It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is really going on at Fukushima ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
I import live marine fish from Japan been wanting to get a geiger counter and check them mostly eels and sharks so they are bottom dwellers .

Please report back, I am asking for a buddy.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
I think it is the dumbest thing humans ever done.

Create something that can not be stopped.

All in the name of A.C..

No it might be about weapons grade Plutonium though.

I have been saying and posting evidence for years on ATS about safe reactors and the Cabal won't build them. I would not lie.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
They are not going to tell, the economic disaster would be huge. Alaska fishing shut down early this year.

Kenai River they’re unexpectedly weak. In some places, there are sockeye that are unusually small. In others, sockeye of a certain age appear to be missing entirely. It’s a mystery. In Southeast Alaska, one of the first Fish and Game staffers to notice an unusual trend was Iris Frank, a regional data coordinator and fisheries technician
fisherynation.com...

Absolutely unprecedented” is how Stormy Haught, the area research biologists for Alaska Department of Fish and Game described the situation Wednesday.

It's not just the radioactive waste affecting salmon. It's diseases from open water fish farms as well. I will not eat Pacific wild salmon or farm raised fish. Below are a couple of videos to explain what I am talking about. We have to stop polluting the sea, it may already be to late for the wild Salmon stocks.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Over fishing is huge too. We have to be stewards of the Earth and live on it. But we don't need to forget the Earth heals itself, we are hurting ourselves! We have to come to grips with killing everything like in the movie where "Solyent Green is Poeple" we can do that. We have to find ways to grow food better, yes but some common sense is not being used by the EPA on things since about GHWBush #41.

Here is the EPA in the news in a bad way involving Coal Ash spills where the report is data is claimed to be manipulated to hide the toxic. Also some radioactive material may be in there. Although nothing too worry about unless you were eating it as these people were sent to do against their better judgement. Some radioactive material will be naturally occurring in the coal and maybe some to do with the Defense Industry that the EPA seems to let slide.

www.knoxnews.com...

edit on 7-9-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant is and will continue to seep radioactive contamination into the ocean for the foreseeable future. There is no currently known technology which can handle the intense levels of radiation near the corium masses that were once reactor pressure vessels.

A little further away from the plant:

Fig 1. Study areas and sampling points.

Geographical distribution of the radiocesium precipitation is indicated by the values for eight months after the accident, adapted from “Extension Site of Distribution Map of Radiation Dose, etc.” [3]. (a) Study area. (b) Sampling points in the Edogawa river system. (c) Sampling points in the Tokyo Bay area. V: Tamagawa estuary, W: Sumidagawa estuary, X: Old-Edogawa estuary, Y: Off the Old-Edogawa estuary, Z: Center of Tokyo Bay, Aqua Line: Cross road of Tokyo Bay. River water in Old-Edogawa flows in the direction of the blue arrow in Fig 1C.

Fig 2. Activities of 134+137Cs in the surface sediments throughout the Tokyo Bay water system.

Sediment samples were collected from August 20, 2011, to July 12, 2016. The activity of 134+137Cs was radioactive decay corrected based on the value of March 16, 2011. The value of activity is shown as an average of the values from the surface to 5 cm depth. When there are multiple data at the same point, the activity is expressed as a weighted average value for the counting error.

Spatiotemporal distribution and fluctuation of radiocesium in Tokyo Bay in the five years following the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant (FDNPP) accident

Almost a year ago, I did a thread on a paper that had been published titled, "Microscopic Radioactivite Particles at Fukushima Daiichi," which confirmed some of what we speculated about in the original Fukushima mega thread; that there would be microscopic particles released which would be small enough to be aspirated and sure enough they were found.

It's the gift that will keep on giving for as long as we can imagine into the future.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant is and will continue to seep radioactive contamination into the ocean for the foreseeable future. There is no currently known technology which can handle the intense levels of radiation near the corium masses that were once reactor pressure vessels.

A little further away from the plant:

Fig 1. Study areas and sampling points.

