Party (TIP) operating in Idlib. Given the extensive combat experience of TIP's Syrian branch and its significant capabilities, Beijing has an interest in seeing Uighur militants destroyed before some of them return to Central Asia or even China. However, even if China does participate in the campaign to retake Idlib, which is far from certain, it's involvement would remain fairly low key. China's focus in Idlib would be to see key TIP leaders and fighters killed. To that end, the most likely Chinese deployment would primarily involve military advisers, intelligence personnel and perhaps some special operations forces for specific direct-action missions. In terms of the latter, this would likely involve small-scale deployments of specialized Chinese People's Armed Police Force units such as the Snow Leopard Commando Unit, which has considerable counterterrorism experience. Still, even such a low-level commitment by China would mark a remarkable departure in the overall Chinese strategy, and would signal a new approach by Beijing to its involvement in the Middle East and further afield.

If China decides to wade into the Idlib morass, it would have to factor in the large number of involved parties, including Russia, Turkey and Iran.

The Syrian UN representative speaks at the Security Council meeting about Idlib Firday September 7, 2018. He does not seem too happy, but then again he always seems this way when he gets a chance to speak.

More videos of Turkey's convoy's entering Syria towards Idlib.

edit on 9-10-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I would just like to add that there is nothing nefarious about utilizing white phosphorous. The thought that it is being deployed to attack anyone is quite ridiculous as it is not very effective at targeting. It is used to illuminate the field for ground forces to better assess the battlefield as well as making smoke screens that units with FLIR can see right through clear as day while obstructing enemy visibility.

Why would they drop WP on neighborhoods to attack people when regular guided munitions would actually get the job done the way they intend. WP casualties are typically incidental exposure, not targeted.

Anyways, this week old upload claims to be the Turkistan Islamic Party readying for the upcoming "official" conflict between global powers. That explains why the Chinese began to talk the talk they started to last week around the same time. Lets see if the Chinese can walk the walk.

الحزب الإسلامي التركستاني|| رفع الجاهزية التامة||
Islamic Turkestan Party Completion of full readiness

Same group in late August.

رتل للحزب الإسلامي التركستاني العاهر ينتشر في محافظة ادلب بين المدنيين تحسبا لبدأ عمليات الجيش السوري واستهداف معاقل الارهاب في ادلب واريافها
A convoy of the Islamic Turkestan party spread in the province of Idlib among civilians in anticipation of the start of the Syrian army and the targeting of terrorist strongholds in Idlib and its allies

These are the guys China will use as their excuse to get involved on the ground or air of Idlib, Syria.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

WSC,

Great thread with updates and information.

What is different about Idlib compared to Aleppo, Deir ez Zur and Daraa is that there are regular Turkish army troops there. That is different situation than we've seen. Maybe similar to SAA squaring off with SDF and each having their own AO's? Don't think either would be eager to really get into it with each other.

Cauldrons, for sure, but also ample escape routes to Turkey I bet left open. Maybe Turkish forces primary mission there is to mop up retreating terrorists?

China - way late to enter the fray. Maybe they want to get some battle experience for their troops but everyone else is battle hardened and there isn't room for amateurs at the table there. If they wanted experience, they should have joined the fray 2 years ago.

Syria has been a war like never witnessed before. A dark ages battle between armies of mercenaries directed by empires and private actors. Vilest crimes against humanity, torture, cannibalism and depravity that should not exist in the modern world. Fairly equally matched in terms of weaponry, nightvision optics and thermal imaging. We saw the first use of small, commercial grade UAV's in battle. HAve since seen effective counter measures to them evolve.
Saw TOW's inflict heavy losses which nearly broke the SAA as a fighting force then countermeasures and better tactics employed to turn that all around. Witnessed Russia fire their first Kaliber cruise missiles (from the Caspian sea even). Witnessed RUAF in action and they look quite effective. Witnessed American cruise missiles countered effectively for the first time.

And finally, the reason why this war will not go away and is likely to broaden...
Witnessed Hezbollah go from an effective guerrilla force to a full fledged armed force with massive experience in combined arms tactics they never had before. Truly a nightmare Israel was not expecting going into the war.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Strate8
I know right!? But do not call this a world war, cuz you know... we just do not want to admit it is all.

Insurgents in north Hama allegedly did some damage to this Syrian Mi-8.

SMM Syria
‏ @smmsyria
15h15 hours ago

⚡️#BREAKING
#Russia MoD: #WhiteHelmets and its allied fighters nearly finish #chemicalattack false flag in #Idlibtwitter.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Hope you don't mind me posting this article from April 17.
This gives context to what to expect if US launches another missile strike during Idlib campaign.