Geographical distribution of the radiocesium precipitation is indicated by the values for eight months after the accident, adapted from “Extension Site of Distribution Map of Radiation Dose, etc.” [3]. (a) Study area. (b) Sampling points in the Edogawa river system. (c) Sampling points in the Tokyo Bay area. V: Tamagawa estuary, W: Sumidagawa estuary, X: Old-Edogawa estuary, Y: Off the Old-Edogawa estuary, Z: Center of Tokyo Bay, Aqua Line: Cross road of Tokyo Bay. River water in Old-Edogawa flows in the direction of the blue arrow in Fig 1C.

Fig 2. Activities of 134+137Cs in the surface sediments throughout the Tokyo Bay water system.

Sediment samples were collected from August 20, 2011, to July 12, 2016. The activity of 134+137Cs was radioactive decay corrected based on the value of March 16, 2011. The value of activity is shown as an average of the values from the surface to 5 cm depth. When there are multiple data at the same point, the activity is expressed as a weighted average value for the counting error.

Spatiotemporal distribution and fluctuation of radiocesium in Tokyo Bay in the five years following the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant (FDNPP) accident

Almost a year ago, I did a thread on a paper that had been published titled, "Microscopic Radioactivite Particles at Fukushima Daiichi," which confirmed some of what we speculated about in the original Fukushima mega thread; that there would be microscopic particles released which would be small enough to be aspirated and sure enough they were found.

It's the gift that will keep on giving for as long as we can imagine into the future.

Welcome back, brother.

And so true, it's going to be going on for awhile.

KD

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: astra001uk
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuckYou are may find this interesting it shows that the money saving decissions in the building of the plant ensured the demise of it not that many years later The stupidity and greed set a path to this most catastrophic of disasters

www.japantimes.co.jp...

Thanks Astra. I do find your post interesting. I believe, in all probability, that greed and stupidity are the true culprits of this epic disaster.

But still the thought comes to my mind that somehow we asked for it by using nuclear bombs on Japan during WWII. The dramatic trauma experienced by the Japanese culture, due to surrendering after we finally nuked them, certainly has an influence on the culture of today. I'm just proposing that this influence has made Japan infatuated with nuclear energy rather than fear and detest it.

It seems strange to me that they embraced the atom after being beaten into submission by it and now they have used it so irresponsibly that Japan and the rest of the world suffers for an eternity.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Just deny any fallout is caused by Fukushima, just blame ‘Climate Change’ and make more monez of it!
Freak animals? Climate Change..
Low levels of sealife? Climate Change...
Dying infants? Climate Change...
Radiation sickness? Climate Change!

As long it is not caused by the meltdowns, continue the coverup!

I still think the meltdowns at Fukushima are one of the worst manmade disasters that have happened on this planet. But the coverup is huge.
Why coverup?
If you do not have a solution, you might create mass hysteria and extreme legal trouble.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Spoiler:

Everything from people who are actually accredited that I've seen, personally, says exactly the opposite of all the doomsaying youtube personalities.

Most people pushing these agendas have legitimately NO scientific background, or at least none that give them the ability to speak on this with any authority.

No, the ocean is not dying.
No, there is no raise in radiation on our shores.
No, the radiation that is there isn't the end of the world (If it's still there after all these years, it's not very radioACTIVE, because the more active it is (like cesium 237) the faster it degrades, the shorter it's halflife)
and yes, sorry to say, the world is Not going to die anytime soon because of this.

You people need to be a little less pessimistic and trusting of anyone with a few thousand youtube subs.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
multiple post sorry

edit on 8-9-2018 by boogiegk because: (no reason given)

link   
sorry multiple

edit on 8-9-2018 by boogiegk because: (no reason given)

link   
They have not told the truth since it happened. If we knew the truth there would surely be an uprising!

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ZIPMATT

"[In the] first several years, we didn't have a really clear plan, because it's troubleshooting," Hirose told Ars. "Many, many things took place, so we had to settle down these things. Now the condition of the plant is very stable."

With the stability, one of the first steps chosen was to remove spent fuel, which was stored in elevated tanks in the reactor buildings. Reactor four shut down when the earthquake struck, and more than 1,500 fuel rods have since been safely removed. At reactor three, rubble covering the spent fuel pool has been cleared, and a new roof incorporating a crane has been built, paving the way to remove the spent fuel there.

But the melted-down reactors pose a much larger challenge. "We don't know exactly the condition of the debris, so we developed several different types of robotics and let them go into the reactor building," Hirose told Ars. "Now the robotics are taking movies, collecting all the data—temperature, radioactivity. Now we are planning how to attack, how to go to those debris. So maybe it takes a few more years; it depends on analyzing the situation."

ArsTechnica, Oct. 5, 2018 - An insider’s perspective on Fukushima and everything that came after.

There is finally some actual news that is not all "run to the hills" but a more honest look at what has been done as told by somebody working there, TEPCO CEO.

It is a long read but worth the time to hear from the man holding the bag.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

The owner of the Fukushima nuclear plant, destroyed by an earthquake and tsunami more than seven years ago, said water treated at the site still contains radioactive materials that for years it has insisted had been removed.

A spokesman at Tepco confirmed the findings and the apology.

Documents on the government committee’s website show that of 890,000 tonnes of water held at Fukushima, 750,000 tonnes, or 84 percent, contain higher concentrations of radioactive materials than legal limits allow.

In 65,000 tonnes of treated water, the levels of radioactive materials are more than 100 times government safety levels.

Radioactive readings of one of those isotopes, strontium-90, considered dangerous to human health, were detected at 600,000 becquerels per liter in some tanks, 20,000 times the legal limit.

Tepco has for years insisted that its purification processes remove strontium and 61 other radioactive elements from the contaminated water but leaves tritium, a mildly radioactive element that is difficult to separate from water.

The groundwater seepage has delayed Tepco’s clean-up and may undermine the entire decommissioning process.

reuter.com, Oct. 11, 2018 - Fukushima nuclear plant owner apologizes for still-radioactive water.

What is happening at Fukushima? The ground water is leaking into the destroyed building, picking up radioactive waste, when they pump out the water, they "treat" it, then store what is still contaminated. Well, their filtering process is not removing the stuff they said they were removing. They claim all that is left is tritiated water (radioactive isotope of hydrogen) and it is this water they want to dump into the Pacific.

But it is not just tritium in the water! And they, Tepco, have now admitted it.

IDK. But dumping it into the ocean does not seem like the smartest move in the world. Especially since it is more than just one radioactive element.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The Japanese govt. has caused the Fukushima accident in 2011, by sabotaging the NPP in there and at the same time, using nuclear weapons underwater to trigger a tsunami cover-up. The reason for such sabotage was an attempt to deter China, India and other countries from developing nuclear power stations, because otherwise their energy provisions could not be controlled by the petro-dollar based western financial system.

Needless to say, the historically imperialist Japan, greatest ally of Chamberlain, as miserably failed, except with regard to decadent EU countries like Germany and Italy.
edit on 20-11-2018 by Flanker86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   
A possible use for all dat caesium after it has been rendered less radioactive...

Enhancement of thermal stability for perovskite solar cells through cesium doping - RSC Advances (RSC Publishing)

The rendering processes that may be used:

pubs.rsc.org...#!divAbstract

Quote:
"The phenomena of isotope transmutation in growing microbiological cultures were investigated. ► Transmutation in microbiological associations is 20 times more effective than in pure cultures. ► Transmutation of radioactive nuclei to stable isotopes in such associations was investigated. ► The most accelerated rate of Cs137 to stable Ba138 isotope transmutation was 310 days. ► “Microbiological deactivation” may be used for deactivation of Chernobyl and Fukushima areas. - Abstract: The report presents the results of qualifying examinations of stable and radioactive isotopes transmutation processes in growing microbiological cultures. It is shown that transmutation of stable isotopes during the process of growth of microbiological cultures, at optimal conditions in microbiological associations, is 20 times more effective than the same transmutation process in the form of “one-line” (pure) microbiological cultures."
You can even couple the microbe pools with the radioisotopic thermoelectric generators as they "process." Just don't put too many of these bad boys too close to each other. Thats what caused the problems at Fukushima at the first place.

Another filtration process for desalination, etc:

pubs.rsc.org...#!divAbstract

Check out the gamma CPM in California recently. I'm assuming from the ground water getting into the trees and then into the forest fires.

Tritium only recently was able to be filtered:

www.japantimes.co.jp... cleanup/

I am thinking of uses for it besides dissipation or radioisotope thermoelectric generators. It seems like a bad idea to collect it all together without 2-3 different methods of redundancy to prevent catastrophic release and or diversion into dangerous weaponry. Nuclear transmutation is a very tricky business.