The Pentagon and the Russian Defense Ministry continue to make mutually contradictory statements over the April 14 missile strike. On April 16, Defense Ministry Spokesman Major-General Igor Konashenkov once again rejected the Pentagon’s statements that all the missiles launched by the US, the UK and France had hit their targets. Konashenkov said that 71 US-led bloc missiles had been shot down by the SADF providing details on the defense systems used by the Syrian military:
Buk: 29 missiles fired – 24 targets hit;
Osa: 11 missiles fired – 5 targets hit;
S-125: 13 missiles fired – 5 targets hit;
Strela-10: 5 missiles fired – 3 targets hit;
Kvadrat: 21 missiles fired – 11 targets hit;
S-200: 8 missiles fired – no targets hit;
Pantsir-S1: 25 missiles fired – 23 targets hit;

SF recalls that the Pentagon says that 105 missiles were launched at only three targets. At the same time, the Russian and Syrian militaries say that the targets included Syrian airfields.

thesaker.is...

Here's the wiki for details and platforms used for the strikes:
en.wikipedia.org...
People can weed through that and see what they think, both assertions represented. Russian MOD later stated 66 not 71 of missiles fired were downed.

Of course Syria/Russia going to say they were massively successful shooting rockets down and of course US will say their strike all missiles hit their targets. But one thing seems to be in agreement is that 105 missiles were fired at 3 targets. That's a lot to throw at so few targets.

In some ways, now I am thinking maybe US won't launch a cruise missile strike, maybe a different asymmetric response?

I don't think US/West Can't effectively strike Idlib area to prevent assault:
If US/Brits/France Launches from ships/submarines in Mediterranean, those missiles will basically be flying over Russia's Khmeimim Air Base. I would think this would be easy pickings for Russia's S300 and Pantsir. Russia has a substantial flotilla out there as well. Things could get nasty real quick.

If They fire from the Red Sea, there are multiple layers of air defenses the missiles would have to get through to reach Idlib. Coming from Jordan or Iraq, a lot of warning from there also.

They can only really strike effectively from Turkey to prevent Idlib assault. If that happens, it is new stage in war and on like donkey kong. NATO Article 5, Bosphorus straight closed, official hot war likely. Would not surprise me too much though since Erdogan plays what ever side suits him that day.

So if strike comes I'm thinking it won't be direct support to Idlib, it'll be a repeat - Damascus and Homs.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
A dis gusting dirty trick by Assad to reconcile opposing fighters to work together instead setting them up for death with a sabotage bombing allegedly in their own headquarters. Assad really should be removed from power.

translated with google services.
More than 140 reconciliation fighters were killed in the villages of Hama and Idleb in mysterious circumstances after being summoned by the regime to prepare them for fighting alongside him in the possible operation on Idlib.

The sources of the network " Neda Syria " that about 80 elements of reconciliation factions coming from Rastan rural Homs to northern Syria were handed over to their relatives by the regime claimed to have been killed in a mine explosion in a headquarters in a novel identical to what was informed the people of Daraa where Killing of their sons affiliated with reconciliation factions.

Two days ago, the regime handed over the bodies of 40 members to their relatives in Daraa, and claimed they were killed by a bomb planted inside their military headquarters in the countryside of Hama.

The sources speculated that the intelligence of the regime and Suhail al-Hassan groups to liquidate them after being expelled from their areas, noting that the leaked recordings spread days ago to officers in the forces of Assad showed their fears of the elements and lack of confidence in them.

It should be noted that nine elements were executed by the regime last month at Camp Goreen, a few days after they came from the villages of Damascus countryside, while 11 were killed in different places.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Sending rockets to attack a neighboring country ... just might get old for the country being attacked. I know we have Israel's back but I can certainly see someone in Syria (Russia, Iran, or even Syrian defense force) saying enough is enough and retaliating in kind back to Israel.

BEIRUT (Reuters) - Syrian military air defenses downed several missiles that Israel fired in an act of “aggression” near Damascus airport on Saturday, Syrian state media said.

An Israeli military spokeswoman said Israel does not comment on foreign reports.

During the more than seven-year conflict in neighboring Syria, Israel has grown deeply alarmed by the expanding clout of its arch enemy Iran - a key ally of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

www.reuters.com... NQ

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
War gives a great opportunity for a little R&D

youtu.be...

Why Russian air defense is not effective against Israeli bombing runs in Syria.
youtu.be...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join