I wonder about the corium -

Japan might end up being able to use it to their advantage - Better than poisoning the **** out of the Pacific. Lots of loss of revenue from seafood etc. Thermal energy storage - Wikipedia

The remediation efforts under consideration:

dunrenard.wordpress.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

If they end up using those methods to clean up the caesium it looks like the barium byproduct could have quite a lot of uses especially in the petroleum industry. I'm not sure if that particular isotope, however stable, could be used as such though.

www.agreenroadjournal.com...

It is disturbing because if one disturbs the corium it could end up being even more disastrous.

So corium can even melt through concrete. I am thinking of ways how to entrap the mass and to help stop the reaction. There is no doubt that groundwater is "feeding" the reaction, so to speak, and also, untreated water is definitely not going to help. The water must be of depleted boron it seems, however, I am asking any nuclear engineer to aid in figuring this out.
For a material to assist in building the "sarcophagus.."

Perhaps deep boring equipment to tunnel under the corium, then fill with a concrete that consists of ducrete, lead, depleted boron particles, hempcrete etc. Then made into layers around the corium. The material must not react with the corium and should aid in cooling the material. One must look to chernobyl and see why the corium solidified and turned into a solid, lava like mass.

The composition of the layers at chernobyl may hold the key:

www.rt.com...

DUCRETE is a pretty decent material, it should be interesting. They have to use depleted boron and purified water instead of sea water. Hopefully we can finally mitigate this.

Theyd have to use deep earth borers to get under the corium and then build a platform underground, may be possible via replication of how mycelium forms in soil. It would be fruitful to study how mycelium from fungus forms, and replicate that.
The idea behind replicating mycelium colonization throughout soil, is that it tends to spread in a manner that produces the least disturbance and perturbation and destruction of the supporting structure of the soil and rocks. This will be key when working in the affected area. This may also have utilization in other energy exploration methods.

They were lucky at Chernobyl, the corium had solidified quite quickly.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Even if it can be cleared from the water, what do we do with it? lol.

phys.org...

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   
www.agreenroadjournal.com...#!/2016/02/2016-tokyo-japan-should-be-evacuated.html

the article is a few years old but in decay terms like it happened yesterday imo.

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
' I import live marine fish from Japan been wanting to get a geiger counter and check them mostly eels and sharks so they are bottom dwellers .'

one needs to consider the water content of the fish can give misleading readings. lead-lined box, dry and ground-down a sample of fish, place in lead box and place Geiger counter near to the sample. it's not perfect but will indicate the presence of isotopes. I possess a soeks quantum and an environmental instruments dosimeter. both are accurate when calibrated to an americium 241 source. they both detect gamma and beta.
have you considered radio-sensitive photographic paper? I have seen very good examples of it's use.

f.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
re: What to do with this tritium?

Helium-3 propulsion is a proposed method of spacecraft propulsion that uses the fusion of helium-3 atoms as a power source. Helium-3, an isotope of helium with two protons and one neutron, could be fused with deuterium in a reactor. The resulting energy release could be used to expel propellant out the back of the spacecraft. Helium-3 is proposed as a power source for spacecraft mainly because of its abundance on the moon. Currently, scientists estimate that there are 1 million tons of helium-3 present on the moon, mainly due to solar wind colliding with the moon's surface and depositing it, among other elements, into the soil.[2] Only 20% of the power produced by the D-T reaction could be used this way; the other 80% is released in the form of neutrons which, because they cannot be directed by magnetic fields or solid walls, would be very difficult to use for thrust. Helium-3 is also produced via beta decay of tritium, which in turn can be produced from deuterium, lithium, or boron.

www.projectrho.com...

It just is so dangerous to launch these sorts of devices within atmosphere and not really usable until after you escape orbit, for propulsion that is.
edit on 9-3-2019 by ginseng23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Damn Tritium is tricky and not too useful itself for direct use outside of certain types of generators:

www.projectrho.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   
www.scientificamerican.com...

Like assessing how the forming of the "obsidian"-like corium of Chernobyl occurred, this may help in mitigation efforts. Assessing what these glass like formations behave like, and how to coax it into a more stable configuration.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join